Low-fat diets and testosterone in men: Systematic review and meta-analysis of intervention studies

Sefton10

My experience is the amount of protein your body can assimilate has more to do with its buffering capacity. Lower metabolism has a lowered capacity to retain and produce bicarbonates to buffer the acidity produced from animal protein consumption. I can somewhat negate the effects of higher protein consumption with fresh squeezed lemon juice combined with baking soda, but it’s much easier currently for me if overall protein is kept low. Hopefully as my thyroid function improves so will my buffering capacity.
How's it going, @Nebula - Are you still on the low end with protein?

abady

no idea why people still go with 1% milk low-fat cheese or low-fat foods in general, it makes no sense at all. i just feel so bad when i go on a low fat diet or a low carb diet or high protein. the best macros that worked for me are high carb moderate fat low protein this is GOLD the best macros IMO.

Nebula

How's it going, @Nebula - Are you still on the low end with protein?
Lowish, I eat a few eggs and cups of milk per day now. I did a very low fat, lower protein diet for about 4 months. Mostly rice, potatoes and low fat fish and beef. Basically lost all fat off my body probably to an unhealthy level. I’m feeling pretty good right now on mostly raw cream, milk and egg yolks, honey, juice. I think I got rid of a lot of endotoxin and biofilm going very low fat and taking some antifungal substances like undecanoic acid. I think eating low fat for a few months was beneficial for me, but right now my body is definitely appreciating a lot of high quality dairy fat, mostly raw cream I buy directly from a small family farm.

Nebula

no idea why people still go with 1% milk low-fat cheese or low-fat foods in general, it makes no sense at all. i just feel so bad when i go on a low fat diet or a low carb diet or high protein. the best macros that worked for me are high carb moderate fat low protein this is GOLD the best macros IMO.
That’s what I’ve ended up on for now actually. I didn’t feel great doing this before maybe because I went too low carb and the quality of my fats wasn’t great.

B

BRBsavinWorld

Same. I’ve tried every version of low fat for weight loss, since discovering Peat, but I feel best on high sugar/fat.

shanny

Forum Supporter
Same. I’ve tried every version of low fat for weight loss, since discovering Peat, but I feel best on high sugar/fat.
Has the high sugar/high fat helped you maintain your weight better than the low fat did? Or you just feel better in general?

GreekDemiGod

Has the high sugar/high fat helped you maintain your weight better than the low fat did? Or you just feel better in general?
Also interested in this. My experience has showed that combining sugar / fructose with saturated fat is potently fattening. Unless you track / restrict your calories, high sugar and high SFA will make most people fat and cause fatty liver.
On Low Fat, I am leaning down super fast.

shanny

Forum Supporter
Also interested in this. My experience has showed that combining sugar / fructose with saturated fat is potently fattening. Unless you track / restrict your calories, high sugar and high SFA will make most people fat and cause fatty liver.
On Low Fat, I am leaning down super fast.
Yes! Like a bear ready for hibernation. All I want to do is sleep, eat some more, sleep and wear sweatpants for the expanding waist-line.

All joking aside, the low fat giving you better energy, too?

shanny

Forum Supporter
65c 20f 15p.
Still adjusting, I’d like to drop my fat intake even lower.
I've been naturally lowering my protein lately as well, and feeling much "lighter" and more energetic. It was interesting in a recent interview with Dr. Peat that he has dropped his protein and is aiming for 50 grams a day and noted he felt livelier. I'm interested how you'd feel if lowering fat even more. I'll stay tuned for the results! :)

B

BRBsavinWorld

well. I was trying to lose it, since I found Peat. But, I was also feeling crazy and low energy whenever I'd try low fat. When I'd give up and reincorporate fat to satiation, I'd gain some weight. About 6 months ago, I finally relented and disregarded getting fat, I need the steroid genesis, from dietary fat, more. I did gain about 209 lbs. I tried low fat to lose some weight again, didn't have much success, and about 3 weeks ago started eating all I wanted again, with no weight gain this time. I theorize that I actually needed to slowly build up the enzymatic action in the liver, as well as improving thyroid, to addequately metabolize all the fat I crave.

Studies show that white people have a harder time with fat creation from glucose, and that seems to match my experience.

I listened to Jay Feldman's advice on weight loss (he's a Peat advocate), and he basically explained how you want to only work on fixing hormones with diet, and not worry about weight loss, then, in time, you're body will naturally lose weight when your cortisol and estrogen is under control and you're generating adequate steroids.

So, after a few weeks on this, when I have super peaceful days, with some leisurely walks every few hours (no excessive sitting/standing/labor/emotional stress, I do notice the following morning I've lost some weight. I lost 4 lbs in a week, lets see if it keeps going, cuz I can't afford to try low fat again, lol.

shanny

Forum Supporter
Studies show that white people have a harder time with fat creation from glucose, and that seems to match my experience.
Meaning they store fat as fat, sparing glucose? Or that the pathway for lipogenesis is not efficient using glucose? That's interesting!

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like you've started to find your sweet spot, and good on you for listening to what your body wanted!

B

BRBsavinWorld

Meaning they store fat as fat, sparing glucose? Or that the pathway for lipogenesis is not efficient using glucose? That's interesting!
The latter, lipogenesis is not efficient.

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like you've started to find your sweet spot, and good on you for listening to what your body wanted!
Hey thanks :) experience yet again trumps a theory, heheh.

Oh dang there’s a bad typo in there, I did not gain 209 lbs, but 20 lbs LOL

shanny

Forum Supporter
The latter, lipogenesis is not efficient.

Hey thanks :) experience yet again trumps a theory, heheh.

Oh dang there’s a bad typo in there, I did not gain 209 lbs, but 20 lbs LOL
Yeah, 209 lbs might be a record on the forum!
That's interesting about being inefficient at turning glucose to fat. Did it have any other info? Like what pathway it tends to end up in?

B

BRBsavinWorld

Yeah, 209 lbs might be a record on the forum!
That's interesting about being inefficient at turning glucose to fat. Did it have any other info? Like what pathway it tends to end up in?
I never really looked to deeply into it, other than seeing studies on long term low sat fat in white men considerably lowering their steroids, and finally admitting that that’s what’s happening to me every time I try it.

I noticed i had to tightly regulate my sugar consumption to roughly 1:1 ratio of sugar:protein, because too much sugar would elevate serotonin, which is something Peat has discussed, as well.

shanny

Forum Supporter
I never really looked to deeply into it, other than seeing studies on long term low sat fat in white men considerably lowering their steroids, and finally admitting that that’s what’s happening to me every time I try it.

I noticed i had to tightly regulate my sugar consumption to roughly 1:1 ratio of sugar:protein, because too much sugar would elevate serotonin, which is something Peat has discussed, as well.
Kind of makes sense I guess. The whiter we are, then our ancestry is from more northern latitudes where fat is much more abundant than fruit!

FrenchKiwi

Can you give an idea of what you eat in a day? I am trying to reduce my protein but I have to be mindful of calories or else I gain fat. I am very short female so I don't have the need for a lot of calories but I have a very large appetite that protein hasn't gotten rid of

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals