My urine smells like honey

PeterSN

Hey so i don't know what this is but I just pissed in a cup and smelt it, and it no joke smells like honey, not as pungent but the smell is there.

I'm very worried that it might be diabetes as I've been suffering from alot of untreated gut issues, intestinal infections, etc..

Also this shortness of breath and heart palpitations isn't going away anytime soon and I'm scared that I might die at this point.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure this out 🤔

LuMonty

Hey so i don't know what this is but I just pissed in a cup and smelt it, and it no joke smells like honey, not as pungent but the smell is there.

I'm very worried that it might be diabetes as I've been suffering from alot of untreated gut issues, intestinal infections, etc..

Also this shortness of breath and heart palpitations isn't going away anytime soon and I'm scared that I might die at this point.

It does sound bad, anything you can think of that would cause it? I've had it happen at different times, once was a UTI, another I was dumping sugar due to severe stress.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

It does sound bad, anything you can think of that would cause it? I've had it happen at different times, once was a UTI, another I was dumping sugar due to severe stress.
I was thinking it could be a UTi as my urethra hurts many times i go, also makes sense as both me and my doctor have agreed that i have a serious bacterial overgrowth

LuMonty

I was thinking it could be a UTi as my urethra hurts many times i go, also makes sense as both me and my doctor have agreed that i have a serious bacterial overgrowth
Yup, that'll do it! Hope you get some antibiotics, and the sooner the better!

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Yup, that'll do it! Hope you get some antibiotics, and the sooner the better!
Yeah the only problem is my doctor said its too hard to treat and he basically said there is no hope for me, and when you're living in a communist country like Denmark, that basically means you're ****88..

Truth

Hi Peter, when did you start feeling the shortness of breath, heart palpitation and noticing that smell? What do you eat? Are you taking any supplements or "medications"?

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Hi Peter, when did you start feeling the shortness of breath, heart palpitation and noticing that smell? What do you eat? Are you taking any supplements or "medications"?
The heart palpitations came after I went through some pretty stressful events in high school, and I never really recovered from it, in terms of my heart rythym issues, but the shortness of breath is a more recent development, started getting in early 2022 right after I got COVID vaxxed.

The sweet smelling urine issue first happened maybe a couple of weeks ago tbh, and I've noticed that I have pain in my urethra alot of the times too, so idk know what it could all mean, maybe UTI..

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Also you can check my profile details for more info on me, but I'm currently eating cantelope melon, mangos, 10% fat greek yogurt, dried dates and canned muasels

LuMonty

Yeah the only problem is my doctor said its too hard to treat and he basically said there is no hope for me, and when you're living in a communist country like Denmark, that basically means you're ****88..
See, I said the same thing but I live in the USA; took me years to self-treat but I had other issues making it worse though. Perhaps a non-pharmaceutical approach like something herbal. could work. I usually don't recommend herbs and don't know much about them, but I know a long-term UTI can be very damaging. So it would be up to you to decide if it's worth looking into.

Truth

Also you can check my profile details for more info on me, but I'm currently eating cantelope melon, mangos, 10% fat greek yogurt, dried dates and canned muasels
You don't eat red meat at all?

In my experience, dates, mangoes and melons with orange flesh (specifically in winter) can contribute to pain in this area, I suggest you experiment without mangoes, potentially without cantaloupe, and potentially without dates if it persists,

I've observed that a part of popular orange fruits/vegetables(such as carrots, mangoes, sweet potato), specifically in winter, may commonly contribute to some of the symptoms you've listed on your profile:

"Shortness of breath (exertion and mental stress/excitment make it worse)

Heart palpitations: skipped beats, PVCs

Stress intolerence

Chronic bloating and gas: especially from foods high in fiber and sugar

Cold hands and feet"

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

You don't eat red meat at all?

In my experience, dates, mangoes and melons with orange flesh (specifically in winter) can contribute to pain in this area, I suggest you experiment without mangoes, potentially without cantaloupe, and potentially without dates if it persists,

I've observed that a part of popular orange fruits/vegetables(such as carrots, mangoes, sweet potato), specifically in winter, may commonly contribute to some of the symptoms you've listed on your profile:

"Shortness of breath (exertion and mental stress/excitment make it worse)

Heart palpitations: skipped beats, PVCs

Stress intolerence

Chronic bloating and gas: especially from foods high in fiber and sugar

Cold hands and feet"
Well I arrived at this diet after years of testing to try and find what makes my symptoms the most manageable and also giving me a good enough outlook on life to continue living, I have cut out starch completely from my diet as it was wrosening all those things, as well as the more processed or concentrated carb sources such as honey and sugar.

I understand your concern about the fiber, but it has done wonders for my bowel movements, and the carrot salad didn't do much except constipate me even more, but I appreciate your perspective,and I liked to know more about this orange fruits theory you have?

Truth

Well I arrived at this diet after years of testing to try and find what makes my symptoms the most manageable and also giving me a good enough outlook on life to continue living, I have cut out starch completely from my diet as it was wrosening all those things, as well as the more processed or concentrated carb sources such as honey and sugar.
Certain foods may contribute to certain aspects of your well-being during part of the year, and these same foods in autumn/winter can contribute to certain symptoms
I understand your concern about the fiber, but it has done wonders for my bowel movements, and the carrot salad didn't do much except constipate me even more, but I appreciate your perspective,and I liked to know more about this orange fruits theory you have?
I don't think fiber is a problem in itself, we can eat whole fruits and have excellent intestinal transit if the fruit is ripe enough

What I've written about these fruits/vegetables is totally based on the experience of people I've observed and myself, rather than on theories

I don’t
Eating a high sugar diet with an infection isn’t a great idea. Is there anyway you can get your hands in some cranberry extract tablets? A few days taking those works wonders for bladder infections and UTIs.

Last edited:

GTW

Urine test sticks are cheap. Show possible cystitis and UTI. Also if you have a bucket to piss in you will see a syrup coating the bottom after 12 hours.
Contrary to past dogma the urinary tract and bladder are not sterile.
I found there was correlation between urinary dysfunction and GI dysfunction\bloating. It's all inflammation and one is not isolated from the other. But an intervention good for one may be bad for the other. For me it was mannose that's supposed to be good for urinary tract but it wasn't for bloating. Cranberry extract was OK.

“Cranberries are most commonly used for the prevention of urinary tract infections (UTIs). It was a common misconception that cranberry worked primarily by making the urine acidic, which stunted the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract; however, researchers have disregarded this theory, and they now believe some of the chemicals found within cranberries keep the bacteria from sticking to multiplying cells that line the urinary tract. Although cranberries don’t have the ability to release the bacteria already stuck to the cells, they’re effective in preventing more from getting stuck, which overall can lead to UTI prevention.”

“Artichoke is a plant. The leaf, stem, and root are used to make “extracts” which contain a high concentration of certain chemicals found in the plant. These extracts are used as medicine.

Artichoke is used to stimulate the flow of bilefrom the liver, and this is thought to help reduce the symptoms of heartburn and alcohol “hangover.” Artichoke is also used for high cholesterol, irritable bowel syndrome(IBS), kidney problems, anemia, fluid retention (edema), arthritis, bladder infections, and liver problems.”

Snicky

Hi Peter SN,

I’m not able to say I’ve been through the same but here are thoughts that came up as I read your thread:
1. Ray Peat discusses diabetes in his articles and despite ms dogma, an older view and evidence indicated that patients *needed* sugar, despite dumping sugar in their urine. If you read his articles on diabetes you will see…
2. I used to have cystitis issues. Cranberry and its derivatives did not help me. Sipping on water and evacuating more frequently did help some. I used an otc med in the states called AZO to survive the worst of the pain. I always ended up taking antibiotics, but perhaps by then it was clearing up on its own. 🤷‍♀️AZO: It’s an analgesic and life saver for me. I would nowadays avoid pharmaceuticals, but if you need relief badly, it works. I cannot find it here in europe where I live but maybe there is where you are, something similar.
3. If I had a systemic infection or bladder infection, I’d personally take oregano oil capsules as they do the trick for me gastroontestinally. Some people don’t respond well to them at outset, some may even be allergic, but I think it might often be that they needed to take it w/ food, get used to it, or maybe have experienced a herxheimer reaction…
4. I personally think there is something to some cystitis (and other illnesses) being sn active conflict or healing phase of an emotional conflict (from Germanische Heilkunde). Cystitis in this modality is seen as a healing phase where extra/excess bladder tissue created in the ‘conflict phase’ is consumed / broken down by bacteria and has to be passed, which is uncomfortable. (The conflict here usually being a ‘territorial’ one). I witnessed this happen with my cat. Serious. My cystitis was so long ago that I can’t recall all the contexts. Anyways, maybe this modality could feel pertinent/worth exploring for you. 🤷‍♀️

Good luck and take heart. I believe our bodies are tenacious and self-healing if we find the right way to support them.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Oh, and I think Marshmallow root can help.
thanks for the info, I have noticed recently that everytime I urinate, it hurts my urethra, not everytime but most of the times. I have tried alot of different OTC type gut supplements, ginger, artichoke, ox bile, lauric acid, oregano oil and TUDCA. Out of all of them, the ox bile seems to help the most by far.

My family has alot of hypothyroidsm, my granmother had a goiter and my father has been clinically diagnosed with hypothyoridism from a blood test. I do really think that if I get my thyroid in order then the gut problems will probably abait as well.

I know a common sign of diabetes is frequent urination, to the degree of the urge actually waking you up mulitple times in the night, whats funny is that I used to have this exact thing on carnivore, where I had very frequent urges to urinate, it would wake me up multiple times in the night, now I always sleep through the night without any of those problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals