Must Read, Killing Cancer Cells Using Electric Potential, DMSO, Methylene Blue

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I can try to change it later tonight to include avoiding pufa if you'd like?
That would be nice, but I don't think it fits I tried something similar as well! I wanted to include DMSO and methylene blue too, because they're Peaty-ish..

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That would be nice, but I don't think it fits I tried something similar as well! I wanted to include DMSO and methylene blue too, because they're Peaty-ish..
Alright, sounds good.

Travis

Hey all. So I came across this autodidact called Ted from Bangkok...

This is interesting, as I had read about this a few weeks ago:

'The potassium blocks glucose metabolism since cancer needs sodium for glucose uptake. Remember, the major source of food for cancer cells is the sugar (either from glucose for normal respiration or the fructose corn syrup for their cancer metastasis).' ―Ted (from Bangkok)

The same observation had been stated in this article:

Yang, Ming. "Membrane potential and cancer progression." Frontiers in Physiology (2013)

'Artificially altering Vm by modulating the extracellular ionic constitution or applying the Na⁺/K⁺-ATPase inhibitor ouabain revealed interesting results: First, hyperpolarizing CHO cells to −45 mV started to induce mitotic arrest and cell division was fully blocked at −75 mV. The cell cycle was resumed by depolarizing the cells to −10 mV (Cone, 1971). Secondly, quiescent (G₀) mature chick spinal cord neurons showed mitotic activity after depolarization (Cone and Cone, 1976).' ―Yang

This appears to be a very consistent and predictable effect, and could be one of the most fundamental common denominators common to all cancer cells.

I do have some apple cider vinegar (two brands, but Bragg's always tastes the best), baking soda, kale, spinach, cabbage, and whole coconuts to make salads yet am running low on salt. Perhaps this is a good thing, but the leaves do probably have enough potassium to effectively counterbalance any reasonable amount of sodium added. Since I don't eat salt on anything else, I had started to think that this habit was more-or-less harmless. Despite this minor salt consumption, I still consume a higher K⁺∶Na⁺ ratio than most people on this planet; probably only animals, people supplementing with potassium, and very strict raw vegans consume a higher one.

(I forgot to buy green onions, and I am somewhat bothered by this.)

But I am starting to reconsider salt in general. I had initially assumed that any amount should be avoided based on what animals eat, but then had considered the fact that only humans drink large amounts of fluids throughout the day (i.e. water, coffee)—thus artificially-increasing sodium losses.

I agree with Ted about fruit juice, or just about any liquid sugar. Although sucrose-containing soda and fruit juice have the preferred 1∶1 glucose-to-fructose ratio, they have no fiber and are more quickly absorbed. Although eating fruit may seem to be just as sweet, a good amount remains associated with the cellulose & fructan matrix—essentially a more time-released dose of sugar. The preferred foods given to cancer patients of William Koch and Max Gerson had been fruit; and when fruit juice had been used it had been fibrous, non-clarified, fresh, and the dose had been strictly monitored. No doubt pounding clarified fruit juice will feed cancer nearly as well as Coca-Cola™, yet eating an isocaloric amount of whole fruit results in lower blood sugar concentrations—maintained for longer—and provides less of a insulin spike.

There are also many glycosides in whole fruit: terpenes, flavones, and phenylacetonitrile are often linked to fruit sugars through ether bonds. Some of these appear to have an inhibitory effect on cancer cells, such as amygdalin, which could be even more important in vivo since they assimilate glucose at an enhanced rate.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

Alright, sounds good.
Maybe simply changing it to:

Ted From Bangkok's Treatment Killing Cancer Cells Using Their Electricity, DMSO, methylene Blue

Would be a good idea. And replacing the Red disclaimer in the beginning of the post with something like "Ted happens to recommend avoiding PUFA too saying that it's bad for the liver and overall health!" feel free to fill in what sounds best for that. If you agree, ofcourse, thank you for the offer. :D

This is interesting, as I had read about this a few weeks ago:
'The potassium blocks glucose metabolism since cancer needs sodium for glucose uptake. Remember, the major source of food for cancer cells is the sugar (either from glucose for normal respiration or the fructose corn syrup for their cancer metastasis).' ―Ted (from Bangkok)

The same observation had been stated in this article:

Yang, Ming. "Membrane potential and cancer progression." Frontiers in Physiology (2013)
'Artificially altering Vm by modulating the extracellular ionic constitution or applying the Na⁺/K⁺-ATPase inhibitor ouabain revealed interesting results: First, hyperpolarizing CHO cells to −45 mV started to induce mitotic arrest and cell division was fully blocked at −75 mV. The cell cycle was resumed by depolarizing the cells to −10 mV (Cone, 1971). Secondly, quiescent (G₀) mature chick spinal cord neurons showed mitotic activity after depolarization (Cone and Cone, 1976).' ―Yang

This appears to be a very consistent and predictable effect, and could be one of the most fundamental common denominators common to all cancer cells.

I do have some apple cider vinegar (two brands, but Bragg's always tastes the best), baking soda, kale, spinach, cabbage, and whole coconuts to make salads yet am running low on salt. Perhaps this is a good thing, but the leaves do probably have enough potassium to effectively counterbalance any reasonable amount of sodium added. Since I don't eat salt on anything else, I had started to think that this habit was more-or-less harmless. Despite this minor salt consumption, I still consume a higher K⁺∶Na⁺ ratio than most people on this planet; probably only animals, people supplementing with potassium, and very strict raw vegans consume a higher one.

But I am starting to reconsider salt in general. I had initially assumed that any amount should be avoided based on what animals eat, but then had considered the fact that only humans drink large amounts of fluids throughout the day (i.e. water, coffee)—thus artificially-increasing sodium losses.

I agree with Ted about fruit juice, or just about any liquid sugar. Although sucrose-containing soda and fruit juice have the preferred 1∶1 glucose-to-fructose ratio, they have no fiber and are more quickly absorbed. Although eating fruit may seem to be just as sweet, a good amount remains associated with the cellulose & fructan matrix—essentially a time-release dose of sugar. The preferred foods given to cancer patients of William Koch and Max Gerson had been fruit; and when fruit juice had been used it had been fibrous, non-clarified, fresh, and the dose had been strictly monitored. No doubt pounding clarified fruit juice will feed cancer nearly as well as Coca-Cola™, but eating whole fruit leads to a lower blood sugar concentration—and maintained for longer—and provides less of a insulin spike.

There are also many glycosides in whole fruit: terpenes, flavones, and phenylacetonitrile are often linked to fruit sugars through ether bonds. Some of these appear to have an inhibitory effect on cancer cells, especially since they assimilate glucose at an enhanced rate.
Wow, I am amazed at changing the voltage of a cancer cell to block cell division being a consistent effect, if true. Wouldn't it aggravate the tumor however and make it more aggressive if it is possible to block/kill cancer cells through voltage or other related means? Ray Peat wrote about it. This would seem to me as very relevant for any quick-cancer killing measure, because you could awaken the bear..

Is there a scientific basis for Ted's claim that cancer metastasizes when blood sugar goes past a certain level that you know of off the top of your head? I would be amazed if there was. It would make the perspective on the disease progress much different.

Last edited:

Travis

Maybe simply changing it to:

Ted From Bangkok's Treatment Killing Cancer Cells Using Their Electricity, DMSO, methylene Blue

Would be a good idea. And replacing the Red disclaimer in the beginning of the post with something like "Ted happens to recommend avoiding PUFA too saying that it's bad for the liver and overall health!" feel free to fill in what sounds best for that.

Wow, I am amazed at changing the voltage of a cancer cell to block cell division being a consistent effect, if true. Wouldn't it aggravate the tumor however and make it more aggressive if it is possible to kill cancer cells through voltage or other related means? Is it true however that cancer always prefers fat over glucose and can survive without glucose basically? And would it feed on saturated fat?

Cancer should be inhibited by stearic acid; it decreases membrane fluidity, glucose flux, and hence the mitosis rate.

Early 1940s studies by Mellanby et al. had implicated fat in general in cancer, yet more elaborate studies starting in the 1960s had shown otherwise. Due mostly to the advent of improved chromatographic techniques and mass spectrometry, the exact fatty acid compositions of oils & fats had been determined and studies had conducted with this in mind. After dozens of rat feeding studies conducted in the '60s and '70, the only fatty acid consistently proven carcinogenic—with no exception—had been linoleic acid (and very likely γ-linolenic acid, yet this is far less prevalent in food). This is ostensibly on account of them being proto-prostaglandins of the more detrimental 2-series, yet could also have something to do with leukotriene B₄.

Conversely, the only fatty acid consistently shown protective against cancer has been stearic acid. Although the shorter-chained saturated fatty acids are great sources of energy, only stearic acid is long enough to be incorporated in the sn-2 position of cell membrane acylgylcerols. The sn-2 position is more-or-less reserved for arachidonic acid, linoleic acid, dihomo-γ-linolenic acid, and ideally Mead acid. Palmitic and myristic acids normally occupy the sn-1 position of cell membrane acylgylcerols.

However: the most antifungal fatty acids are carpric (10∶0), lauric (12∶0), and acetic acids (2∶0). Although acetic acid is too short and water-soluble to really be considered 'fatty,' it is a saturated alkyl straight-chain monocarboxylic acid just like the rest (it is actually listed as such in some places, although this designation is disputable). The antifungal nature of acetic acid does not derive on account of it being a 'weak acid,' as has been suggested in the past, because it has been determined that acetate is just as effective (a pH-independent effect, just as seen with lauric acid). This is enigmatic: although acetate could be exerting its effects as a potassium ionophore—as Ted from Bangkok suggests—I cannot think of any plausible explanation why laurate (12∶0) and caprate (10∶0) are more effective than palmitate (14∶0) and caprylate (8∶0).

Since individual fatty acids have unique effects on living systems, all oils and fats cannot be treated equally from a health standpoint. Chocolate is high in stearic acid, and is perhaps the only luxury food that protects against cancer (well . . . perhaps something can be said about consommé, but Wiltshire bacon and cave-aged fungal cheeses probably not so much.)

Last edited:

Obi-wan

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.1033.3113&rep=rep1&type=pdf is a very interesting read. Very technical.

"Membrane potential (Vm), the voltage across the plasma membrane, arises because of the presence of different ion channels/transporters with specific ion selectivity and permeability. Vm is a key biophysical signal in non-excitable cells, modulating important cellular activities, such as proliferation and differentiation. Therefore, the multiplicities of various ion channels/transporters expressed on different cells are finely tuned in order to regulate the Vm. It is well-established that cancer cells possess distinct bioelectrical properties. Notably, electrophysiological analyses in many cancer cell types have revealed a depolarized Vm that favors cell proliferation. Ion channels/transporters control cell volume and migration, and emerging data also suggest that the level of Vm has functional roles in cancer cell migration. In addition, hyperpolarization is necessary for stem cell differentiation. For example, both osteogenesis and adipogenesis are hindered in human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs) under depolarizing conditions. Therefore, in the context of cancer, membrane depolarization might be important for the emergence and maintenance of cancer stem cells (CSCs), giving rise to sustained tumor growth. This review aims to provide a broad understanding of the Vm as a bioelectrical signal in cancer cells by examining several key types of ion channels that contribute to its regulation. The mechanisms by which Vm regulates cancer cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation will be discussed. In the long term, Vm might be a valuable clinical marker for tumor detection with prognostic value, and could even be artificially modified in order to inhibit tumor growth and metastasis."

"The presence of various ion channels and transporters at the plasma membrane provides different permeability to distinct ions, such as Na+,K +, Ca 2+, and Cl −. Due to the unequal distribution of these ions, a voltage difference exists between the cytoplasm and the extracellular environment, which is known as the membrane potential (Vm). Vm is expressed relative to the extracellular environment. A cell is depolarized when the Vm is relatively less negative, whereas a hyperpolarized cell possesses a more negative Vm. Vm changes because of alterations in the conductance of one or more types of ion"

CANCER CELLS POSSESS DEPOLARIZED Vm

THIS says it all! We want a hyperpolarized cell which ACV (potassium acetate) and Baking soda will give. Now add a little Methylene Blue to the picture...-200 to -300 mVolts…

And then their is this "The second point and perhaps the most important point is DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) turns cancer cells into normal cells. The mechanism is fairly straightforward. Basically DMSO can enter cancer cells, but the DMSO takes WATER OUT from the cells and reduces their sodium content. When this is done, the cells are no longer waterlogged and normal respiration proceeds. Hence cells are no longer fermentative."

A loud cry to @haidut for a potassium acetate DMSO supplement...

I think I just summarized the title of this thread...Booyah!

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.1033.3113&rep=rep1&type=pdf is a very interesting read. Very technical.

"Membrane potential (Vm), the voltage across the plasma membrane, arises because of the presence of different ion channels/transporters with specific ion selectivity and permeability. Vm is a key biophysical signal in non-excitable cells, modulating important cellular activities, such as proliferation and differentiation. Therefore, the multiplicities of various ion channels/transporters expressed on different cells are finely tuned in order to regulate the Vm. It is well-established that cancer cells possess distinct bioelectrical properties. Notably, electrophysiological analyses in many cancer cell types have revealed a depolarized Vm that favors cell proliferation. Ion channels/transporters control cell volume and migration, and emerging data also suggest that the level of Vm has functional roles in cancer cell migration. In addition, hyperpolarization is necessary for stem cell differentiation. For example, both osteogenesis and adipogenesis are hindered in human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs) under depolarizing conditions. Therefore, in the context of cancer, membrane depolarization might be important for the emergence and maintenance of cancer stem cells (CSCs), giving rise to sustained tumor growth. This review aims to provide a broad understanding of the Vm as a bioelectrical signal in cancer cells by examining several key types of ion channels that contribute to its regulation. The mechanisms by which Vm regulates cancer cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation will be discussed. In the long term, Vm might be a valuable clinical marker for tumor detection with prognostic value, and could even be artificially modified in order to inhibit tumor growth and metastasis."

"The presence of various ion channels and transporters at the plasma membrane provides different permeability to distinct ions, such as Na+,K +, Ca 2+, and Cl −. Due to the unequal distribution of these ions, a voltage difference exists between the cytoplasm and the extracellular environment, which is known as the membrane potential (Vm). Vm is expressed relative to the extracellular environment. A cell is depolarized when the Vm is relatively less negative, whereas a hyperpolarized cell possesses a more negative Vm. Vm changes because of alterations in the conductance of one or more types of ion"

CANCER CELLS POSSESS DEPOLARIZED Vm

THIS says it all! We want a hyperpolarized cell which ACV (potassium acetate) and Baking soda will give. Now add a little Methylene Blue to the picture...-200 to -300 mVolts…

And then their is this "The second point and perhaps the most important point is DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) turns cancer cells into normal cells. The mechanism is fairly straightforward. Basically DMSO can enter cancer cells, but the DMSO takes WATER OUT from the cells and reduces their sodium content. When this is done, the cells are no longer waterlogged and normal respiration proceeds. Hence cells are no longer fermentative."

A loud cry to @haidut for a potassium acetate DMSO supplement...

I think I just summarized the title of this thread...Booyah!
Thank you! :thumbsup:

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Quick note, Sodium bicarbonate gets dissolved into hydrochloric acid in the stomach according to this source named ''The Herbalist'' and doesn't work to alkalize the blood when taken orally:

How can we be sure this doesn't go for other compounds like potassium ascorbate or potassium acetate? (that it doesn't reach the blood in its composition because it gets dissolved in the stomach into other substances)

Inaut

@TreasureVibe hveragerthi is actually my favourite herbalist on the net! stop reading my mind please. @Obi-wan did you teach him/her this ability. whats going on

ps. hveragerthi recommended pau d'arco and chaparral for the treatment of various cancer. add another point to the Pau'er

Obi-wan

Sodium bicarbonate does not get dissolved into hydrochloric acid in the stomach. It reacts...

Per Wikipedia;

Sodium bicarbonate mixed with water can be used as an antacid to treat acid indigestion and heartburn.[27] Its reaction with stomach acid produces salt, water, and carbon dioxide:

Sodium bicarbonate reacts with acetic acid (found in vinegar), producing sodium acetate, water, and carbon dioxide:

NaHCO3 + CH3COOH → CH3COONa + H2O + CO2(g)

Blood PH is highly controlled by your body and any deviation on PH will cause death.

IMO sodium bicarbonate creates carbon dioxide which eliminates lactate buildup. That's why you are stronger and have more energy in the gym with less soreness afterward. Cancer cells will build a lactate forcefield around itself which carbon dioxide will remove allowing potassium (ACV) into the cell and creating a hyperpolarized cell. Start doing the ACV/BS combo between meals and see how you feel. I just went out and mowed the lawn like it was nothing. You will become the energizer bunny...Remember fermentation causes NADh buildup which causes Pyruvate buildup which causes Lactic acid build up. Normal respiration creates carbon dioxide which does not occur with fermentation. So cancer cells are like the death star with a lactic acid forcefield...once you get rid of the forcefield and change the electrical potential nutrients will flow in like water flows from high to low. You have now changed the terrain of the cancer cell. Somatids no longer pleomorph into their pathogenic end organism which is fungus that loves an alkaline environment...and fermentation...

Last edited:

Travis

I haven't been able to find a curve for acetate vs proliferation in cancer cells, but I did find this:

Proll, P. J. "Dissociation constants of some inorganic acetates in anhydrous acetic acid." Transactions of the Faraday Society (1961)

'By studying the effect of the acetates of sodium, lithium, potassium, ammonium, rubidium, caesium, strontium, barium, magnesium, manganous and plumbous acetates on the visible absorption spectrum of cobaltous acetate in anhydrous acetic acid, the relative dissociation constants and the relative heats of dissociation of these acetates have been found. The dissociation constants have been evaluated in terms of the dissociation constant of sodium acetate determined by other workers who used a potentiometric method. The values found at 25°C are, assuming KD(NaOAc) = 2.63 × 10⁻⁷ M (ref. (3)):' ―Proll

acetate.png

He gives the dissociation constant of sodium acetate in the text, and from this data one can plainly see that potassium acetate has the second-smallest dissociation constant among monocationic ions—right behind ammonium acetate. [The dissociation constants for acetates of the dications Sr²⁺, Pb²⁺, Ba²⁺, Mg²⁺, and Mn²⁺ cannot be immediately compared.] Since the dissociation constant of potassium acetate is smaller than that of lithium and more importantly sodium acetate, you must conclude that acetate is more of a potassium ionophore: Acetate has more affinity for potassium than it has for sodium, lithium, rubidium, and cesium.

In water at 25°C, potassium acetate will be formally found dissociated to the extent of:

KD = 1.2(10⁻⁷)·M = [K⁺][C₂O₂⁻] ÷ [potassium acetate]

For every mole of associated potassium acetate added to solution, the product concentration of the free species is defined as: .00000012·M².

[K⁺] × [C₂O₂⁻] = .00000012·M² or 1.2(10⁻⁷)·M²

And since the concentration of potassium must always equal that of acetate:

[X] × [X] = .00000012·M²

X² = .00000012·M²

√ ̅X² = √ ̅1.2(10⁻⁷)·M²

X = .000346·M

For every mole of associated potassium acetate per liter, there is a corresponding .000346·M of both free acetate and free potassium. The affinity of acetate towards K⁺ represents a higher value than it towards sodium, which corresponds to a free-Na⁺ concentration of .000513 moles per liter, and is also higher than all other Group 1A ions . . . besides perhaps francium (value not reported).

Smaller dissociation constants correspond to greater associations. Not only are associations and dissociations converse words, or semantic oppositions, they represent inverse mathematical relationships. A person could easy calculate the corresponding amounts of associated acetates—or that which hadn't dissolved—which is even more intuitive.

Conclusion: Ted appears to be correct about this. Although acetate has a higher affinity for ammonium, this ion certainly needs no help getting into the the cell. Ammonium has a greater electrophoretic mobility than potassium or sodium, which means that under my model: ammonium (NH₄⁺) would enter the cell quicker than K⁺ or Na⁺ due to the mitochondrial membrane potential (–180·mV) being higher than the plasma membrane potential (–60·mV). During capillary electrophoresis, it is always NH₄⁺ that elutes the fastest . . . followed by K⁺ and then Na⁺. These are fundamental properties within water, and ammonium always migrates faster towards a negative charge. I have seen no exception to this rule, and I find this the most straightforward and logical explanation for the differences between intra- and extra-cellular dispositions of K⁺ and Na⁺ (with no K⁺/Na⁺-ATPase unicorn pumps required, which need the help of magic wands for them to work).

Travis

Sodium bicarbonate does not get dissolved into hydrochloric acid in the stomach. It reacts...

Per Wikipedia;

Sodium bicarbonate mixed with water can be used as an antacid to treat acid indigestion and heartburn.[27] Its reaction with stomach acid produces salt, water, and carbon dioxide:

Sodium bicarbonate reacts with acetic acid (found in vinegar), producing sodium acetate, water, and carbon dioxide:

Blood PH is highly controlled by your body and any deviation on PH will cause death.

IMO sodium bicarbonate creates carbon dioxide which eliminates lactate buildup. That's why you are stronger and have more energy in the gym with less soreness afterward. Cancer cells will build a lactate forcefield around itself which carbon dioxide will remove allowing potassium (ACV) into the cell and creating a hyperpolarized cell. Start doing the ACV/BS combo between meals and see how you feel. I just went out and mowed the lawn like it was nothing. You will become the energizer bunny...Remember fermentation causes NADh buildup which causes Pyruvate buildup which causes Lactic acid build up. Normal respiration creates carbon dioxide which does not occur with fermentation. So cancer cells are like the death star with a lactic acid forcefield...once you get rid of the forcefield and change the electrical potential nutrients will flow in like water flows from high to low. You have now changed the terrain of the cancer cell. Somatids no longer pleomorph into their pathogenic end organism which is fungus that loves an alkaline environment...and fermentation...

Perhaps it would be better to mix apple cider vinegar with potassium carbonate, thus yielding potassium acetate . . .

I like apple cider vinegar not so much for the acetate, but because it has Acetobacter species of bacteria. These bacteria are a good probiotic; since Acetobacter aceti has an alcohol dehydrogenase enzyme it can detoxify the ethanol, tyrosol, and tryptophol produced by Candida albicans. These bacteria also have membrane polysaccharides that stimulate the neutrophils and natural killer cells needed for destroy pathogens, and of course they also inhibit pathogenic bacteria & yeast simply through competition.

But something can also be said about the acetate present, and when mixed with the laurate found in shredded coconut or goat cheese it should produce an effective Candidacidal salad—even without the green onions, shallots, garlic, etc.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

@TreasureVibe hveragerthi is actually my favourite herbalist on the net! stop reading my mind please. @Obi-wan did you teach him/her this ability. whats going on

ps. hveragerthi recommended pau d'arco and chaparral for the treatment of various cancer. add another point to the Pau'er

Cool, yeah he seems like a bright guy who has some knowledge you don't always find anywhere else, an original take on things like Dr. Peat has. I'm not sure if he's always right though but I'll just put him up here for reference and to see if the things we discuss are correct, by testing his knowledge with ours.

Oxygen consumption can regulate the growth of tumors, a new perspective on the Warburg effect.

PLoS One. 2009 Sep 15;4(9):e7033.
Chen Y(1), Cairns R, Papandreou I, Koong A, Denko NC.
(1)Division of Radiation and Cancer Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology,
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA.

BACKGROUND: The unique metabolism of tumors was described many years ago by Otto Warburg, who identified tumor cells with increased glycolysis and decreased mitochondrial activity. However, "aerobic glycolysis" generates fewer ATP per glucose molecule than mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation, so in terms of energy production, it is unclear how increasing a less efficient process provides tumors with a growth advantage.

METHODS/FINDINGS: We carried out a screen for loss of genetic elements in pancreatic tumor cells that accelerated their growth as tumors, and identified mitochondrial ribosomal protein L28 (MRPL28). Knockdown of MRPL28 in these cells decreased mitochondrial activity, and increased glycolysis, but paradoxically, decreased cellular growth in vitro. Following Warburg's observations, this mutation causes decreased mitochondrial function, compensatory increase in glycolysis and accelerated growth in vivo. Likewise, knockdown of either mitochondrial ribosomal protein L12 (MRPL12) or cytochrome oxidase had a similar effect. Conversely, expression of the mitochondrial uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) increased oxygen consumption and decreased tumor growth. Finally, treatment of tumor bearing animals with dichloroacetate (DCA) increased pyruvate consumption in the mitochondria, increased total oxygen consumption, increased tumor hypoxia and slowed tumor growth.

CONCLUSIONS: We interpret these findings to show that non-oncogenic genetic changes that alter mitochondrial metabolism can regulate tumor growth through modulation of the consumption of oxygen, which appears to be a rate limiting substrate for tumor proliferation.

Source: Oxygen Consumption Can Regulate the Growth of Tumors, a New Perspective on the Warburg Effect

Not sure if these effects had to do with the fact that dicholoracetate is an acetate...

Per Wikipedia;

Partial transcript of the interview on the acid-alkaline health hype with James Sloane, a guy who was 13 years in the medical field and gave up his license because he had enough of it, and started specializing in herbs.

James: You know basically, you know what people need to understand is that the body has various pH's there is not a singular pH in the body there's parts of the body that have to be acidic, stomach for example, the skin is actually slightly acidic, if the skin becomes too alkaline it actually becomes damaged. There's parts of the intestine that are slightly acidic and one of the roles of the acids in the body is to control pathogens because one of the big myths we hear alot is that the alkalinity kills pathogens acidity promotes it and it's actually just the opposite. You know like our skin we have flora on our skin that generate acids, those acids actually help to kill the flora. When we ingest bacteria in our food stomach acid kills the pathogens and so on and so forth. A good example of that is you can look at wild dogs, now they can eat meat that's rotting out there for 2, 3 weeks and they don't get sick despite all the bacteria. Dogs produce stomach acid I think it's something like 10 times higher than humans do. And it's that acid that kills the pathogens.

Another great example is candida. Candida actually thrives in an alkaline environment. And this is really simple to prove too. Because when women take an antibiotic, they end up with yeast infections. The reason for that is the antibiotics kill off the flora that generate the acids that control the candida. In an acidic environment the candida growth gene is actually turned off and kept in this benign, basically it's a yeast form. Because it's dimorphic uhm, (sic) microbe. It exists as a yeast and it exists as a fungus. When the environment becomes too alkaline such as someone taking antibiotics you kill off the flora the pH actually rises, that turns on the candida growth gene and it also turns it into this (or its) hyphal form or fungal form where the hyphae and the fungus actually allow it to dig into the tissues and cause tissue damage.

Another big myth that I always hear and in fact I've read this recently is I keep hearing cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment, total bogus. No it's not even true at all. In fact the internal pH of a cancer cell is more alkaline than a healthy cell. You can look up the studies on Medline and (unclear word) and show that the internal pH is more alkaline. And the reason for that is that the cancer cells do not generate lactic acid like is commonly told they actually generate lactate which is non-acidic. The acidity comes from the hydrogen protons and the cancer cells cannot tolerate the acidity so they export those hydrogen protons to the external matrix and that is what causes the acidity. So they're actually getting rid of the acidity to protect themselves. It's that alkalinity that allows them to survive and thrive. If people really wanna alkalinize all they really have to do is hyperventilate and that causes them to go very alkaline very quick because you're blowing off so much carbon dioxide that it actually will raise your pH and what happens when you hyperventilate you end up passing out. Well the reason for that is that you need the carbon dioxide or carbonic acid technically in order to maintain the blood vessels in an open state. When you go too alkaline it actually constricts the blood vessels causing a decrease of blood flow going to the brain so you end up passing out. And when you pass out you actually your respiration will slow down or stop temporarily and what that does is it builds back up the carbonic acid to dilate the blood vessels to restore blood flow back to the brain.

You can't really force your pH one way or the other, again that is a big myth.

Interviewer: The body adjusts itself.

James: Exactly the body is always going to adjust so you're just making the body work harder.

Interviewer: And this is something people really don't understand. This is really important. You think you can make your pH go up or down your body's automatically got itself's leveling systems built in, you can't really mess with your body that much. Right?

James: Right. Both acidosis and and alkalosis are both extremely, extremely rare conditions. Because the body has so many redundant systems to maintain its pH. What's interesting though is alkalinity is more dangerous than acidity because the body has less to deal with alkalinity than it does acidity. And either alkalinity or acidity can kill you. So alkalinity is actually considered more of a dangerous condition than acidity but again both of them are extremely rare you might see it in, if you drink antifreeze, you'll end up with acidosis if you've got COPD because of the hyperventilation you might end up with a little bit of acidosis or you might go into diabetic keto acidosis but those are some of the few rare cases that we actually see, cases of acidosis. Alkalosis is more in people overdoing alkaline stuff for one. Taking antacids with milk and cause milk-alkali syndrome which is extremely dangerous. So there are some conditions too where alkalosis presents as a major danger to the health.

Interviewer: This is an interesting thing that, people, they, this brings up that you might think of testing yourself with pH paper, I think what alot of people don't realize is that like they pee on paper and they see that they are, they're alkaline or they're acidic, and I keep trying to tell them that well what you're measuring is what the body is getting rid of. Right? So whatever it got rid of, you probably have the opposite inside you, if you have too much acid in you your body gets rid of alot of acid. So you measure it, it says you have acid but actually you're now more alkaline.

James: It gets a lot more complicated than that though, because your urinary pH and your salivary pH don't reflect your blood pH whatsoever, that's another one of the biggest myths 0ut there. Something as simple as thinking about a certain food will change your salivary pH.

Interviewer: Because it adjusts for...

James: Exactly, for whatever is going to be digesting.

I don't know if any of this is correct, and I haven't listened to the full interview yet so he might talk some more about the details of body pH and acids and alkalizing substances, and details around its influence on cancer, you will have to listen for yourself. I just added this so far because I thought it might help.

Full interview link

This is his website I think, with a forum where he posts himself too, I think. He is/was also active on the CureZone forum where he made posts.
MEDCAPSULES.COM

In a newer interview he advices to do more than one thing for cancer, and the first thing he would do for cancer is ozone, and he also names some herbs I haven't heard before for cancer, with their particular function in cancer. And anti-viral herbs as well. He also says that he estimates that most cancers are viral. Link for cancer interview. He also mentions that the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV virus) is a cause for prostate cancer, among more.

He once recommended mastic gum for H. Pylori, but didn't clearly mention the doses.. I took it and I took too much I think, and had itching all over my body all night. Another person on the internet said that she took mastic gum and had permanent damage to the stomach and kidneys.

So ofcourse, trust but verify!

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I don't know if any of this is correct, and I haven't listened to the full interview yet so he might talk some more of the details of body pH and acids and alkalizing substances, you will have to check for yourself. I just added this so far because I thought it might help.
It is correct from a medical perspective.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Actually James Sloane seems very knowledgeable on cancer, decribing in the following interview how cancer is parasitic-like in nature, as it even secretes angiogenesis inhibitors in small amounts to prevent other smaller metastasises to feed, so that the main tumor keeps all the food and oxygen supply going into it. That is why cancer comes back 2 to 3 years later after a tumor gets removed/dissapears, as the small metastasises don't get blocked by the angiogenesis inhibitor anymore and start to grow. He studied the cancer - shark link, and the reason sharks rarely get cancer is that their immune system is much stronger/bigger than that of humans. He also names chlorinic acid which he says is anti-tumor. Perhaps that is the link with the study I posted about dichloroacetate. He also says that Warburg wasn't right, that cancer can live without oxygen, so it is not anaerobic, it can take fuel from multiple sources. He also recommends ozone therapy as primary therapy for cancer. I think he or the interviewer recommend some things like probiotics which are not Peaty, though. He recommends keeping the immune system strong as a good measure for cancer too. Again he mentions that perhaps even 95% of the cancers are viral in origin if you study the studies according to him.

Full interview with these and more details:

Small excerpt from Ray Peat on cancer and pH:

00:50:24 >
to be niacinamide or the new niacinamide or nicotinamide 'riboside', which is just a variation on niacinamide. It's a lot more expensive, but if you have an allergic reaction to one, you can try the other. ANDREW MURRAY: OK so I just very quickly want you to remind listeners, the dose, and you mentioned specifically for cancers even, for B1 and you mentioned: two to three hundred milligrams in divided doses? RAY PEAT: Yeah, it's safe to take as much as 300mg RAY PEAT: during a day. ANDREW MURRAY: And again, what would the benefits of that be? RAY PEAT: Lowering lactic acid, stimulating the oxidation of it and so you produce more carbon dioxide and less lactic acid. That shifts away from inflammation. Lactic acid is keeping the cancer developing by creating an inflammation and disturbing the pH balance.

Source: Ray Peat

Last edited:

Obi-wan

It is correct from a medical perspective.

I agree 100%. Our bodies are on a ebb and tide PH roller coaster. As we eat during the day we become more acidic. Hydrochloric acid breaks down our food but this process also creates bicarbonate which the body stores. So we are most acidic at night. Our bodies will flush out this acid in our morning urine with the aid of the stored bicarbonate then as we eat this cycle repeats itself. The morning urine PH will vary depending what we eat. If we are vegan then expect to see a more alkaline PH. If we are big meat eaters then expect a more acidic PH. So why spend $10.00 on PH paper? Plus how much fun can it be to urinate on PH paper just to see it change color...

As I mentioned above bicarbonate mixes with hydrochloric acid to make carbon dioxide which a cancer cell cannot make. Carbon dioxide pierces the lactate barrier around a cancer cell and potassium acetate drives hyperpolarization.

So PH paper can check to see if you are overdoing it with bicarbonate. Mine has already spiked to a PH of 8 (dark purple) so I will back off and use less baking soda and more ACV in my mixture...

Plus as we get older our bodies tend to make less hydrochloric acid...then we start taking antacids...

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I agree 100%. Our bodies are on a ebb and tide PH roller coaster. As we eat during the day we become more acidic. Hydrochloric acid breaks down our food but this process also creates bicarbonate which the body stores. So we are most acidic at night. Our bodies will flush out this acid in our morning urine with the aid of the stored bicarbonate then as we eat this cycle repeats itself. The morning urine PH will vary depending what we eat. If we are vegan then expect to see a more alkaline PH. If we are big meat eaters then expect a more acidic PH. So why spend $10.00 on PH paper? Plus how much fun can it be to urinate on PH paper just to see it change color...

As I mentioned above bicarbonate mixes with hydrochloric acid to make carbon dioxide which a cancer cell cannot make. Carbon dioxide pierces the lactate barrier around a cancer cell and potassium acetate drives hyperpolarization.

So PH paper can check to see if you are overdoing it with bicarbonate. Mine has already spiked to a PH of 8 (dark purple) so I will back off and use less baking soda and more ACV in my mixture...

Plus as we get older our bodies tend to make less hydrochloric acid...then we start taking antacids...
You're awesome @Obi-wan!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals