Linus Pauling May Have Been Vindicated - Vitamin C May Treat Cancer

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

InChristAlone

Janelle could you elaborate on the soda comment?
High fructose corn syrup is contaminated with mercury. Much like ascorbic acid. Plus if you drink it from an aluminum can you are getting BPA from the lining. I quit drinking it. I'd rather use the contaminated ascorbic acid and just use pure white sugar in my food and drink frozen concentrate juice.

I get a powder sourced well from a good plant in China. Like I said the least contaminated. Dont even bother with any other brand it will definitely have higher than 3 ppm heavy metals.

I would totally buy a pure ascorbic acid haidut! I use 4 g a day.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
High fructose corn syrup is contaminated with mercury. Much like ascorbic acid. Plus if you drink it from an aluminum can you are getting BPA from the lining. I quit drinking it. I'd rather use the contaminated ascorbic acid and just use pure white sugar in my food and drink frozen concentrate juice.

I get a powder sourced well from a good plant in China. Like I said the least contaminated. Dont even bother with any other brand it will definitely have higher than 3 ppm heavy metals.

Good to know, thanks. I am looking at sources right now. Regardless of the source, I will have to test all samples to see if there is even a single vendor who sells uncontaminated ascorbic acid.

encerent

Good to know, thanks. I am looking at sources right now. Regardless of the source, I will have to test all samples to see if there is even a single vendor who sells uncontaminated ascorbic acid.

Original C! This could become a main Ray Peat supp.

encerent

Where do you get your low contaminated vit. C now?

Regina

EEEE!!!! I mean C!!! (i.e., looking forward to it).

InChristAlone

This lady healed from horrible allergies, anorexia and panic attacks with high dose vitamin C but she was using so much that she eventually got a bad batch from somewhere and got sick, then she tried to source her own and this was the best she came up with: Vitamin C as ascorbic acid 16 oz.
So yes vitamin C is still contaminated, but just not sure if its as big of a deal as Peat is saying it is. I have been using 4 g a day now for a month. I didn't get sick when my whole family was sick and my energy gets better and better, on zero thyroid or caffeine.
15723380_10154212780140098_1525394764283620786_o.jpg
Supposedly this is from the manufacturer:
""Based on the quality policy of "Following pharmacopoeia, pursuing excellence", the Company is strictly managed in accordance with the standard of GMP, forming a strict quality control system. The Company also passed the Certification of ISO9002 international Quality System. In 2002,2003,2004, and 2005,the company passed the GMP certificate for Ascorbic Acid deep-processing workshop and passed the Certification of ISO14000, OHSAS18000 ,HACCP and IP management systems. In June 16 2006,the company obtained CEP Certification issued by the EDQM. Weisheng Pharma.is the first Ascorbic Acid manufacturer approved by EDQM in China. In December 2008,the company successfully passed Germany GMP site inspection, and we also achieved progressive results for FDA Certification.
In its development for many years, CSPC Weisheng Pharmaceutical (Shijiazhuang) Co.,Ltd. has adhered to the business idea of "All of fine medicine, All for mankind’s health" and formed its advanced business culture of "Justness, kindheartedness, diligence and altruism." Under the guidance of this culture and under the concerns of friends in all circles, CSPC Weisheng Pharmaceutical (Shijiazhuang) Co.,Ltd. has developed at very fast speed and is striding forward towards the new brilliant goal! In the future, we sincerely hope to continuously unite and cooperate with colleagues in all circles to attain mutual benefit and a win-win situation and common development. Let's untiringly pursue for human health cause!"

Last edited:

jyb

I'd be interested in those results...

Travis

His articles on CVD are second to none.

If you want to hear the truth, he is the one to read.

Travis

I just ran into a Pineapple sale. They were $.99 apiece. I bought 13 of them.

Wont see me getting coronary heart disease.

Travis

Don't be fooled by popularity. Linus Pauling has the best theory, but it is simply unprofitable for the medical establishment.

He was brilliant. Read his Nature of the Chemical Bond. He used a partial Schrodinger equations to create hybrid chemical orbitals that fully explained bond geometry.

He bridged the gap between quantum physics and chemistry and his ideas are still canonical in chemistry and physics.

But the medical field is not primarily concerned with truth. They care much more about profit.

I am serious.

Read Pauling's article here: The nature of the chemical bond. Application of results obtained from the quantum mechanics and from a theory of paramagnetic susceptibility to the structure of molecules.

And this one here is good and about one million times easier to read: A Unified Theory of Human Cardiovascular Disease Leading the Way to the Abolition of This Disease as a Cause for Human Mortality

InChristAlone

Are you getting benefits from such high doses? How does it compare to one or two grams per day?
More energy the more I take.

Won't that suppress your oxidation?
I wasn't aware of that, do you mean suppressing oxidative metabolism? If it does I don't know how I'd measure that.

Btw when I asked Peat about high dose C he suggested the only benefit is it being a laxative but it is not at those doses. My BT is 25g.

Agent207

Theres no need to overcomplicate things that much. Just go for non china source, like Quali-C from non gmo and made in the uk; its one of the "lesser bad" choices without becoming crazy about impurities. Then look for a liposomal format, so it'll be enough with just 1gr.

My 2c.

More energy the more I take.

I wasn't aware of that, do you mean suppressing oxidative metabolism? If it does I don't know how I'd measure that.

Btw when I asked Peat about high dose C he suggested the only benefit is it being a laxative but it is not at those doses. My BT is 25g.

Well it directly neutralizes methylene blue...

Queequeg

Beginning around 20:00

Ray talks a lot about the dangers of Vitamin C in this KMUD interview on Oxidation. He says that when under stress Vitamin C within the cell converts iron to its more dangerous oxidized state. In addition vitamin C gets converted by trace iron contaminants into a powerful oxidant.

He also says that dehydroascorbic acid, the oxidized form of Vitamin C, is prevalent in many different foods especially meat and dairy but is not measured or counted as Vitamin C because of it form. Ray says that most people are getting enough Vitamin C because of this.

Attachments

• kmud_121019_antioxidants.mp3
    10.4 MB · Views: 27

InChristAlone

Beginning around 20:00

Ray talks a lot about the dangers of Vitamin C in this KMUD interview on Oxidation. He says that when under stress Vitamin C within the cell converts iron to its more dangerous oxidized state. In addition vitamin C gets converted by trace iron contaminants into a powerful oxidant.

He also says that dehydroascorbic acid, the oxidized form of Vitamin C, is prevalent in many different foods especially meat and dairy but is not measured or counted as Vitamin C because of it form. Ray says that most people are getting enough Vitamin C because of this.
I don't get his caution on it when the two big promoters of vitamins Pauling and Hoffman used at least 2 g a day and lived a long life. But I guess I can't be surprised as Peat is cautious of everything that could possibly do damage.

Travis

Pauling argues that humans need much more. If you were to take the amount synthesized in the body by animals such as cats and dogs and extrapolate this onto humans who cannot make their' own, it is much more than what is commonly eaten except for some raw vegans perhaps.

Stay away from refined foods like rice and wheat and heat-treated foods. This way, you should get enough, or near enough. Ascorbate is heat-labile, so even pasteurized pineapple juice will have near zero ascorbate unless it is added afterwards.

I think he is correct, but a bane to the medical and food industries exactly for this reason.

Nobody can refute him. He was one of the most brilliant chemists in history. I adhere to his theory on cardiovascular disease 100%. I even did some fact-checking on lysine and lipoprotein A and it checks out. Theses two molecules do have a very high affinity for each other and bond 100% to each other when Lp(a) is passed through a chromatography column packed with lysine-doped media.

For those who haven't read that link, his theory on cardiovascular disease involves lipoprotein A bonding to lysine residues of collagen that hasn't been crosslinked. Citamin C is necessary to crosslink the collagen, this is beyond dispute. Pauling argues that lipoprotein A is actually a defense mechanism which plugs leaky vessels in the absence of vitamin c.

This helps explain why some carnivores cannot get atherosclerosis; they all biosynthesise their own vitamin C endogenously.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals