Need Big Help

peep

Hey,

im 23 y.o and male.
Could not really live my life in the past 2-3 years.
Have been to several docs + naturopathists + gastroenterologists.

My Story starts in 2014.
At first there was only this slight urgency in the morning before school.
Started while driving and stopped after I went to the toilet in school. (Always normal stools- just ugency!)
It was really urgent so I often had to walk really fast and I had slight cramps in the lower abdomen area.
So the rest of the day everything was fine.
In the beginning I could live life almost normal. I could even go partying till late night.
It was like the symptoms started in the mornings and stopped at 3-4 pm.

It remained in this "condition" for like 1 year until I started to work nighttimes. 9pm - 6am
In this timeperiod of 4-5 weeks it got tremendously worse. (I took citrulline malate in those nights ~4g?)
I had "urgency" every 1-2h. So I had a really bad time working on production lines at night.
But it was still acceptable.

Then I went to College. Everything was "fine" (more like acceptable but slightly bad in the morning)
But then just 2 weeks before winter-break I got fever + lung infection. (Antibiotics)
-> Sick for 2 months + Start of urgency to poo throughout the day + gas at the beginning.
I also got urgency at home. Especially in the mornings.
Stopped College :/

Since then the whole situation just got worse and worse.
I cant leave my house without preparation. And even then I dont really feel secure.
Before going out, I sometimes drive 5 min, drive back home, go to toilet. Drive 10 min, go back... again.
Everything until I feel "empty" - therefore secure. But Its no diarrhea ! Solid stools. Just really big amounts.
After going to the toilet a few times + feeling secure / "empty" I can go out for hours nothing happens until I eat again.

Symptoms starting like:
1-slightly weird feeling in the left lower abdomen, something like pulsing or air beeing pushed slowly through the appendix. (?)
2-nervousness + adrenaline rush + sweating
3- Urgency. sometimes incontinence. Its like something toxic my gut wants to push out.

I tried:
Leaky gut -> Glutamin up to 10g
Low stomach acid ? (But never tried Betain Hcl :(
Low Fat 4 months
Ketogenic diet 8 months
Gluten free (still)
Fructose free diet 4 months
5htp for Serotonin deficiency in colon

My first "cure" was (as bad as it sounds) Smoking. But not long term. It kind of switched off my brain connection to my gut.
-> that was the start for mitochondria therapie and the reason for looking into 5Htp

Mitochondria therapie,
alpha lipoic acid, b12, biotin, probiotics
Fish oil 10g/d
magnesium 600mg
potassium up to 4g
Neurotransmitter "therapie" (thoughts were, maybe low norephinephrine due to "fight flight response")
Tyrosin 5g, Gaba 3g, Hordenine
Vitamin D 15.000
Msm 10g/d
Glycine
L theanine (Neurtransmitters)
Probiotic (Gut)
Iodine (Thyroid)
Taurine (Bile)
Berberine
Inositol
folic acid
acetyl carnitine (neurotransmitters)
and so on. I literally tried every vitamin connected to my digestive issues. I read a lot.

But still nothing really helped since 6-7 weeks ago.
I stumbled into this topic I thought of in the beginning of my problems.
Low stomach acid ? --> I bought Betain Hcl 650mg + pepsin.
Started to increase the dosage as advised 1,2,3 .. 12 capsules still no warmth.
So I took 12 capsules, yes around 7500mg ob betain hcl 3 Times + even more (snacks)
Just slight discomfort at low protein meals, but just maybe every 3 days once.
So I stayed at this dosage for the 4 Weeks.

All I can say, my digestion improved and the urgency SOMETIMES went from "poo urgency" to just gas.
(As said, urgency was always when I was going out of house. But now I accomplished to go walking / cycling for a small amount of time) But still at big stressors I tend to get those adrenaline rushes + weird / nervous feeling. And because of that feeling I cant really be sure about my condition in that moment, so I become extra nervous.

I further looked into low stomach acid and am trying to increase bile acid as well. (excessive Bile can cause IBS too, but well) (Stomach acid= acidic / Bile acid = antagonist = alkaline)

So maybe too little bile cant stop the stomach acid from getting into the gut.
But ... with too little stomach acid there is little to no bile.

Right now: Dandelion, Artichoke extract, iron, zinc, ashwagandha, rhodiola rose, milk thistle, vit c,
trying to lower cortisol + help adrenals, liver, gallbladder.

What could be wrong? :

Low stomach acid -> low bile
Low bile ( Gallstones ? liver problems?)
High cortisol ?-> low stomach acid.
Damaged adrenals / liver ? -> due to external cortisol
???

Reasons ?:

in the beginning of my "IBS" i got cortisone / prednisone
+ One time, I tried Pantothenic acid vitamin b5 megadose (because Ive had very bad acne. Which disappeared ever since.) up to 10g / day. -> connected to coenzyme A + adrenals (overstimulation?)
Thyroid problems TSH 3.6 (while on Iodine even 4) But now after iodine 3.4
(Cause of high TSH is as well high Cortisol)

Lab tested:
ONLY abnormal results

oxidated LDL 526 ng/ml (normal: <133)
copper (blood) 0,82 mg/l (normal: 1,1 - 1,2)
zinc (blood) 6,5 mg/l (normal: 7,3-7,7)
hematocrit 0,48 l/l (normal: 0,39- 0,52) =thick blood
Pyruvate 272 umol/l (normal: 58-136) = too acidic? (but where?)
CoQ10 0,49 mg/l (normal: 0,88-1,43)
cholesterol 143 mg/dl (normal: <200)
Enterococcus species <1,0 x 10^4 CFU/g (normal: 10^6-10^7)
Bifidobacterium species <1,0 x 10^7 CFU/g (normal: 10^9-10^11)
malondialdehyde 3,40 umol/l (normal: 1,2 -2,8)
histamine in stool 3504 ng/ml (normal: <600)
alpha 1 antitrypsin 51,1 mg/dl (normal: <27)

DOC : B12, Enterococcus species biotic, Q10 100mg, Vit C 1000mg

Dont really know what to do next :(

(Low cholesterol but high ldl. cholesterol is needed for bile as well as cortisol production=?)

L

lollipop

I am not qualified to help you other than encourage you. You came to a good forum. There are many knowledgeable people that participate. I hope others will chime in that have a better knowledge base than myself.

Sending you good thoughts for healing and understanding what might be happening.

M

marikay

Hi.

I'll start off here but will need others who are your gender and closer to your age to chime in ASAP.

First thing: Put OJ and sugar back in diet (if you haven't already). We are big on fructose in Ray Peat World.

Drop the 5htp immediately (if you haven't already). Serotonin is mostly a really bad thing. The lack of serotonin would cause constipattion, not what you have.

I'd also drop all the herbs and consider trying some antihistamines (Benadryl or famotidine or cyprohetadine).

Make sure you are getting 100 plus grams of Peat friendly protein and 400 grams of sugar/fructose. Try to go low fat if you can.

Stay away from grains. A carrot salad away from other food might help.

Good Luck.

OP
P

peep

Thank you both!

Regarding the antihistamines, I got DAO lab tested and it turned out to be in the upper range. (16/ normal: 10-15. >15 = no HI )
My doc told me that there is nothing to worry about histamine intolerance. But well. Histamine in stool is still pretty far away from normal.

I dropped 5htp 3 months ago. :)

I drink lots of lemonjuice + ACV. And Im starting with that OJ now :)
Why is sugar so important?

Food is:
170 Protein
400 Carbs
100 Fats

I was trying to eat even more fat, cause I felt kind of energized while beeing on keto.

So stomach acid and bile cant be the reason?
Should I try to go on low histamine foods ?

OP
P

peep

Mostly "healty" + glutenfree and low on dairy.
Around 3000 kcal

Im actually taking a break trying to find a intolerance in food.
(Past: no fructose, keto, low fat,... )
Only thing I havent tried is low histamine. Just because the lab tests said "no".

raypeatclips

Mostly "healty" + glutenfree and low on dairy.
Around 3000 kcal

Im actually taking a break trying to find a intolerance in food.
(Past: no fructose, keto, low fat,... )
Only thing I havent tried is low histamine. Just because the lab tests said "no".

After years of being interested in health and nutrition in various circles I have no idea what your "healthy" diet could be. What is a typical days food for you?

OP
P

peep

Yesterday:

Morning:
1- banana, nectarine, plum, watermelon
2- vegan blend protein powder 40g, brazil nuts, wheat free bread, peanut butter

Lunch:
Rice, peas, tuna

Dinner:
carrot juice, wheat free bread, turkey, vegetables

Supplements rn:
Vit D 15.000 UI
Vit K 600ug
vit c 2000mg
taurine 2g
curcumin
artichoke extract
pumpkin seed oil

Last edited:

Diokine

See this video by Gershom Zajicek M.D, How to cure Crohn's Disease, it has some very good background information on what I consider to probably be the foundation of pathology for IBD (viral infection - nervous derangement - vasculitis.)

I suspect the soreness you are feeling in the lower left area of your abdomen is related to inflammation in the mesentary vascular structure.
Image534.png

Additionally, supplements and fillers may be contributing to gut irritation. Phage therapy may be helpful, as would starch restriction.

OP
P

peep

Looking from the front its actually on the left side. Dont know If you got that right.
Its not really soreness. More like bloating.

Thanks for that video!

appendix3.jpg

Mito

See this video by Gershom Zajicek M.D, How to cure Crohn's Disease
Sounds like Dr. Zajicek has a different view on antibiotics use than Ray Peat. From the video "....antibiotics are the greatest enemies of the intestinal organ. They disrupt this subtle ecosystem and you lose protection. Try to avoid them when possible."

OP
P

peep

I know that and tried to avoid them.
Needed it for lung infection though.

So no one has an idea what else could be wrong? :/

lampofred

Yesterday:

Morning:

Lunch:
Rice, peas, tuna

Dinner:

Supplements rn:
Vit D 15.000 UI
Vit K 600ug
vit c 2000mg
taurine 2g
curcumin
artichoke extract
pumpkin seed oil

Maybe go to raypeat.com and read a few of his articles on vegetables, vegetable oil, protein powder, thyroid, etc.

It seems like you're new to Peat and don't really know much about him.

Frequent peristalsis is a sign of high serotonin (which Peat considers very bad) and the fact that you get nervous and sweaty is another sign that serotonin is the cause.

Maybe try cyproheptadine and look through Peat's articles/interviews on how to reduce serotonin.

Last edited:
OP
P

peep

Dont want to offend anybody, but Im not really trying to find any new diet-lifestyle.
I sure can and will improve my diet by any good researched and usefull tips from Peat.
I dont made my mind up on him right now.

Right now Im just trying to get better and find my problem.

Or do you think healing is just possible with beeing on a Peat diet? No offence.

I just thought I might try to find some help in here. At first glance, this forum was quite well informed and researched.
So I posted my problem, despite not knowing that much about Peat.

lampofred

Dont want to offend anybody, but Im not really trying to find any new diet-lifestyle.
I sure can and will improve my diet by any good researched and usefull tips from Peat.
I dont made my mind up on him right now.

Right now Im just trying to get better and find my problem.

Or do you think healing is just possible with beeing on a Peat diet? No offence.

I just thought I might try to find some help in here. At first glance, this forum was quite well informed and researched.
So I posted my problem, despite not knowing that much about Peat.

Lol I don't see how you could have possibly offended me? Anyway I was just saying it would be better for you to learn about Ray Peat first and read his tremendously informative articles to get an idea of what he's all about. Otherwise the suggestions you get on here are going to be drastically different than what you might think they'll be. From a Peat POV, your current diet could be much better. Again, maybe one thing for you to focus on without having to get into another diet-lifestyle as you put is to lower your serotonin levels. 95% of serotonin is produced in the gut and it causes frequent bowel movements.

Last edited:

Sucrates

Yesterday:

Morning:

Lunch:
Rice, peas, tuna

Dinner:

Supplements rn:
Vit D 15.000 UI
Vit K 600ug
vit c 2000mg
taurine 2g
curcumin
artichoke extract
pumpkin seed oil

I would remove everything bolded, as they might be increasing serotonin or irritating your intestines. The vit D is just way too high unless it's for a short period and you know you're deficient.
Try Saccharomyces Boulardii in the middle of the day with food. If that doesn't help look into cyproheptadine, lysine and low doses of tetracyclines, preferably doxycycline 20-50mg/day. Do not persist with them if there is a negative response. Read Rays articles on serotonin. Eat easily digestible foods.

L

lollipop

I would remove everything bolded, as they might be increasing serotonin or irritating your intestines. The vit D is just way too high unless it's for a short period and you know you're deficient.
Try Saccharomyces Boulardii in the middle of the day with food. If that doesn't help look into cyproheptadine, lysine and low doses of tetracyclines, preferably doxycycline 20-50mg/day. Do not persist with them if there is a negative response. Read Rays articles on serotonin. Eat easily digestible foods.
+1

vb2005

There is i video on youtube from a guy that cured for 3-4 days eating only chi ken and white rice -it works like elemental diet, starving bad gut bacteria but feeding you.

OP
P

peep

I started Bifido and 500mg x2 Lysine to lower serotonin.

Cant tell to much about bifido yet, but seems to help ? (Hopes are high ^^)
I still take Ashwagandha and I can feel it helping with my nervousness. (cortisol + adrenaline)
(lowering cortisol regarding to low thyroid)

+ Trying to get to low PUFA levels

Should I start Niacinamide too ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals