Low cortisol

Thanks. Any idea on how to taper the current dose? Can I cut the tablets?
Also someone one another thread mentioned that they wouldn’t do T3 bc it strongly lowers cortisol. What do you think of that? Obviously you don’t agree in this situation right?
Thanks for you help!
Yeah, cutting them in quarters should work, although Ray once said that because the thyroid may not be evenly distributed in the tablet it should be pulverised, and then a fraction of it taken by weight.

Now, if you start tapering by stopping a quarter of your dose, you would take a quarter of the total substitutive T3 dose throughout the day . So 25*(1/4)= 6.2 mcg spread throughout the day. Once you continue the taper and only take half the armour dose, you take 12.5 mcg throughout the dayl and so on.

As for the cortisol suppression of T3, it has a lowering effect in hypercortisolemia, but I don't think that it always lowers cortisol, it has a normalizing effect on the organism. T3 is a worthwhile therapeutic intervention, and the best way to know if it works is to try it. If it turns out that it does not work, you can taper off it and try other approaches.

OP
L

LazloC

Yeah, cutting them in quarters should work, although Ray once said that because the thyroid may not be evenly distributed in the tablet it should be pulverised, and then a fraction of it taken by weight.

Now, if you start tapering by stopping a quarter of your dose, you would take a quarter of the total substitutive T3 dose throughout the day . So 25*(1/4)= 6.2 mcg spread throughout the day. Once you continue the taper and only take half the armour dose, you take 12.5 mcg throughout the dayl and so on.

As for the cortisol suppression of T3, it has a lowering effect in hypercortisolemia, but I don't think that it always lowers cortisol, it has a normalizing effect on the organism. T3 is a worthwhile therapeutic intervention, and the best way to know if it works is to try it. If it turns out that it does not work, you can taper off it and try other approaches.
Perfect. I’ll give it a try. Thanks

OP
L

LazloC

Can you explain why t3 alone may work better than t4/t3 combo? Is it because then reverse t3 can’t form as intermediary? Just trying to understand.

OP
L

LazloC

Can you explain why t3 alone may work better than t4/t3 combo? Is it because then reverse t3 can’t form as intermediary? Just trying to understand.

Can you say how long you should taper each quarter of armour down typically?

T4 can be anti-metabolic in stressed individuals. T4 alone added to brain slices actually reduces their oxygen consumption. Not only can T4 be converted to reverse T3, which is a functional T3 antagonist, but it can also just not get converted at all. The conversion of T4 to T3 relies on the liver being in a high energy state. If the liver is over-burdened with estrogen, or if it has insufficient glycogen, the T4 will not get converted. That is why T3 is a more direct way to asses whether thyroid therapy is adequate for a person.

Can you say how long you should taper each quarter of armour down typically?
I think a week should be enough. Two weeks would be ideal, but if you are having symptoms that can be responsive to T3 you can speed it up and taper down one quarter a week. Remember that it is very important to spread T3 throughout the day, and to have some just before bed.

OP
L

LazloC

T4 can be anti-metabolic in stressed individuals. T4 alone added to brain slices actually reduces their oxygen consumption. Not only can T4 be converted to reverse T3, which is a functional T3 antagonist, but it can also just not get converted at all. The conversion of T4 to T3 relies on the liver being in a high energy state. If the liver is over-burdened with estrogen, or if it has insufficient glycogen, the T4 will not get converted. That is why T3 is a more direct way to asses whether thyroid therapy is adequate for a person.

I think a week should be enough. Two weeks would be ideal, but if you are having symptoms that can be responsive to T3 you can speed it up and taper down one quarter a week. Remember that it is very important to spread T3 throughout the day, and to have some just before bed.
Thank you! How many times a day would you do the T3? Is it going to be hard to get that exact dose of T3 with the drops?

OP
L

LazloC

How would you recommend using the T3 in 6 mcg and 12 mcg doses as I taper down on the Armour since the Tyronene drops are 8 mcg each? Especially if I would just do one drop a day minimum and you said to spread it throughout the day. Thank you for your help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals