Methylene Blue (MB) Reverses Fatty Liver Disease

supercoolguy

I cant wait to use it for 30yrs of Tinnitus. Powder or liquid hummm. Best time to consume to knock out NO?

FredSonoma

Will using methylene blue topically still have the same benefits for the liver? Or do I need to eat it?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
FredSonoma said:
post 108191 Will using methylene blue topically still have the same benefits for the liver? Or do I need to eat it?

The study used oral administration. But topically, as a quasi-quinone, MB absorbs rather well. It just may take longer to fully absorb. But it will absorb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsifal

haidut said:
Haidut, do you think that caffeine in high doses will have the same benefits as thyroid (Bohr effect)? I'm wondering if trying high doses will help me with my ADHD/anhedonia.

Regarding methylene blue I've read that it can increase serotonin a lot? Would like to give it a try for the fatty liver though and increasing metabolism...

Parsifal

haidut said:
Well, if mitochondria is uncoupled you produce a lot more heat and less ATP, so naturally you'd sweat a lot. High adrenaline can also make you sweat but it also makes your hands/feet cold, while uncoupling should make you hot all over. Uncoupling should always cause sweating, even with good metabolism, since the body needs to cool off somehow and sweating is the natural way to do it. I guess mild uncoupling is preferable unless you are trying to lose weight, since too much heat and not enough ATP can leave you exhausted. Just ask anybody who has used DNP for weight loss - they feel drained at the end.
How to be sure to produce enough ATP? I tend to have muscle spasms so I believe that I need more ATP. Does thyroid uncouple as well? Because it helps to relieve the spasms.

Oh by the way, the first time I drank coffee 2 or 3 months ago after reading Peat I felt really strong effects, I had almost no ADHD anymore, felt really playful and euphoric (I am anhedonic most of the time) and had so much energy that I could not sleep but now I am drinking more coffee than in the beginning and am feeling almost nothing from it...

I have body deformities like cubitus valgus and Ray told me this was used to diagnose big hypothyroidism before and I'm trying to reverse that condition so I was wondering if high caffeine would have the same effect as it seems almost impossible to get good thyroid supplement here in France.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Steveig84

haidut said:
RPDiciple said:
post 97901 Haidut: how much sugar or meal of sugar/protein do you need to have for each 600mg dose to not get a stress reaction'?

I take it with a glass or orange juice and not much else. I avoid high protein meals with caffeine since it can increase ammonia.

Hmmm... the high protein and caffeine sounds like something i need to look into! What would be considered a high protein meal? or is that dependent on the person? Could excess ammonia cause frothy urine after said meal plus caffine?

im going to experiment with high carb/high pro/low fat away from my caffine (strong coffee)
and high carb/med high fat/low pro with caffine

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Steveig84 said:
post 116490
haidut said:
RPDiciple said:
post 97901 Haidut: how much sugar or meal of sugar/protein do you need to have for each 600mg dose to not get a stress reaction'?

I take it with a glass or orange juice and not much else. I avoid high protein meals with caffeine since it can increase ammonia.

Hmmm... the high protein and caffeine sounds like something i need to look into! What would be considered a high protein meal? or is that dependent on the person? Could excess ammonia cause frothy urine after said meal plus caffine?

im going to experiment with high carb/high pro/low fat away from my caffine (strong coffee)

Depends on the person and how much carbs are ingested as well. It also depends on how well you utilize the protein. Ammonia does not really make urine frothy. Ray says it is excessive stress hormones that make urine frothy, and proteinuria can make it frothy too.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

Steveig84

haidut said:
post 116747
Steveig84 said:
post 116490
haidut said:
RPDiciple said:

Depends on the person and how much carbs are ingested as well. It also depends on how well you utilize the protein. Ammonia does not really make urine frothy. Ray says it is excessive stress hormones that make urine frothy, and proteinuria can make it frothy too.

Thanks im playing my protein intake which seems to be to high for me right now, need more carbs by the looks of things!

ziton

haidut, just to get an idea of what you're referring to since values seem to vary, and the lab I use reports results for ferritin in this peculiar way

<15 ug/L-deficient
15-49 ug/L-probably deficient
50-100 ug/L-possibly deficient
>100 ug/L-deficiency unlikely
>600 ug/L-possible overload

what do you consider 'low normal'? To get a clear picture of iron, besides ferritin, what would you suggest besides the three you mentioned (ferritin, transferrin, ceruloplasmin)? TIA

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut, just to get an idea of what you're referring to since values seem to vary, and the lab I use reports results for ferritin in this peculiar way

<15 ug/L-deficient
15-49 ug/L-probably deficient
50-100 ug/L-possibly deficient
>100 ug/L-deficiency unlikely
>600 ug/L-possible overload

what do you consider 'low normal'? To get a clear picture of iron, besides ferritin, what would you suggest besides the three you mentioned (ferritin, transferrin, ceruloplasmin)? TIA

Why are you asking questions about ferritin and iron in a thread about MB and liver?

ziton

haidut, sorry if it's the wrong thread, but I asked it here as you had mentioned earlier in this thread when replying to dd99 about his comment to you: "And if you avoid coffee around high protein meals, what do you do to inhibit iron absorption with red meat?" and you replied "... My iron is in the lower range of normal to start with (indicated by ferritin, transferrin, ceruloplasmin, etc) so I don't really need to control it that much. ..." so I thought it wasn't out of place.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut, sorry if it's the wrong thread, but I asked it here as you had mentioned earlier in this thread when replying to dd99 about his comment to you: "And if you avoid coffee around high protein meals, what do you do to inhibit iron absorption with red meat?" and you replied "... My iron is in the lower range of normal to start with (indicated by ferritin, transferrin, ceruloplasmin, etc) so I don't really need to control it that much. ..." so I thought it wasn't out of place.

I think ferritin needs to be combined with iron saturation index in order to be interpreted correctly. The optimal ferritin is probably in the 50 - 100 range, which is listed as "possibly deficient" in your lab chart, combined with iron saturation below 25% but above 20%. That's just my opinion based on Peat's recommendations and labs I have seen from other people. In general, ferritin above 150 is often enough to bring about insulin resistance and even liver issues in some cases.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals