My urine smells like honey

ChadGPT

I get this sometimes too where my urine smells like honey smacks and don’t know if it’s related but I also have interstitial cystitis. In my case it is not due to infection but triggered by foods. So if this is something that keeps happening, avoid any food that turns into acetaldehyde and take succinic acid. It helps a lot.

Snicky

I get this sometimes too where my urine smells like honey smacks and don’t know if it’s related but I also have interstitial cystitis. In my case it is not due to infection but triggered by foods. So if this is something that keeps happening, avoid any food that turns into acetaldehyde and take succinic acid. It helps a lot.
You just reminded me that I used to have the exact same experience: Honey Smacks! I think this was when I was younger, maybe in my 20s… Inwonder what that was. 🤔

purple pill

tyler durden: "how much can you know about yourself if you've never tasted your own urine"

But seriously, i think there is something to urine therapy if all else fails

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Did you see that they used to taste urine to see if it was sweet, in order to diagnosis diabetes?
yeah Im very aware of that, but at the same time I don't want to get a panic attack if its sweet. I'd rather just get a doctors appointment on monday and maybe get a urinalysis done

cs3000

can indicate diabetes but instead can indicate muscle breakdown e.g if on low calories
bioenergetic .life/?q=sweet+smelling+urine top result
im on low calories and notice this sometimes
(first time i noticed it happened when cutting out all starches on major caloric deficit ~50g sugars no other carbs. but still notice it sometimes on higher carbs with caloric deficit)

Last edited:
OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Sounds reasonable, good luck.
Hey so I got a urine swab testing done at the doctor's and she said that she couldn't find any abnormalities on it, even glucose was negative.

Also I finally built up the courage to try my own urine, twice. And each time it didn't taste sweet at all. It didn't taste bitter, but it tasted rather salty🤔

Snicky

Hey so I got a urine swab testing done at the doctor's and she said that she couldn't find any abnormalities on it, even glucose was negative.

Also I finally built up the courage to try my own urine, twice. And each time it didn't taste sweet at all. It didn't taste bitter, but it tasted rather salty🤔
Thanks for reporting back. I bet you are somewhat relieved to hear that.

GTW

I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning. In the evening my urine smells like coffee.
There's a pathology called maple syrup urine.
>Maple syrup urine disease (MSUD) is a rare but serious inherited condition. It means the body cannot process certain amino acids (the "building blocks" of protein), causing a harmful build-up of substances in the blood and urine.
Fenugreek seed smells like maple syrup, somewhat sweet. But tastes bitter. However after eating a moderate amount your skin may smell like maple syrup.
Stay tuned for more irrelevant factoids!

GTW

Urine from a person after eating lots of cabbage was considered medicinal in ancient Rome.

Boy if the outsiders think the Ray Peat Forum is crazy this that you said will surely be great fuel for their fire! You are brave!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals