Magnesium Bicarbonate

Frankdee20

Wish this stuff would taste better. Lol.

I use the 4gram Mag Hydroxide to 1L Seltzer ratio. Sometimes I'll go a little under 4 grams to ensure proper mixture incase Seltzer isn't well carbonated.

Can’t I just guzzle some MOM and chase it with seltzer ? Or does this reaction not occur in my belly ?

meatbag

Can’t I just guzzle some MOM and chase it with seltzer ? Or does this reaction not occur in my belly ?
I think its a slow rate and needs to be cool in the fridge or freezer. Don't wanna blow your guts out man :toiletclawhaha

meatbag

I use the 4gram Mag Hydroxide to 1L Seltzer ratio. Sometimes I'll go a little under 4 grams to ensure proper mixture incase Seltzer isn't well carbonated.

Yeah that's 1667mg Magnesium, I can't even get less than 3tablespoon M.O.M.~3600mg MgOH2, 1500mg Mg , to dissolve in one liter seltzer. I'm gonna play around with it and see if I can get a better ratio

Last edited:

TripleOG

Yeah that's 1667mg Magnesium, I can't even get less than 3tablespoon M.O.M.~3600mg MgOH2, 1500mg Mg , to dissolve in one liter seltzer. I'm gonna play around with it and see if I can get a better ratio

Sometimes I have to do the "shake for 30 seconds followed by 30min refrigeration" three or four times before everything mixes well. Any more and it lets me know I used too much powder.

meatbag

Sometimes I have to do the "shake for 30 seconds followed by 30min refrigeration" three or four times before everything mixes well. Any more and it lets me know I used too much powder.

Uggg that sounds like a lot of work....there has to be a better way :emoji_thinking:

TripleOG

Uggg that sounds like a lot of work....there has to be a better way :emoji_thinking:

Huh?

All I do is weigh the powder, mix, shake, walk away, and try to remember re-shaking later in the day. The time between shakes isn't exact lol. I'll make a new batch when I have 1-2 servings left so I don't have to be meticulous with the process. Using a 2L bottle (same ratios) helps cut down repetitiveness.

meatbag

Huh?

All I do is weigh the powder, mix, shake, walk away, and try to remember re-shaking later in the day. The time between shakes isn't exact lol. I'll make a new batch when I have 1-2 servings left so I don't have to be meticulous with the process. Using a 2L bottle (same ratios) helps cut down repetitiveness.

Ohh ya with a 2 Liter bottle that makes sense. I just wanna shake it and when I come back after a hard day on the railroad it's ready to go

tara

Can someone give me a simple ratio using 30 ml of MOM, supplying 2400 mg as hydroxide, to seltzer water ? I can’t do exploding liter bottles
Are you ok with imploding ones?
If you have powder left at the bottom later on you put in too much Mg hydroxide or didn't shake enough or cool enough.

Frankdee20

Are you ok with imploding ones?
If you have powder left at the bottom later on you put in too much Mg hydroxide or didn't shake enough or cool enough.

Can I just use ammonium nitrate ? Lol

cyclops

Want to clarify: is 3 tablespoons of magnesium hydroxide a reasonable amount to add to a 1 liter bottle of seltzer? And that would make 1500mg of magnesium bicarbonate per bottle?

What's a good estimate for a daily amount of magnesium bicarbonate be for most people?

cyclops

3 tablespoons of magnesium hydroxide is def not right. Have to measure out 4 grams next time.

Dave Clark

Okay I must be making this wrong, it keps messing up my stomach... I am just putting 45 mL, 3 tablespoons, into 1 Liter of Carbonated Seltzer Water and then then shaking and putting in the fridge for an hour.

Anyone got any pro-tips???:artist: I am trying a new batch with only 1 tablsepoon/Liter, so 500mg Mg+/Liter rather than 1500mg, hopefully that doesn't bother me and it absorbs. I'm assuming I'm getting too much Mghydroxide left over and that is causing the bad effects
Remember that this is a concentrate, once it is done you need to dilute it down. I'm not where I have my info, but I believe, don't quote me, that 330 ml of concentrate woud be added to a gallon of purified water to my drinkable alkaline water.

Glassy

It tastes better if you use less MgOH, I have a feeling what you are tasting is dissolved MgOH (it’s obviously not very soluble but it must be a little). If you put in just enough to react completely but not so much that the bottle caves in you should just have magnesium bicarbonate and even the concentrated mix just tastes like strong mineral water. Try 3.5g of MgOH

vulture

Tried this to get magnessium bicarbonate:

Seems to work pretty well: water seems pretty clear after two shakes
Strange thing I notice (drinking it up to 30 ml per 250 ml of water) is that I have a strange sensation that water "tastes" better, like thicker, but it's subtle and I'm not sure why.
Haven't noticed something relevant supplementing with it, yet. No digestive issues so far.

Dave Clark

When I use the 330 ml concentrate to a gallon of the final drinkable water, and I measure the Ph, I get about 9 Ph. For me, I don't want to drink that high of a Ph water since I don't want to inhibit digestion. I use half the amount of concentrate/gallon, and when I measured the PH it came out close to 7 Ph. I like that better, but the compromise is that the amount of magnesium isn't as much in the water, however, I can drink it whenever I want and don't have to work it around meals, etc. Plus, I also use other Mg supplements in my regimen.

Glassy

When I use the 330 ml concentrate to a gallon of the final drinkable water, and I measure the Ph, I get about 9 Ph. For me, I don't want to drink that high of a Ph water since I don't want to inhibit digestion. I use half the amount of concentrate/gallon, and when I measured the PH it came out close to 7 Ph. I like that better, but the compromise is that the amount of magnesium isn't as much in the water, however, I can drink it whenever I want and don't have to work it around meals, etc. Plus, I also use other Mg supplements in my regimen.

It tastes a hell of a lot better with some carbonation left in too (ie all MgOH has been reacted).

vulture

Tried this to get magnessium bicarbonate:

Seems to work pretty well: water seems pretty clear after two shakes
Strange thing I notice (drinking it up to 30 ml per 250 ml of water) is that I have a strange sensation that water "tastes" better, like thicker, but it's subtle and I'm not sure why.
Haven't noticed something relevant supplementing with it, yet. No digestive issues so far.

Hi again
I've being drinking this formula without diarrhea or any negatives. How could we measure Mg levels in this? Is the Magnessium hydroxide amount in mg in milk of magnesia added the same available Magnessium in the final liquid?
I would like to know how much magnesium I'm getting drinking this...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals