OMAD and randle cycle

frankmp0

I'm not very knowledgeable on this topic, so forgive me if I'm neglecting something obvious. Wouldn't OMAD cause serious problems because of high fats and carbs in the same meal if the dieter wasn't doing low carb or low fat? Would the effect be canceled out if all the fat was sfa/mufa?

youngsinatra

I'm not very knowledgeable on this topic, so forgive me if I'm neglecting something obvious. Wouldn't OMAD cause serious problems because of high fats and carbs in the same meal if the dieter wasn't doing low carb or low fat? Would the effect be canceled out if all the fat was sfa/mufa?
Theoretically you could burn fat in the fasting state and if you would eat a high carb low fat meal as your one meal per day, you would almost exclusively oxidize glucose. And the insulin response would lower the circulating free fatty acids from the previous fasting.

But OMAD is still very stressful for the body.

Dapose

Forum Supporter

I’m not a Randle cycle expert at all but check out The Energy Balance Podcast for a detailed breakdown of that.
On Omad my observation of that way of eating is that it was developed as a diet strategy for warriors. Aka the warrior diet.
Warriors were for good or bad going off to battle… and possibly die. They were in a sense on a survival diet.
Diet advantages were to lean out, be strong and focused, and fight whoever the hell was in your way.
In my opinion no one should be on a warrior diet unless they want to be at war with the world around them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals