Nascent Iodine

mattmm24

I know a lot of people are skeptical of supplementing iodine. And I have supplemented with a wide variety of stuff. Lately I have had the worst sinus congestion/allergies maybe ever. Randomly the other day I decided to give global healings nascent iodine a try. All I can say is WOW. All sinus congestion gone after 5 days taking 3-5 drops a day. I have been eating anything I want. Cheese, sour cream, goat milk, beef, tortilla chips, sweets, etc. I was definitely hypothyroid and that is what was causing most my issues. Dry skin gone. Slight eczema on the palm of hand, gone. More energy. Better sleep.
I’ve done the lugols before and that made me more hypo. This nascent just kicked my thyroid up right away. I am starting to think Iodine is the missing piece for most people and that is why they try so many ridiculous diets. Are we all making this too complicated? Note I am taking calcium, magnesium, b vitamins, fish oil, copper, zinc, manganese, vitamin c, and ox bile as well. But the changes didn’t start tell I took the nascent iodine.

youngsinatra

Remind me in 2 weeks. I felt good in the beginning on this supplement at 1-2 drops. Then my thyroid shut down and I had hypothermia with a *freezing cold* body and terrible hypo symptoms.

OP
M

mattmm24

Remind me in 2 weeks. I felt good in the beginning on this supplement at 1-2 drops. Then my thyroid shut down and I had hypothermia with a *freezing cold* body and terrible hypo symptoms.
The diference if you were probably taking a bunch of random supplements and doing low vitamin A. I am on a balanced program with hair analysis that is pretty structured. Lugols is where people have problems.

I took 5 drops last night and feel great. Also took some kelp today. Actually kelp feels like it might make me detox more than the nascent.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I know a lot of people are skeptical of supplementing iodine. And I have supplemented with a wide variety of stuff. Lately I have had the worst sinus congestion/allergies maybe ever. Randomly the other day I decided to give global healings nascent iodine a try. All I can say is WOW. All sinus congestion gone after 5 days taking 3-5 drops a day. I have been eating anything I want. Cheese, sour cream, goat milk, beef, tortilla chips, sweets, etc. I was definitely hypothyroid and that is what was causing most my issues. Dry skin gone. Slight eczema on the palm of hand, gone. More energy. Better sleep.
I’ve done the lugols before and that made me more hypo. This nascent just kicked my thyroid up right away. I am starting to think Iodine is the missing piece for most people and that is why they try so many ridiculous diets. Are we all making this too complicated? Note I am taking calcium, magnesium, b vitamins, fish oil, copper, zinc, manganese, vitamin c, and ox bile as well. But the changes didn’t start tell I took the nascent iodine.
Some people here suggest that nascent iodine is a scam.
What information did you find that makes it clear that it is better than any typical Iodine & Potassium Iodide supplement?

bruschi11

Look for an oligoscan in your area. I think it does a great job at tracking iodine. And I believe it’s a long term problem of mine too.

Edit: saw you do hair analysis too. It just stinks we can’t see iodine in hair as it’s definitely a missing link that’s just not tracked on paper well. The oligoscan seems like it’s accurate we will see I plan to do monthly for a bit.

Doctors data htma tracks iodine but I I don’t think it’s very accurate compared to oligoscan.

OP
M

mattmm24

Some people here suggest that nascent iodine is a scam.
What information did you find that makes it clear that it is better than any typical Iodine & Potassium Iodide supplement?
More trial and error. I've read both sides. Some people say Lugols is the only way to supplement iodine, and others say it is toxic. Some people say nascent isn't strong enough. I have been taking 3 drops minimum (1.8 mg) a day for the past week or so and had all of those positive benefits i listed. I can tell that it is revving up my thyroid which is a good thing. Because my breathing is better, singus congestion gone, dry skin clearing up, etc basically all of the hypo thyroid symptoms. When I took Lugols I immediately get Hypo symptoms.
I think of it differently than most people on this forum though. I look at it like you are either a slow or fast oxidizer. Slow and you get all the hypo symptoms. Fast has it's own symptoms, but typically people feel better as a fast oxidizer which is what the nascent feels it is transitioning me into. That is why I don't totally buyin to the low vitamin a detox. I will do a hair test here in the next week to see.

OP
M

mattmm24

Look for an oligoscan in your area. I think it does a great job at tracking iodine. And I believe it’s a long term problem of mine too.

Edit: saw you do hair analysis too. It just stinks we can’t see iodine in hair as it’s definitely a missing link that’s just not tracked on paper well. The oligoscan seems like it’s accurate we will see I plan to do monthly for a bit.

Doctors data htma tracks iodine but I I don’t think it’s very accurate compared to oligoscan.
It's definitely being overlooked with everyone who is hypothyroid. Your thyroid doesn't work without sufficient iodine. I will look into that, never heard of it. And yea I was on the nutritional balancing from 2018-2021. Found ray peat and was tired of the stictness of the NB diet and detox and started peating. Now I am getting back into it. Because that was the time that I felt the absolute best. Do you do NB?

youngsinatra

The diference if you were probably taking a bunch of random supplements and doing low vitamin A. I am on a balanced program with hair analysis that is pretty structured. Lugols is where people have problems.

I took 5 drops last night and feel great. Also took some kelp today. Actually kelp feels like it might make me detox more than the nascent.
Well I know one women that only took 1-2 drops of that same nascent iodine and she developed hashimoto with TSH above 150 and low FT4 and FT3 with high antibodies. She needed levothyroxine afterwards.

My thyroid was tingling and felt inflamed when I was taking it. (even tho I took the recommended selenium etc with it)

Iodine restriction actually improves thyroid function and thyroid markers. Wishing you well nonetheless and keep us updated!

OP
M

mattmm24

Well I know one women that only took 1-2 drops of that same nascent iodine and she developed hashimoto with TSH above 150 and low FT4 and FT3 with high antibodies. She needed levothyroxine afterwards.

My thyroid was tingling and felt inflamed when I was taking it. (even tho I took the recommended selenium etc with it)

Iodine restriction actually improves thyroid function and thyroid markers. Wishing you well nonetheless and keep us updated!
That is only true depending on who you source is. There are tons of toxic halides, and your thyroid can't function as well when you are constantly exposed to them. I am not saying high dosages.......as I am only taking the nascent or kelp. I am not really that worried about it messing up my thyroid, because I am keeping my diet and supplements balanced. More than likely the people that can't tolerate iodine are not taking that balanced approach. They view iodine as the cure all. Will do! You as well.

bruschi11

@mattmm24 @youngsinatra

Iodine affects a lot of other things other than thyroid.

Iodine converts estradiol to estrone. If body is making/ retaining sulfate, body will then retain estrone. Estrone backfeeds pathways that lead to production of testo, progesterone, preg.

Some people don’t need this. Some need more iodine some need less.

And sure if it’s hurting selenium thyroid is gonna slow down. But the way iodine affects other hormones can potently affect thyroid as well.

Slowing thyroid down actually can help some people too so body can retain things like progesterone and preg.

I don’t think anyone knows fully what happens when iodine slows thyroid down but there’s tons of reasons for it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals