crime
stress
paying bills and taxes
2 people shouting at each other in different languages
office jobs

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]johnwester130[/ref], Maybe instead of spamming the entire forum you could make one thread and continually update your list. Then, you can put a link in your signature to the list/lists. I think it would be much cleaner and still very viewable that way.

:hattip

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:
OP
SQu

SQu

When my pulse goes above 100, flushing, sweating - presumably due to adrenalin - sugar ( fruit juice, honey) does not lower it. Cheese and theanine help a bit. clonidine helps the most. I'll try today with salt just to confirm what I suspect :
on the whole, food isn't lowering my stress hormones. Why not?
It has taken me a long time to realize this.
It happens daily.
I'm taking less t3 because I also suspect the adrenalin response to t3 has been an issue all along since I started it 20 months ago.
Edit : energy slump happens most days too in spite of vigilance with enough protein, juice etc. During them, again, food does not help. Energy is just not getting through. Straight to fat stores.

answersfound

SQu said:
post 106770 When my pulse goes above 100, flushing, sweating - presumably due to adrenalin - sugar ( fruit juice, honey) does not lower it. Cheese and theanine help a bit. clonidine helps the most. I'll try today with salt just to confirm what I suspect :
on the whole, food isn't lowering my stress hormones. Why not?
It has taken me a long time to realize this.
It happens daily.
I'm taking less t3 because I also suspect the adrenalin response to t3 has been an issue all along since I started it 20 months ago.

Definitely a liver issue. Haidut posted a study where liver function was restored using 2 mg per kg if caffeine in 2 weeks, I believe. So maybe get some theanine caffeine combo pills and take those to clean out the liver. I think that will resolve your adrenaline issues, because your not storing glycogen.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
SQu

SQu

Thanks answersfound. Agree on liver. for some weeks been having 2 sometimes 3 strong cups of coffee which is an improvement in tolerance, and aiming for higher . In the past pills didn't agree with me. Theanine I'm taking daily too.

OP
SQu

SQu

Update: succeeding in raising caffeine tolerance, probably thanks to cypro 3 strong cups a day is now easy. Goes down better cold. Also now palatable with honey and fat free milk so I don't have to have the full fat condensed milk. Another success is 'lunch' - in truth more accurately the hobbits' 'second breakfast'. the third is the female doctor who turned out to be wonderful. She actually listened. Happy to prescribe progesterone. I can feel pms trying to get a hold but I can also feel I'm on top of it this time. Edit: correct about pms, period started 3 days later. Also temps 36.7 at their highest which seemed coolish to me especially considering it is often hotter outdoors right now. Fits with pms estrogen picture.
My short term goal of no adrenalin, slumps - going well on that. thanks for the tips, did I miss anything?
Edit - yes i did - broths! delighted by the potato broth ,having daily for a spell, no greens in it yet, that's next on my list.

Peata

SQu said:
post 108999 Update: succeeding in raising caffeine tolerance, probably thanks to cypro 3 strong cups a day is now easy. Goes down better cold. Also now palatable with honey and fat free milk so I don't have to have the full fat condensed milk. Another success is 'lunch' - in truth more accurately the hobbits' 'second breakfast'. the third is the female doctor who turned out to be wonderful. She actually listened. Happy to prescribe progesterone. I can feel pms trying to get a hold but I can also feel I'm on top of it this time. My short term goal of no adrenalin, slumps - going well on that. thanks for the tips, did I miss anything?
Edit - yes i did - broths! delighted by the potato broth ,having daily for a spell, no greens in it yet, that's next on my list.

That's wonderful to hear, Sue. Glad for your progress.

tara

SQu said:
post 108999 the third is the female doctor who turned out to be wonderful. She actually listened. Happy to prescribe progesterone.
:)

OP
SQu

SQu

In addition still not sleeping well, stuffy nose in spite of cypro heptadine. Tried bag breathing again for few days. Panicky within seconds. Puffy in the morning. Going to take more progesterone. Lowering fat in diet. Theanine, taurine, milk stop the anxiety I usually feel with low fat. Starting carrot salad again. More appealing now. Probably because of the teaspoon of coconut oil. Hope that doesn't sabotage attempts to keep fat low.
Edit - this was all pms, and next time I'll raise progesterone more.

OP
SQu

SQu

I mentioned unsuccessful experiments with more aspirin , cyproheptadine etc:
SQu said:
post 106437 Experiments: 6g aspirin - fail, led to migraine, felt bad mostly for the 4 days I tried. Usually aspirin really agrees with me. Haidut suggests liver enzymes rose. Gradually back to 1-2g, feels good.
12mg cyproheptadine - started to feel similar, stopped at about 6mg before I repeated the above. Back to about 4-5, 3 of which at night.
15mg biotin - stopped at 10, crashed my sugars fast. 1-2 a day feels good though.
BCAAs - 15g going great, calming after food.
Taking less T3 because adrenalin is getting worse. Can't always stop it with food. Clonidine 12-25ug helps. As does theanine.
Coffee tolerance up at the moment to 3 strong cups a day. Hopeful.
Added vitamin A. P5P. Revisiting bag breathing.
Following suggestions to increase lunch helps, and I will certainly keep this up, but slumps just come later in the day in spite of vigilance.
Aiming for no adrenalin days, with no slumps. Not there yet. But seems a reasonable goal to start with.

Update focusing on experiments going well: bcaas, more progesterone, more protein earlier in the day, and best of all, caffeine. Tried in pill/ sachet form again, feeling very well for reaching approx 600mg today. No stress symptoms, a little aching, nice steady energy and focus, noticeably less out of breath up stairs. Distinctly feel hungrier but I see this as sign of better health as loss of sense of hunger correlates with worse health for me. Milk, oj, honey etc satisfy this hunger. Lovely. This sachet has potassium, sodium and fructose too; and we'll see, so far so good.
Edit: haven't needed clonidine so much recently, suggesting no flushing (or else I can't tell them apart from the heatwave)

OP
SQu

SQu

Reminder to self: Don't forget progesterone. I mislaid mine for 2 days and started to feel a bad patch building. Mostly the flat energy and ache. It's mostly the tiredness. Restarted the progesterone and slept well and aching gone and mood better and energy better. Will check where I am in cycle but think I'm in the second half approaching period.

OP
SQu

SQu

Taking progesterone or I'm getting the estrogen bad patch (energy vanishes, mood drops) and either that or the theanine I'm pairing caffeine with is making me: 1 sleepy, and 2 stress proof. My mother is in icu and normally I'd be burning myself out on adrenalin but not this time. I'm wanting potatoes and I'm thinking I can't afford the slight but steady stressful feeling of avoiding them right now. I'm a week before my period so progesterone is currently my lifeline

OP
SQu

SQu

Caffeine up to 900-1100, sleepy, if that's due to progesterone I'm happy. Don't take theanine simultaneously anymore (too sleepy), do take taurine. But benefits of raising caffeine, like most things I try, seem transient. In that general improvement remains sluggish, up and down. Though I did notice initial improvement in energy, fewer between meal slumps.

Did not feel great on holiday at coast, better back home at altitude. Thought it might have been less milk, eggs thus more aches, tiredness. Adding those back in somewhat helpful .my Daily eggs keep nausea, hangover feelings at bay.

but best reintroduction by far is magnesium, p5p, though latter in particular had never done much for me before. mood, relaxation better. Have lowered cyproheptadine to 2mg (for sleep) as I wondered if it might be lowering dopamine, mood had got very low.

Peata

Hi squ, often I get that low mood before period, so you're not alone. I tell myself it's temporary and will be over, just hang on a little longer. Often something to distract me such as work or visit someone helps.

I can't remember, are you struggling with weight?

OP
SQu

SQu

Hi peata yes very much so. Trying to fix liver and adrenalin and make some progress there but right now .... snails move faster.
While I have good reason for low state of mind right now, (mother in coma, sepsis) I'm also often struck by how things like magnesium can completely change how I feel. So it's largely avoidable / treatable if I'm lucky. So very dark and hopeless if not. Trying to assemble list of helpful things. Today magnesium didn't help as much or the coffee aversion I felt dropped me into trouble so I tried ginger, methylene blue, o.j., pinch of cascara and pau d Arco which all helped, the mb mostly. But yes my cycle and pms also relevant often, usually main culprit. thanks for the reminder! day 17 a tad early. And been like this since day 1. Took progesterone in case. Always should remember this. Tx for your reply!

OP
SQu

SQu

Better for all the above today. Eggs tasting very good. I measured salt and am using about 4g twice a day on 2 meals, less on the 3rd, quantities guided by taste. For ages I've craved soda water (which has a bit of bicarb in it) and feel better for it. I don't want sweetened fizzy drinks, just soda. Going to try tiny pinch of bicarb, see if it works.

OP
SQu

SQu

Feeling far better than I would expect for day 24 of cycle. And other stuff. All the above still working well to keep mood good, magnesium and p5p and progesterone doing the most as far as I can see. My mood list, more or less in order of most to least NB is:
Progesterone
t3
Mag chloride and p5p
Methylene blue
Cascara and pau d arco
Taurine
Theanine
Caffeine
Aspirin
Possibly bcaas

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals