Nicotine, pro- or anti-inflammatory ?

loess

LadyRae

I like Walgreens 4mg mint mini lozenges. Don't drink anymore, so this is my thing😏. Probably have 4-6 per day. I love it especially with coffee and right before bed

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Can you share the product you're using for this?
Its Nicotine - Solution (USP) (30mL / 100mL) - 30ml by Mitolabs

bagotage

That's interesting, never considered that before. Probably tastes like #$%@. Wonder if you could add a little to ground coffee? I use the "pour over" method, maybe you could just add some tobacco on top of the ground?
Why would it taste bad? Tobacco smells amazing, fresh tobacco especially. Never thought about adding it to coffee, that's a good idea!

loess

Vinny

That's interesting, never considered that before. Probably tastes like #$%@.
Just made a tea from the stuff I smoke and drank it. Not a great taste indeed, but it`s bearable. Will definitely go on and see if I can notice anything.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Nictoine /cotinine (a nicotine metabolite), inhibit GSK3, which increases glycogen storage and synthase.
GSK3 inhibition has been shown to help in basically all chronic diseases from alzheimers to diabetes and even tooth regeneration.
Interestingly many peaty substances, like progesterone, lower GSK3.

"Taken together, these results show nicotinic receptor agonists can act as cognitive enhancers in a mouse model of Fragile X syndrome and highlight the potential role of inhibiting GSK3β in mediating the effects of cotinine on memory."

- https://www.researchgate.net/public...tion_in_the_mouse_model_of_Fragile_X_syndrome

Overview of GSK3:
- All About GSK3B: What It Does, How To Inhibit It, And More - SelfHacked

Last edited:

joaquin

I like Walgreens 4mg mint mini lozenges. Don't drink anymore, so this is my thing😏. Probably have 4-6 per day. I love it especially with coffee and right before bed
That's a huge amount of nicotine. I've done the lozenges and the mini lozenges in the past and when using that amount would over time cause my circulation to be restricted. Right now I'm using a 1/4 nicotine patch every day which is slow release and comes out to be about 5.25 mg.

LadyRae

That's a huge amount of nicotine. I've done the lozenges and the mini lozenges in the past and when using that amount would over time cause my circulation to be restricted. Right now I'm using a 1/4 nicotine patch every day which is slow release and comes out to be about 5.25 mg.
1 cigarette has about 18 mg nicotine. So I don't think my habit is a huge amount??

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

1 cigarette has about 18 mg nicotine. So I don't think my habit is a huge amount??
You only inhale about 10% of that according to this source. So what you're getting is more like pack's amount of nicotine.

"You’ll probably inhale about 1.1 to 1.8 mg of nicotine by the end of each cigarette. For a pack of 20 cigarettes, you’ll likely inhale between 22 to 36 mg of nicotine."

- How Much Nicotine Is in a Cigarette, Cigar, and E-Cigarette?

joaquin

@Mauritio Even one milligram if injected straight into the bloodstream would result in instant death. I wish I had never tried tobacco as it is incredibly hard to permanently stop using.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

@Mauritio Even one milligram if injected straight into the bloodstream would result in instant death. I wish I had never tried tobacco as it is incredibly hard to permanently stop using.
I dont know about that.
yes that's certainly the biggest drawback ,that nictoine is so habit forming. People with addictive personalities or poor self control ,should be very careful.

Vinny

I love it especially with coffee and right before bed
You take nicotine (+caffeine from the coffee) right before going to sleep? Why?
Thanks

LadyRae

You take nicotine (+caffeine from the coffee) right before going to sleep? Why?
Thanks
I find it somewhat stimulating for a few minutes, but then it's very relaxing and I drift off to sleep

LadyRae

During last summer and fall, through Christmas, I wasn't using the lozenges at all... It seems to be a winter item for me I guess.. maybe I'm bored?

Anyway, when I "quit" during the summer, it wasn't difficult AT ALL. No cravings, irritability...I just didn't buy them for a few months.

I've never been a smoker, and I quit all alcohol 4 years ago.

Sherbert

Good idea 💡 ☕🚬

Sherbert

I never see anyone mention tea, but I put one or two small tobacco leaves in my morning tea blend every day.

I suspect there are synergistic effects with the tobacco plant, that are not present when using isolated nicotine extracts.

In Tao Lin's Leave Society he mentions drinking "tobacco water," so I suspect he's doing some kind of cold-water extraction there, which is what gave me the idea to try putting it in herbal tea.
Good idea 💡 ☕🚬 😃

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I wonder if microdosing nicotine (with a synergistic blend) will become the next big thing? I should look into this at some point...

Its an interesting substance when observed at from an energetic and mental health aspect. The problem with cigs is the rest of the crap they put in there. Haven't you ever wondered why its one of the only items on shelves approved for human consumption with no list of ingredients? They wouldn't fit on the box as there is so many. Not to mention the tobacco industry is the second largest buyer of sugar and this is the true cause of addiction/weight gain upon quitting.

No wonder when each one contains about 1/2 a teaspoon of the white stuff because its processed far quicker than nicotine by the CNS and thus provides the immediate hit whilst also activating the formaldehyde and other badness.

Never looked into Vaping but I'm quite certain that that will be another "Whoopsie!" by big business in a few decades when peoples lungs fall off due to all the flavorings and crap they put in there. The idea of heating glycerin to a vapor level then repeatedly inhaling it seems mind boggling as what do you think will happen when it condenses?

Some real sticky, icky. Ooh wee!
You were on to something!

bagotage

@bagotage I recommend you to try Krumovgrad. It is Bulgarian breed. Doesn't give throat kick but flavour and aroma are out of this world.
Loving the Krumovgrad by the way, so so nice. Been smoking 0-1 cigarettes per day, plus I always put a leaf in my daily herbal tea blend. I also put a small leaf in the big clay pot of drinking water that I keep in the kitchen.

Smoking it seems to boost CO2, I find myself easily taking long, deep breaths.

bagotage

Anybody tried combining caffeine and nictotine?
They might synergize and caffeine lowers COX2 ,so should make nicotine safer.
I put a little tobacco leaf in my Aeropress coffee this morning, it's got a bit of a spicy kick, it's nice!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals