new, need help single mom: thyroid and progest-e

J

j.

Thorne is twice as expensive as AOR or Relentless improvement, but the AOR and RI come in 15 mg pills. Thorne and AOR both work for sure.

HDD

My son is currently taking LE Super K and a Twinlab D + K. Do you know if these are inferior products? I know RP recommends Thorne so maybe since we are trying to correct dental problems, I should use the pricier product.?

J

j.

LE I think has MK7. I don't see the point of taking MK7. AOR and Relentless Improvement are pure MK4 products about half the price of Thorne per mg.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I have ordered thorne k2 (will need to order cheaper brand next time), niacinamide, and cascara.

Last two days had a little trouble breathing due to bloat plus increased muscle pain so broke down and took commercial stool softener / laxative yesterday. This provided relief. Also did not drink milk today but did drink OJ. Will eliminate one at a time to seek out culprit. So far so good. No bloat since this morning, though stomach seems to have accumulated fat and is still sticking out.

If it turns out that milk is culprit, that will be strange because I've been having a bit of milk in tea and oatmeal for a long time. All I did different with Peat diet was start drinking 8oz in the morning.

Will go without milk another day or two to see.

Thanks

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Hi j, I live in maryland. Warm now. Yesterday and today I ate a lot because I felt hungry, and up again to 2000+ probably (I didn't do cronometer yesterday). My cals seem to be quite up and down at the moment.

J

j.

I wouldn't worry about having a lower calorie intake when it's warm, I think that's normal.

J

j.

4 drops per day of Thorne K2, I think a reasonable amount, would finish your bottle in 10 months.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

ok, great! I can afford that. I read on the forums somewhere of people taking a lot more. Should I be rubbing on my gums? thanks

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Also I ordered the thorne niacinamide, which is 500mg. I think Mittir said to start with 100g x 3, but I could not find 100, so what should I do.
thanks

J

j.

I think 45 mg of K2 is for osteoporosis. For dental health, it's just anecdotal, but I think a lot less is needed.

Mittir

sunmountain said:
Also I ordered the thorne niacinamide, which is 500mg. I think Mittir said to start with 100g x 3, but I could not find 100, so what should I do.
thanks

Bad reaction to niacinamide depends mostly on person's carbohydrate intake
and ability to store glycogen. You can start with larger doses and if you do not
see any side effects like headache or tiredness then you are fine.
Also make sure your niacinamide does not have bad additives.
RP mentioned that 100 mg few times a day is enough to show
benefits by lowering free fatty acid release.
Some people starts with 50 mg 2-3 times a day with
meal or OJ/ fruit juice. You can break up that tablet and it does not
have to be exactly equal in size .

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Thanks J and Mittir.

Turns out the Thorne Niacinamide is a capsule. I'm trying to cancel order, let's see. Will look for 100g again.

Of course, I already have Thorne Basic B complex which has 130mg of Niacinamide per capsule and 10mg of B6. It also has the other good B's you mentioned, but unfortunately also the 2 bad B's you mentioned. Would the bad B's negate the good ones if I continued through this bottle just to finish it and to try the Niacinamide experiment x 3 per day?

If the Niacinamide doesn't suit me, you said I'd feel tired, but I'm already so tired, how would I tell the difference? Headaches might tell something as I rarely get them.

thanks

Mittir

You can pour out the powder from the capsule and use it in divided doses.
It looks like Thorne niacinamide is additive free, except for the capsule shell.
There are people who uses larger dose of niacinamide (200-500 mg 2-3 times a day)
regularly with good results and RP thinks large dose of niacinamide is also
helpful. Niacinamide can lower blood sugar and increase stress hormones
if there isn't enough carbohydrate intake and storage. Low blood sugar can
cause tons of health issues including headache and tiredness.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I just looked at cronometer for the past several days, including days when I exceeded and was under my nutritional targets.

I see that among minerals I am consistently low in iron and potassium, the latter not too much but lower than target. Iron is quite a bit low. Should I eat bananas?

Among vitamins, I'm consistently low in K and sometimes E.

My nutritional challenge these days is meeting my carb requirement. I'm falling short by about 10-20%. I can't seem to ingest as much OJ and milk as might help meet requirement. My stomach swells up, and I'm trying to figure things out right now with OJ and milk.

Are there other carb-rich foods I can eat in the meantime? Other than potatoes as I don't feel like eating those every day and don't have time to juice.

Mittir, thanks for the reply. I'll wait now and see if the order is canceled before doing anything. Especially as carb intake is a problem for me right now, maybe I should wait with the nicinamide?

Thanks to all.

J

j.

1 drop of Thorne K2 is enough to no longer be low in K.

It's normal to be low in vitamin E unless you supplement, because the foods high in vitamin E tend to have high PUFA, which we tend to avoid.

Low iron intake, if it doesn't cause symptoms, is likely a good thing.

J

j.

Jarrow Formulas Niacinamide is 250 mg, a bit better, in regard to taking low doses, than 500 mg. There is a product with 100 mg, but I think it has silica.

J

j.

Side topic, Nutrabio seemed to have a good B complex, but upon closer examination it has a criminal amount of B6 (100 mg, Peat recommends 10 mg).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals