Lose Fat Not Pounds & Seeing Is Believing (before & after pics)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
For further updates on the recipes at raymendeat.com I can be found on Instagram @raymendeat

Peater

Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]
What a great idea, well done for going ahead with it!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
1707242166181.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Rinse, watermelon is treating you well? For some reason I used to get panic attacks after several days of eating lots of watermelon. But perhaps I needed salt, magnesium, or calcium. Since I’m consuming those in higher degrees now, maybe watermelon will no longer give me panic attacks. It always digested very smoothly.
“Plantains are very proinflammatory, with a high serotonin content; commercial orange juice, especially if it doesn’t separate when standing for a few hours, can produce bowel irritation by supporting bacterial growth because of the suspended modified fiber, and watermelons that aren’t perfectly ripe have enough starch to cause problems, though very ripe watermelon is safe.” -Ray Peat, PhD

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
@Rinse & rePeat

Would you consider doing recipes with simple, cheap ingredients for those of us that find it harder to avoid good food? For example game meats, venison, lean pork etc...?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat

Would you consider doing recipes with simple, cheap ingredients for those of us that find it harder to avoid good food? For example game meats, venison, lean pork etc...?
Oh stop that, you know I am not going to use pork! All, kind of, kidding aside, I have been using cheaper cuts lately, like lamb neck recently for carnitas, and shanks more lately. Is that cheap? I am just cooking for one nowadays so I don’t need expensive for myself. I just posted these carnitas tacos and how I made the lamb neck just above it on page 17 of my “Peaty Proteins” thread below. So that neck got me dinner and bone broth. Liver is really cheap and I posted liver tacos too recently in my “Peating For One” thread. Where have you been, I even posted this one using hot dogs! See, I am a woman of the people!

1707539896694.png

1707540276141.jpeg

1707540041182.jpeg

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Oh stop that, you know I am not going to use pork! All, kind of, kidding aside, I have been using cheaper cuts lately, like lamb neck recently for carnitas, and shanks more lately. Is that cheap? I am just cooking for one nowadays so I don’t need expensive for myself. I just posted these carnitas tacos and how I made the lamb neck just above it on page 17 of my “Peaty Proteins” thread below. So that neck got me dinner and bone broth. Liver is really cheap and I posted liver tacos too recently in my “Peating For One” thread. Where have you been, I even posted this one using hot dogs! See, I am a woman of the people!

View attachment 61322

View attachment 61324

View attachment 61323

I must have not been paying attention. I've been on the hunt for good food to help with my attention problems for a long time. Those things seem really good actually, My family has been saying red meat is expensive but I might ask a butcher soon to see if I can get cheaper cuts. I've been eating pork and making myself feel awful thinking anything else would be too much to buy.

This post made me smile. Maybe theres hope in the madness after all..

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I must have not been paying attention. Those things seem really good actually, My family has been saying red meat is expensive but I might ask a butcher soon to see if I can get cheaper cuts. I've been eating pork and making myself feel awful thinking anything else would be too much to buy.
Don’t do that eating just to feel awful. I will keep focusing on cheaper cuts, for you and myself. I have been liking wings because I can boil out the PUFA and broil them, the gelatinous broth I get from them I chill and skim the fat off of the top and with that I get a healthy head start on a second meal. I posted lots of different ways I make wings in this thread of mine below…

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Don’t do that eating just to feel awful. I will keep focusing on cheaper cuts, for you and myself. I have been liking wings because I can boil out the PUFA and broil them, the gelatinous broth I get from them I chill and skim the fat off of the top and with that I get a healthy head start on a second meal. I posted lots of different ways I make wings in this thread of mine below…

This forum is beautiful. This is the sort of food my parents and grandparents would have eaten. My family doesn't think pork is a problem but I think it would have been different when they kept their own pigs and just fed them potatoes and byproducts from a local dairy.

I know my grandfather never really ate much pork. Back then they kept cows and lambs. He even used to cook lamb brains with eggs.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
This forum is beautiful. This is the sort of food my parents and grandparents would have eaten. My family doesn't think pork is a problem but I think it would have been different when they kept their own pigs and just fed them potatoes and byproducts from a local dairy.

I know my grandfather never really ate much pork. Back then they kept cows and lambs.
Eating the food our grandparents did is the Ray Peat inspired diet. I am trying to make old fashioned food quick to make and cheap often now too. Funny because the cheaper cuts are the healthy cuts, with all the collagen. I can’t believe how cheap liver is, considering in other cultures it was the prized part of the animal. I found some already portioned out and it was so mild! I usually make tacos with it, but bacon and onions would sure be good on top. All we need to do is halfway fry the bacon, dump off the grease and add in some refined coconut oil to finish frying it. I do a lot with ground beef too…

1707544716487.jpeg

1707544874665.jpeg

1707544902438.jpeg

1707544941471.jpeg

1707545083873.jpeg

Last edited:

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Eating the food our grandparents did is the Ray Peat inspired diet. I am trying to make old fashioned food quick to make and cheap often now too. Funny because the cheaper cuts are the healthy cuts, with all the collagen. I can’t believe how cheap liver is, considering in other cultures it was the prized part of the animal. I found some already portioned out and it was so mild! I usually make tacos with it, but bacon and onions would sure be good on top. All we need to do is halfway fry the bacon, dump of the grease and add some refined coconut oil to finish frying it. I do a lot with ground beef too…

View attachment 61325
View attachment 61326
View attachment 61327
View attachment 61328
View attachment 61329
These recipes motivate me. I can't eat liver as it makes my attention problems worse but I might try tacos with kidneys actually. I've ordered some at a local shop along with corn tortillas. Bacon, kidney and onion tacos. Now that doesn't sound too bad. Real food to start healing.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
These recipes motivate me. I can't eat liver as it makes my attention problems worse but I might try tacos with kidneys actually. I've ordered some at a local shop along with corn tortillas. Bacon, kidney and onion tacos. Now that doesn't sound too bad. Real food to start healing.
Bacon fried like Ray Prat in tacos does sound good! When I make my liver tacos, I cut it up tiny like carne asada and fry it in beef fat that I have frozen, from browning ground beef or from short ribs or making beef bone broth. When my liver meat is nearly done I put in a lot of dried cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and salt. It is that simple. I am anxious to hear how your kidney tacos turn out!

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Bacon fried like Ray Prat in tacos does sound good! When I make my liver tacos, I cut it up tiny like carne asada and fry it in beef fat that I have frozen, from browning ground beef or from short ribs or making beef bone broth. When my liver meat is nearly done I put in a lot of dried cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and salt. It is that simple. I am anxious to hear how your kidney tacos turn out!
I haven't cooked anything in ages. I've just been eating raw meat and a bit of dairy and some potatoes if I had the energy to cook them.

I was shocked when I tried my peaty cereal with raw milk 2 days ago. Even though its grain fed milk I realised I probably have NEVER had real nutritious food. 18 years of not eating anything 'real'. I think if my mother had not been a farm child I'd be dead by now.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I haven't cooked anything in ages. I've just been eating raw meat and a bit of dairy and some potatoes if I had the energy to cook them.

I was shocked when I tried my peaty cereal with raw milk 2 days ago. Even though its grain fed milk I realised I probably have NEVER had real nutritious food. 18 years of not eating anything 'real'. I think if my mother had not been a farm child I'd be dead by now.
I am sorry to hear you struggle so, and am glad you are making some good first steps now for better. I had years of struggling with my health and never dreamed I could be so healthy as I am now. I should have been dead before twelve from my mother taking DES when she was pregnant with me. I also had carbon monoxide poisoning in my teens and went unconscious, with my body flopping around from seizures.The coast guard had to rescue me. You are young so your body will heal, I am proof of that.

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
I don't know. My parents are immigrants so they always had to work hard etc... I don't know why they would move from Eastern europe to a western country and abandon a farm and countryside lifestyle.... My mother always thought meat was unhealthy and tried to get me to eat meals devoid of any real energy... Just vegetables and stuff. I even remember hating PUFA as a child as it would make my sinuses swell up but I was told I was making things up. I would have a BBQ with my dad regularly but it was always supermarket meat thats devoid of any real life force. Or really fatty pork.

My grandfathers were blacksmiths and all my uncles etc are all really strong and tall and I'm sat here 5'4. Something is really off with the world for people born after the year 2000 it seems. The lack of awareness people in my generation have scares me. I've been fatigued since a toddler. I remember having no energy to even put toys away.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I don't know. My parents are immigrants so they always had to work hard etc... I don't know why they would move from Eastern europe to a western country and abandon a farm and countryside lifestyle.... My mother always thought meat was unhealthy and tried to get me to eat meals devoid of any real energy... Just vegetables and stuff. I even remember hating PUFA as a child as it would make my sinuses swell up but I was told I was making things up. I would have a BBQ with my dad regularly but it was always supermarket meat thats devoid of any real life force. Or really fatty pork.

My grandfathers were blacksmiths and all my uncles etc are all really strong and tall and I'm sat here 5'4. Something is really off with the world for people born after the year 2000 it seems. The lack of awareness people in my generation have scares me. I've been fatigued since a toddler. I remember having no energy to even put toys away.
Oh gosh those last two sentences had my heart hurting for you. Just wow. I am so relieved to know you have some drive in you to make caring for yourself more important, than it has been. Are you an only child?

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Oh gosh those last two sentences had my heart hurting for you. Just wow. I am so relieved to know you have some drive in you to make caring for yourself more important, than it has been. Are you an only child?
Yes. An only child. Born prematurely too. But I don't think I suffered permanent brain damage from it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals