Not in my organic meat!!!!!!!!

achillea

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Wow that was eye opening and sad... I truly wish we the people can make a difference here by making it clear to our local and federal governments that this is what we want.

frannybananny

Celebrate the land of the free and the home of the brave. Yeah Right
We are prisoners in our own land..... but somebody had to have turned him in....maybe one of his own friends? or an undercover agent? Just depicable.

Peatress

We are prisoners in our own land..... but somebody had to have turned him in....maybe one of his own friends? or an undercover agent? Just depicable.
I listened to an interview with an ex police officer about policing during lockdown in the UK. He said the police were being inundated with calls from people ratting on their neighbours.

Don

I listened to an interview with an ex police officer about policing during lockdown in the UK. He said the police were being inundated with calls from people ratting on their neighbours.
In liberal hell hole of BC neighbours were ratting each other out and getting people fined who sneaked into 100 acre or bigger forested parks as they were closed over "covid" lockdowns.

AlaskaJono

Here in 'Straya, 7 years ago in a small town in Queensland, a little health food shop got fined $2500 for an employee describing health benefits of drinking "Bath Milk" which is organic raw milk for bathing the skin, milk labelled as such. The person 'shopping' for the milk was a 'spy cop' in disguise as a normal shopper. Fair dinkum.

How much money on 'jobs' with the gov't are such 'cops' and milk enforcers. So ridiculous, but true.

milk_lover

Does this apply for halal and kosher meat in the US? This is honestly ridiculous. Can't americans buy meat from local butchers who slaughter their animals? I thought this was a basic right for every human.

Nfinkelstein

I believe this article is false. It says "all USDA-licensed processing plants are required to treat ALL meat (even the local, grass-fed, organic variety) with synthetic preservatives." I don't believe this is true --- different plants do things their own way. Using citric acid on poultry doesn't even make sense. The guy doesn't want to be USDA inspected because he doesn't have the resources to have his own inspected facility. By avoiding compliance he avoids costs, allowing him to compete more favorably against those who do comply.

I am nearly always an advocate for small farms/small producers. But I think in this case it is not really about "I don't want to use citric acid".

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Many small butchers are saying **** it due to the USDA licensing and requirements and going out of business.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Regenerative Agriculture is better.

About Us

On-Farm Red Meat & Poultry Processing
Butcher cutting from a hanging slab of meat
We are vertically integrated with processing on the farm.
We are fiercely committed to the well-being of our animals, as well as the quality of the meats and poultry we provide our customers. We honor that commitment by treating our animals with dignity and respect from the day they are born throughout their lives, including the day they are slaughtered.

We are one of the only farms in the United States that have both red meat and poultry abattoirs on our farm. The uniqueness of these two enormous investments demonstrates White Oak Pastures' commitment to regenerative agriculture. We don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk.

Our processing abattoirs were designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, the internationally recognized authority on humane animal handling and slaughter. She is a doctor of Animal Science and champion of animal welfare. Our facilities are designed to keep our animals as calm as possible. The animals are held in open pens until they are dispatched. The captive bolt is administered by a trained employee and renders the animal senseless to prevent suffering. This procedure is performed by hand, one at the time and the process is taken very seriously.

We only slaughter 30-35 head of cattle per day. An industrial processing plant may slaughter over 6,000 cattle per day. All of our poultry is slaughtered with an electrical stun knife. We process about 3,000 chickens per week. An industrial processing plant can slaughter up to 200,000 chickens per day. Our plants are not efficient, they are humane. This process does cost more to operate, but we believe our customers wouldn’t have it any other way.

Both of our abattoirs are zero-waste operations. All blood is digested to make liquid organic fertilizer, all bones are ground to make bone meal, and all viscera is composted. All of these organic fertilizers are used as soil amendments for our Certified Organic pastures. Hides are either turned into leather items or dehydrated for pet chews. Fat is rendered to make soaps, candles, and lotions.

We have our own water treatment system to turn the wash down water into irrigation water for our pastures. In nature, there is no waste. We endeavor to operate our abattoirs the same way.

Behind our processing abattoirs is a 50,000-watt solar voltaic array, which helps supply some of the power we use each day.

The well-being of our workers is a major priority for us, as well. White Oak Pastures employees work on non-mechanized lines, which is safer and healthier than the rushed, automated assembly lines of high-volume slaughterhouses. The workers on both the kill floor and in the cutting room are artisans trained in several skills. Our employees also have the opportunity to work in other departments on the farm to give them more exposure to the vertically integrated production system at White Oak Pastures.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals