Need For An Anti-aromatase?

faxmulder

Hi guys,

MD advised me to take vit D and tribulus, since recent hormone panel showed low vit D and low luteinizing hormone (LH) values.

So far, I’ve assembled the following daily stack: magnesium, lysine, EGCG, chaga mushroom, MSM, sulbutiamine, shilajit and boron (6/9mg). At the moment I’m testing also quercetin for dealing with hay fever.

I’m considering adding an adaptogen (such as KSM-66 ashwagandha OR maca OR cordyceps) to my preworkout stack that is: agmatine, citrulline, beta alanine, taurine.

Do you think that, since my stack would potentially be comprised of boron + tribulus + shilajit + ashwagandha/Cordyceps/Maca, it will be necessary to use also an anti-aromatase? Or the potential increase in testosterone is minimal?

You know guys, I don’t want to get man boobs lol

Thanks!

Johhnyb

I think with the stack you’ve complied the increase will be minimal. Did you have estrogen values checked, if so, what are they?

You mentioned the panel showed, low Vit D but don’t seem to have included it to supplement? Vit D is vital for lots of different processes including hormones so i would suggest including that first. What about other vitamins?

Get the basic macro/micro nutrients right first, then think about adding other things if needed.

shine

I think the consensus here is that quercetin and EGCG are estrogenic.

If you're struggling with hay fever I'd look into Bifidobacteria. B. longum and B. bifidum especially.

OP
F

faxmulder

I think the consensus here is that quercetin and EGCG are estrogenic.

If you're struggling with hay fever I'd look into Bifidobacteria. B. longum and B. bifidum especially.
thx mate.
Actually this was also my doubt with quercetin and EGCG... TBH I wanted to try first EGCG; I've read that it could help with inflammation.
I have and autoimmune disease on skin (lichen - it's similar to lupus) and EGCG should help in modulating the immune response.

Anyways, do you think I should take an anti-aromatase supplement, considering my stack?

OP
F

faxmulder

I think with the stack you’ve complied the increase will be minimal. Did you have estrogen values checked, if so, what are they?

You mentioned the panel showed, low Vit D but don’t seem to have included it to supplement? Vit D is vital for lots of different processes including hormones so i would suggest including that first. What about other vitamins?

Get the basic macro/micro nutrients right first, then think about adding other things if needed.

Hi man, yep doc advised to take vit D (4000UI) and try tribulus for enhancing LH levels. I've pasted the results below.

Do you think that an anti-aromatase is needed, considering my stack?

Not strictly related but, do you have by any chance any experience with pregnenolone? I've not researched it yet, but somebody advised me for mild anxiety and overthinking and it seems that could help also with hormonal issues.

Thank you

• vit D -- 24 ng/mL
  • estradiol (E2) -- 26 pg/mL
  • FSH -- 3.7 mUI/mL
  • TSH-R -- 2.16 nUI/mL
  • *LH -- 1.2 mIU/mL
  • Prolactin (PRL) -- 10 ng/mL
  • S-Testosterone -- 4.68 ng/mL
  • albumin -- 4.4 g/dL 3.7 5.5
  • SHBG -- 24.10 nmol/L
  • total cholesterol -- 218
  • tryglicerides -- 71

Last edited:

shine

thx mate.
Actually this was also my doubt with quercetin and EGCG... TBH I wanted to try first EGCG; I've read that it could help with inflammation.
I have and autoimmune disease on skin (lichen - it's similar to lupus) and EGCG should help in modulating the immune response.

Anyways, do you think I should take an anti-aromatase supplement, considering my stack?

I don't think you need an anti-aromatase supplement or drug.
Maybe increase your Vitamin A, E and K intake if you're concerned about it.

What you could try is Tongkat Ali (LJ-100 standardized extract) + 30-50mg pregnenolone. Tongkat Ali increases 17,20-lyase which turns the pregnenolone into DHEA while the taurine you are taking increases 3beta-hsd which turns the DHEA into androstenedione and 17beta-hsd which turns androstenedione into testosterone. This leads to increased synthesis of testosterone. Tongkat Ali has also been shown to reduce estrogen. In studies with rodents the animals had stronger erections, it took them longer to ejaculate, they were more interested in females and produced more male offspring.

Tribulus + Tongkat Ali (LJ-100) + pregnenolone (+taurine +glycine) is to this day my favourite combo in terms of mood, energy, sexuality.

From time to time I stop taking the Tribulus and LJ-100 and take Cistanche (lifeextension product is good) instead.
Cistanche increases all the testicular enzymes important for synthesis of testosterone and also increases tyrosine hydroxylase -> increases dopamine.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to say that I would stop taking the citrulline. It increases NO, it makes your muscles bloat while training, but doesn't really benefit you. I am guessing it is citrulline-malate. The malic acid is actually beneficial for energy production and is available in powder form.

Last edited:
OP
F

faxmulder

I don't think you need an anti-aromatase supplement or drug.
Maybe increase your Vitamin A, E and K intake if you're concerned about it.

What you could try is Tongkat Ali (LJ-100 standardized extract) + 30-50mg pregnenolone. Tongkat Ali increases 17,20-lyase which turns the pregnenolone into DHEA while the taurine you are taking increases 3beta-hsd which turns the DHEA into androstenedione and 17beta-hsd which turns androstenedione into testosterone. This leads to increased synthesis of testosterone. Tongkat Ali has also been shown to reduce estrogen. In studies with rodents the animals had stronger erections, it took them longer to ejaculate, they were more interested in females and produced more male offspring.

Tribulus + Tongkat Ali (LJ-100) + pregnenolone (+taurine +glycine) is to this day my favourite combo in terms of mood, energy, sexuality.

From time to time I stop taking the Tribulus and LJ-100 and take Cistanche (lifeextension product is good) instead.
Cistanche increases all the testicular enzymes important for synthesis of testosterone and also increases tyrosine hydroxylase -> increases dopamine.
Thanks man!
Pregnenolone seems interesting indeed - I’ve seen that it is advised in some instances also for mild anxiety, worrying and overthinking.
Can you suggest a brand? I’d like to take Life Extension, but I’ve seen that it’s only 100mg. Maybe I could take every other day?

I’m trying to get Longjack since ages, but it seems that here in Italy is impossibile to find it; which brand are you using?

Do you think that, if I’m not able to get LJ, I could take ashwagandha (or cordyceps) alongside tribulus, pregnenolone, taurine and agmatine?
Is it safe to add boron, sulbutiamine and shilajit, or it would be “overkill”?

For your reference, I’m taking also MSM, chaga mushroom and lysine, since it seems they can help with autoimmune inflammation.
I’m considering doing a trial with kanna in the future - I’ve read that it could help with anxiety and focus, and also autoimmune symptoms. Do you see any potential side effects with these supplements?

thanks man for your willingness to help!

Johhnyb

Yeah i agree, an AI isn’t needed here;

- basic vitamins and minerals
- l-dopa for short term increase in dopamine and lower prolactin
- LJ+pregnenolone, for reasons stated above.

OP
F

faxmulder

Yeah i agree, an AI isn’t needed here;

- basic vitamins and minerals
- l-dopa for short term increase in dopamine and lower prolactin
- LJ+pregnenolone, for reasons stated above.
Thanks man for your insight.

Since I have yet to find a brand that sends LJ to Italy (I’ve emailed Lost Empire Herbs to know if they ship here) could I take ashwagandha (or cordyceps) alongside pregnenolone and tribulus?
Or their effects are not comparable to LJ?

Is it safe to add boron, sulbutiamine and shilajit, or it would be “overkill” in this stack?

Johhnyb

Thanks man for your insight.

Since I have yet to find a brand that sends LJ to Italy (I’ve emailed Lost Empire Herbs to know if they ship here) could I take ashwagandha (or cordyceps) alongside pregnenolone and tribulus?
Or their effects are not comparable to LJ?

Is it safe to add boron, sulbutiamine and shilajit, or it would be “overkill” in this stack?

You could add Ashwagandha but it’s not going to have the same effect as LJ. Boron is part of basic minerals so not problem including, as is shilijit (although it has some other components that will be of benefit), and from memory, Sulbutiamine is good but is essentially just Vit B1 x2 + sulphur molecule, but needs to be cycled so maybe just take short-term or take normal B1?

OP
F

faxmulder

You could add Ashwagandha but it’s not going to have the same effect as LJ. Boron is part of basic minerals so not problem including, as is shilijit (although it has some other components that will be of benefit), and from memory, Sulbutiamine is good but is essentially just Vit B1 x2 + sulphur molecule, but needs to be cycled so maybe just take short-term or take normal B1?
Okay man thanks, I’ll cycle sulbutiamine maybe 2/3 weeks ON, 1 week OFF, as I do with boron.

One last thing: do you have by any chance experience with kanna or skullcap? I’m trying to understand if they have potential anti-androgen side effects

OP
F

faxmulder

Never used them. I’m sure someone here has though?
Hope somebody will chime in.
I’m interested because they should help with mild anxiety, focus and overthinking/rumination but also in quelling autoimmune inflammation.

thanks

JKX

Okay man thanks, I’ll cycle sulbutiamine maybe 2/3 weeks ON, 1 week OFF, as I do with boron.

One last thing: do you have by any chance experience with kanna or skullcap? I’m trying to understand if they have potential anti-androgen side effects

Have you tried zinc and magnesium? Maybe also a good quality vitamin E? I think these would be beneficial based on your bloods.

OP
F

faxmulder

Have you tried zinc and magnesium? Maybe also a good quality vitamin E? I think these would be beneficial based on your bloods.
Unfortunately zinc causes autoimmune flare up for me, since my disease is TH2 based and zinc is enhancing immune response.

Magnesium: I’ve tried before sleep but I’ve surpassingly had bad results - I can try to take it in the morning. Maybe threonate would help for rumination better than other forms?

Vit E I’ve tried in the past for dry skin but for a short time. I’m adding it again since I know that it’s paramount.
Which dosage do you advise? Is Jarrow Famil E any good?
Considering my bloodworks, you think it would be useful for raising LH, alongside tribulus and maybe ashwagandha?

what do you think about boron (6/9mg) cycled 2/3 weeks ON a 1 week OFF?

I’m taking also taurine (2g) but it seems that it is making my skin more dry.. strange, I’ve never read of this side effect.

thanks mate

JKX

Unfortunately zinc causes autoimmune flare up for me, since my disease is TH2 based and zinc is enhancing immune response.

Magnesium: I’ve tried before sleep but I’ve surpassingly had bad results - I can try to take it in the morning. Maybe threonate would help for rumination better than other forms?

Vit E I’ve tried in the past for dry skin but for a short time. I’m adding it again since I know that it’s paramount.
Which dosage do you advise? Is Jarrow Famil E any good?
Considering my bloodworks, you think it would be useful for raising LH, alongside tribulus and maybe ashwagandha?

what do you think about boron (6/9mg) cycled 2/3 weeks ON a 1 week OFF?

I’m taking also taurine (2g) but it seems that it is making my skin more dry.. strange, I’ve never read of this side effect.

thanks mate
I'm not keen on herbs or root extracts. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable on this topic can help. There are also some posts above.

I eat organic raisins for boron. Ive never supplemented. I think food is always best where possible.

I'd perhaps try magnesium malate through the day if it bothers you at night. 300-400mg is a good starting dose. The malic acid should also be helpful as mentioned above. Find a clean product with no fillers.

For vitamin E Tocovit or Mitolipin would be my choices. They are the best on the market in my opinion. Ive also used non gmo sunflower E. Its not as good as the idealabs products. 200-400IU is a good daily dose. It really is just a case of monitoring effects as you go and adjusting. You should notice changes in libido.

I'd perhaps try the E first and look into the herbs later if there is no change in a month or so.

JKX

As a side note taurine can increase steroid production so it may be using up more of your vitamin A. Its possible this might be contributing to your dry skin. Just a thought.

shine

LJ-100® 100 mg

They have a -50% offer (Da consumarsi preferibilmente entro: 30/08/2020) at the moment and ship from Europe.

Pregnenolone

They offer pregnenolone produced in Sweden (high production standards). They ship from Ireland (EU). You can choose between 10, 25 and 50 mg.
They also have a high quality DHEA.

Regarding pregnenolone and anxiety, I had pregnenolone deficiency and had an underlying anxiousness for a really long time and ever since taking pregnenolone I haven't had a day where I felt anxious.

Last edited:
OP
F

faxmulder

As a side note taurine can increase steroid production so it may be using up more of your vitamin A. Its possible this might be contributing to your dry skin. Just a thought.
thanks man, interesting insight on taurine and dry skin. So I could add, other than vit E, also vit A. Is it okay to supplement beta carotene, or do I need the active version? Maybe I could try cod liver oil.

JKX

I think mixed carotenes from fruits and vit A from liver are best. If you want to go the supplement route, palmitate or acetate vitamin A derivatives might be OK. I prefer food. I think synthetic beta carotene or cod liver oil are best avoided.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals