Methylfolate round 2

P

PointOutside

I always saw the whole MTHFR thing as a fad, I believe peat does the same. Anyways, a year ago I found out I was homozygous for C677T. Took L-Methyfate (and B12) and felt incredible, focused, the usual methylfolate response for those it works on.

But like a lot of other peoples experience, I ended up crashing not too long after it began. But the feeling that Methylfolate gave me is not comparable to anything else I've taken. It was a very potent vitamin for me in terms of psychological and physical effects. Physical effects include huge changes to the way my face looks, like it's hard to describe. I normally look sickly pale, and after a while of being on Methylfolate my face looks like it's been rested for the first time. It gives me a natural orange-ish tint to my skin.

Now lately, I've been pretty good at keeping up on key B vitamins. Thiamine HCl was very effective for me in increasing my body temperature and somehow my libido too. Made me a bit better but not fully 'back to normal' so to speak. Calcium supplementation made me even a bit better, still not there yet. Weekly activated charcoal further improves me, like by a lot, but again still not 100%. Then there's Methylfolate , which makes me feel like I don't have a single problem with my body... before that dreaded crash. I believe now that I've focused on all of my electrolytes and other crucial vitamin cofactors, it seems like things are better with Methylfolate.

Two weeks ago I decided to take some Methylfolate after not taking it for over a year in an incredibly low dose of 100mcg, similar amazing feelings in the beginning, except I still haven’t crashed yet. It seems to have sort of stabalized at this point. I know starting Methfylfolate ramps up potassium usage and I feel like now that I consistently go over the RDA by a bit I'm preventing the crash. I have yet to introduce B12 that I originally took with it, and to be honest I probably won't until I get some negative effects.

I also noticed lower doses feels dopaminergic while higher doses make me feel restless and lower dopamine. I did actually try to go to 400-1000mcg like the first time around last week and I just wasn't ready for it. It seems like you have to start very, very low and slowly work your way up. Does anyone have experience with anything methylfolate? Low dose and other supporting nutrients are the answer?

side note: I saw the Chris Masterjohn riboflavin is the answer video. I’ve always taken riboflavin and while it benefitted me, there’s something unique about folate for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nighteyes

I have personally switched to Folinic acid and it feels way more stable. Good effects all around. Mainly mood boost and energy. I dont know too much about MTHFR though, but it’s something to try if you can’t get methylfolte to work :):

OP
P

PointOutside

I have personally switched to Folinic acid and it feels way more stable. Good effects all around. Mainly mood boost and energy. I dont know too much about MTHFR though, but it’s something to try if you can’t get methylfolte to work :):
How would you describe the difference in your experience between the two?

Nighteyes

How would you describe the difference in your experience between the two?
Better mental stability/social stamina on folinic, whereas methyl folate made me feel wired. combining with multi B only made it worse.. Something about folinic acid really switches on the brain. Gives me really satisfying dreams where I feel “resolved” in the morning. To be fair methylfolate helped my dreams/sleep as well. Did not keep experimenting with methyl folate, as it made me feel off in general. I dont think taking and balancing the b vitamins is simple at all really..

shine

Better mental stability/social stamina on folinic, whereas methyl folate made me feel wired. combining with multi B only made it worse.. Something about folinic acid really switches on the brain. Gives me really satisfying dreams where I feel “resolved” in the morning. To be fair methylfolate helped my dreams/sleep as well. Did not keep experimenting with methyl folate, as it made me feel off in general. I dont think taking and balancing the b vitamins is simple at all really..

How much do you take and when?

OP
P

PointOutside

I'm gonna switch to folinic for the day and see what happened

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I always saw the whole MTHFR thing as a fad, I believe peat does the same. Anyways, a year ago I found out I was homozygous for C677T. Took L-Methyfate (and B12) and felt incredible, focused, the usual methylfolate response for those it works on.

But like a lot of other peoples experience, I ended up crashing not too long after it began. But the feeling that Methylfolate gave me is not comparable to anything else I've taken. It was a very potent vitamin for me in terms of psychological and physical effects. Physical effects include huge changes to the way my face looks, like it's hard to describe. I normally look sickly pale, and after a while of being on Methylfolate my face looks like it's been rested for the first time. It gives me a natural orange-ish tint to my skin.

Now lately, I've been pretty good at keeping up on key B vitamins. Thiamine HCl was very effective for me in increasing my body temperature and somehow my libido too. Made me a bit better but not fully 'back to normal' so to speak. Calcium supplementation made me even a bit better, still not there yet. Weekly activated charcoal further improves me, like by a lot, but again still not 100%. Then there's Methylfolate , which makes me feel like I don't have a single problem with my body... before that dreaded crash. I believe now that I've focused on all of my electrolytes and other crucial vitamin cofactors, it seems like things are better with Methylfolate.

Two weeks ago I decided to take some Methylfolate after not taking it for over a year in an incredibly low dose of 100mcg, similar amazing feelings in the beginning, except I still haven’t crashed yet. It seems to have sort of stabalized at this point. I know starting Methfylfolate ramps up potassium usage and I feel like now that I consistently go over the RDA by a bit I'm preventing the crash. I have yet to introduce B12 that I originally took with it, and to be honest I probably won't until I get some negative effects.

I also noticed lower doses feels dopaminergic while higher doses make me feel restless and lower dopamine. I did actually try to go to 400-1000mcg like the first time around last week and I just wasn't ready for it. It seems like you have to start very, very low and slowly work your way up. Does anyone have experience with anything methylfolate? Low dose and other supporting nutrients are the answer?

side note: I saw the Chris Masterjohn riboflavin is the answer video. I’ve always taken riboflavin and while it benefitted me, there’s something unique about folate for me.
Pointoutside,
Where is the Chris Masterjohn "riboflavin is the answer video"? I cannot find one called that.
Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals