Mechanism behind allergy symptoms when eating fruit? (especially in estrogen dominance)

Elie

Forum Supporter
Anyone knows why some estrogen-dominant individuals (Have seen this only in women so far) experience itching after eating fruit / sweeteners, but not after eating starch?

Truth

Anyone knows why some estrogen-dominant individuals (Have seen this only in women so far) experience itching after eating fruit / sweeteners, but not after eating starch?
Hi,

from my experience it may simply indicate that these fruits are not ripe enough and/or a sub-optimal variety for her, and potentially her reactions are more obvious and notifiable than others, even if these fruits would affect us all negatively to some degree, in a more or less subtle way, like feeling a degree of stoicism too high and a lower degree of well being

It could also indicate that these specific fruits, regardless of variety and degree of ripening, potentially contain other sub-optimal elements that have been induced on them, I've experienced consistent leg scratching when eating non-organic bananas, which I don't experience with organic bananas

What sweeteners do you have in mind?

Last edited:
Fruit is high in histamines, especially dried fruit, starches are not.

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
Fruit is high in histamines, especially dried fruit, starches are not.
One my clients can't do oats, millet, but tolerates rice. She tolerates apricots and grapes, as well.
others don't tolerate sucrose, honey and maple syrup.
All things that have no or low histamine. So I am not sure that's the issue.
What seems to be common to all is estrogen dominance.

One my clients can't do oats, millet, but tolerates rice. She tolerates apricots and grapes, as well.
others don't tolerate sucrose, honey and maple syrup.
All things that have no or low histamine. So I am not sure that's the issue.
What seems to be common to all is estrogen dominance.
We need to get @Mauritio here for an answer to this. He impressed me in another thread.

Mauritio

It migth just be that the estrogen makes them more sensitive and allergenic to everything. It's for a reason that the vast majority of autoimmune cases are women.

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
It migth just be that the estrogen makes them more sensitive and allergenic to everything. It's for a reason that the vast majority of autoimmune cases are women.
Allergic to fructose?

Mauritio

Bliss

For me there is a link between eating high FODMAP foods (which includes many fruits and oats and honey) and seasonal allergies, so it seems to be some microbiome-involving histamine response. My symptoms are also tightly correlated to the high estrogen times of the cycle. When I cut out all FODMAPs (plus take colostrum and MSM and glycine) I will be mostly symptom free, except for those high estrogen days. I can eat FODMAPs without problems in the winter- I don’t have IBS.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals