Mom accidentally took 30 pills of 50mg of pregnenolone & has bad side effects

Ttomasg

Forum Supporter
my mom is 45 years old and is in good shape and likes to take supplements, i had ordered a bottle of pregnenolone to just have an nibble dabble into it every once in a while, low dosage.

well, i went to Texas for a few months and left the bottle at my house, where my mom lives.

i recently came back and she was talking about how she thinks she went into menopause and how she was experiencing very severe symptoms like heal flashes to where she felt like she was gonna die, she couldn’t go to sleep, she would make up in the middle of the night, her period didn’t come this month, also she said her skin & vagina got very very dry, something that only happened once she started taking the pills.

i chalked it up to her going through menopause too… until she told me she had taken the entire bottle of the pregnenolone, she said once she stopped. she felt better & the symptoms went away, what i want to know is, how badly did she screw herself up? and is it repairable?

i feel so guilty for it, i don’t want to be the reason she goes into menopause earlier or if she ****88 up her hormones. is there anything she can do to help alleviate this?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Ttomasg, did she take the pregnenolone pills over the couple of months time period that you were gone? Sorry I couldn’t tell from the post exactly how she took it. From the title I thought she might have taken 30 pills all at once but no one takes 30 pills that way accidentally. Your description does sound like she’s entering menopause which can come on suddenly and be distressing.
She could start with some dhea to see if it helps for better balance. The Idealabs product Cortinon has both progesterone and dhea and several women here have found it helpful especially when applied vaginally. Pregnenolone alone might have pushed her in the direction of progesterone dominance. Her circulating estrogen is lowering so in the early stages dhea might be enough to bump it back up to a level that’s more comfortable. There are rapid shifts that happen during menopause that require us as women really take good and of ourselves. She should be prepared for the possibility of further changes over the next several years. Some go through it easily but some ladies struggle. We have really done a poor job in general helping women function their best during this transition.

it will go away. It will be fine in a day or so. Just effects of estrogen release into the blood.

OP
T

Ttomasg

Forum Supporter
@Ttomasg, did she take the pregnenolone pills over the couple of months time period that you were gone? Sorry I couldn’t tell from the post exactly how she took it. From the title I thought she might have taken 30 pills all at once but no one takes 30 pills that way accidentally. Your description does sound like she’s entering menopause which can come on suddenly and be distressing.
She could start with some dhea to see if it helps for better balance. The Idealabs product Cortinon has both progesterone and dhea and several women here have found it helpful especially when applied vaginally. Pregnenolone alone might have pushed her in the direction of progesterone dominance. Her circulating estrogen is lowering so in the early stages dhea might be enough to bump it back up to a level that’s more comfortable. There are rapid shifts that happen during menopause that require us as women really take good and of ourselves. She should be prepared for the possibility of further changes over the next several years. Some go through it easily but some ladies struggle. We have really done a poor job in general helping women function their best during this transition.
she took em over a course of a month and a half or so. 50mg a day.

her mother entered menopause around the same age.

she seems to be taking it very well, the fact she’s going through menopause and she’s accepted it, but i just feel bad because im the reason that she might go through it earlier than she would’ve gone through it.

i will try to get her certain things that will help her through it these times. you said the product that idealabs has is good, i also ordered progesterone- e product that you rub on the gums because i’ve heard is good for women and their hormones. but i don’t just plant on giving it to her without doing research

i’ll also look into dhea, how much do you think she should take to aid in what she’s going through right now?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
she took em over a course of a month and a half or so. 50mg a day.

her mother entered menopause around the same age.

she seems to be taking it very well, the fact she’s going through menopause and she’s accepted it, but i just feel bad because im the reason that she might go through it earlier than she would’ve gone through it.

i will try to get her certain things that will help her through it these times. you said the product that idealabs has is good, i also ordered progesterone- e product that you rub on the gums because i’ve heard is good for women and their hormones. but i don’t just plant on giving it to her without doing research

i’ll also look into dhea, how much do you think she should take to aid in what she’s going through right now?
You shouldn’t feel bad. I don’t think pregnenolone sent her into menopause. I’m glad she’s taking it well nonetheless.
We had a lady here (LadyRae) about her age that used 12.5mg before bed with good results. I personally find 25mg optimal to help keep my estrogen right above the menopause cutoff level. She will just need to experiment with the dose to find what works best for her body. I highly recommend cortinon vaginally though because if the dryness persists it can lead to tissue weakness in that area.

Aspekt

That's not all that much pregnenelone, it could be both menopause and some residual pregnenelone effects, but I doubt the pregnenelone did anything major.If her mother went into menopause at the same age the simplest explanation is just that it was just due time. It's probably safest to avoid taking any further hormones, unless you're working carefully under supervision. The risk/benefit of tinkering with hormones apart from progest/preg doesn't seem too worth it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals