Open wound in temple area. Help!

Sascha6990

I got a pretty ugly wound in my temple area (edit: brow arch to be more exact) a couple of hours ago. Bleeding has now almost stopped. The area is swollen and started bruising.

What should I do in order to prevent clots, aid in healing and minimise scarring? I have progesterone, vit K, vit D, B1, B2, niacinamide, ascorbic acid, red light.

Edit: People suggested I also do a CT scan.

Last edited:

Momma

Cleanse it. Ice it. Reevaluate.

ThinPicking

ascorbic acid
Ms Sascha, the ascorbic acid alone in systemic doses and as a topical preparation could be very helpful.

For a topical preparation you'd just need to be careful with what's holding it in solution before the wound closes. It may be a good idea to just mix it with distilled water at a concentration around 20% and you'd need to pH check so it's 4.0 or under. Then you can dab on tiny amounts (carefully, don't let it get in your eyes) or soak a dressing pad in it and dab that over the wound.

You could keep doing this all the way through the healing process to speed it up and minimise the chance it will scar.

Last edited:
OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

Ms Sascha, the ascorbic acid alone in systemic doses and as a topical preparation could be very helpful.

For a topical preparation you'd just need to be careful with what's holding it in solution before the wound closes. It may be a good idea to just mix it with distilled water at a concentration around 20% and you'd need to pH check so it's under 4.0 or under. Then you can dab on tiny amounts (carefully, don't let it get in your eyes) or soak a dressing pad in it and dab that over the wound.

You could keep doing this all the way through the healing process to speed it up and minimise the chance it will scar.

Yass, thank you so much! I already took like 3 grams of it when I got home, along with some oj for better absorption.

Now I'm thinking of sealing it with something to use the co2 the skin is producing. I've read in some other threads about gelatine aiding in wound healing. Also honey. What would you suggest I try first?

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

Depends how you got the wound. Fell off your bike and hit the floor? At least present to a clinician for exam.
Exactly, it was quite brutal, a crowd gathered around me and they didn't wanna let me see it but I immediately pulled out a mirror. It isn't that bad, my brain isn't showing, lol, but it looks quite deep. I am also thinking of taking some aspirin.

ThinPicking

Yass, thank you so much! I already took like 3 grams of it when I got home, along with some oj for better absorption.

Now I'm thinking of sealing it with something to use the co2 the skin is producing. I've read in some other threads about gelatine aiding in wound healing. Also honey. What would you suggest I try first?
I can't comment so well on other methods Ms. It's just that I've used vitamin C topically and systemically for a wound or two before and had some success. It looks like you're on good lines of thought with the other things.

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

I can't comment so well on other methods Ms. It's just that I've used vitamin C topically and systemically for a wound or two before and had some success. It looks like you're on good lines of thought with the other things.
I appreciate your help, thank you!

:M :B.

I have heard ray mention Urea mixed into Juice is good for brain injury, I would clean a wound with saline solution and apply sugar, or sugar mixed with honey and keep it sealed with whatever you can think of using. Sounds like your wound is in a touch spot to completely seal over it. Keep oxygen out 100% if possible. I've heard progesterone not great for healing wounds as you need the estrogen and other stress things to happen naturally as a wound heals. So pregnenolone mixed in something, olive oil or whatever would be a good thing, that way it can turn into whatever it will. I've used pregnenolone on things and it is awesome. Knocked out a bee sting almost immediatly. Taking Aspirin seems good.

I do not believe icing is good as it dampers the metabolic processes, but I am not totally sure. I think topical Pregnenolone would speed up taking the swelling down.

Momma

Aspirin is a blood thinner. Ice helps swelling focally.

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

I have heard ray mention Urea mixed into Juice is good for brain injury, I would clean a wound with saline solution and apply sugar, or sugar mixed with honey and keep it sealed with whatever you can think of using. Sounds like your wound is in a touch spot to completely seal over it. Keep oxygen out 100% if possible. I've heard progesterone not great for healing wounds as you need the estrogen and other stress things to happen naturally as a wound heals. So pregnenolone mixed in something, olive oil or whatever would be a good thing, that way it can turn into whatever it will. I've used pregnenolone on things and it is awesome. Knocked out a bee sting almost immediatly. Taking Aspirin seems good.

I do not believe icing is good as it dampers the metabolic processes, but I am not totally sure. I think topical Pregnenolone would speed up taking the swelling down.
Awesome, thank you! Btw, regarding the stress response, I could feel the adrenaline taking over me immediately after falling but as soon as I could I drank some salted and sweetened oj and some salted yoghurt in order to lower stress hormones and it worked. Do you think it was a bad idea?
My intuition also tells me not to put ice. My body seems to want to heat up that area, why would I nullify its efforts by artificially cooling it...

:M :B.

Awesome, thank you! Btw, regarding the stress response, I could feel the adrenaline taking over me immediately after falling but as soon as I could I drank some salted and sweetened oj and some salted yoghurt in order to lower stress hormones and it worked. Do you think it was a bad idea?
My intuition also tells me not to put ice. My body seems to want to heat up that area, why would I nullify its efforts by artificially cooling it...
i've heard Ray say it can take a LOT of sugar to lower stress. Probably a great idea what you did. I think sealing it from oxygen relentlessly until it heals would be great. Not sure what the best way to do that is.

Did you hear ray's story about people who got a finger chopped off and it regrew in a couple weeks because they stuck a cigar tube or pen cap over the finger and kept it sealed off? trapped in the co2 (prenatal environment) allows the regeneration signals to happen.

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

i've heard Ray say it can take a LOT of sugar to lower stress. Probably a great idea what you did. I think sealing it from oxygen relentlessly until it heals would be great. Not sure what the best way to do that is.

Did you hear ray's story about people who got a finger chopped off and it regrew in a couple weeks because they stuck a cigar tube or pen cap over the finger and kept it sealed off? trapped in the co2 (prenatal environment) allows the regeneration signals to happen.
Wow!!!! No, I haven't but will look it up. Amazing. Thank you. Regarding sealing, any ointment containing some beeswax should do a great job. I made one that is just olive oil, beeswax, honey and propolis, will use it.

frannybananny

I appreciate your help, thank you!
I have found that after a certain amount of healing has taken place and the would isn't as deep anymore that one drop of methylene blue topically will dry it up and help the wound to close....every few days. They actually use this in hospitals on stubborn oozy wounds.

This is just what worked for me, I am not a medical professional.

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

Update

I found a method which seems great for sealing the wound. After applying my ointment (ingredients: olive oil, beeswax, propolis and honey) I put a piece of cling film, lay it perfectly flat and then cut around.

I am taking vitamin C, about 5g/day, along with orange juice. I tried applying it topically on a compress and keeping it for 15 minutes but the wound formed a hard crust. I didn't like that as everywhere you look on the internet it says that keeping wounds moist is one of the keys to minimise scarring.

Swelling in the temple has gone down, both in intensity and location, lol. Now my brow arch is more swollen. I Also started bruising a bit. I will continue with 1g aspirin per day and about 20 drops Kuinone (mk4 from IdeaLabs). It's painful but I can still raise that eyebrow. I take it as an indication my muscles have been minimally affected.

Nutritionally, I plan on getting a lot of collagen. I will make an oxtail soup and also osso buco (which is made with shanks). Besides that I go on with my usual diet (cheese, raw milk, orange juice, seasonal fruits - strawberries atm, honey or sugar, chocolate, some eggs, some occasional starch).

I need your opinion on whether should I change the cling film or not. If so, how often. My intuition tells me not to change it at all until healing.

Momma

If you’re at a drugstore- pick up some tegaderm. Around 9$ and better than cling wrap albeit more expensive. But you will have to change it less often and it’s sterile, so that’s a plus.

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

If you’re at a drugstore- pick up some tegaderm. Around 9$ and better than cling wrap albeit more expensive. But you will have to change it less often and it’s sterile, so that’s a plus.
Thank you. I just looked it up. I don't think I will get it as it says it "allows skin to breathe" and is "air permeable". Edit: It seems its permeability is only one way, from the skin out. Will do more research on it.

Keeping oxygen out is the goal here, which plastic wrap (main component is polyvinyl chloride - PVC) does a good job at. The only thing that bothers me is the potential leaching of other components from it into my blood stream, but knowing it doesn't usually contain phtalates or BPA, I deemed the benefits outweigh the risks. I will avoid sun on the area because of the same reason.

Last edited:

ThinPicking

I am taking vitamin C, about 5g/day, along with orange juice. I tried applying it topically on a compress and keeping it for 15 minutes but the wound formed a hard crust. I didn't like that as everywhere you look on the internet it says that keeping wounds moist is one of the keys to minimise scarring.
Whatever you feel is best for you is good Ms Sascha. I'm just coming back for a follow up comment in case there's others considering any of these methods.

What forms over the wound site can be thought of as a natural hydrocolloid plaster, underneath there would be moisture and epithelial proliferation without much contraction of the wound edges, at a faster rate than an absence of the locally applied ascorbic acid. Continual reapplication would still reach the dermis via the scab/"crust", its edges and the surrounding skin. The concentration, pH and carrier (particularly in the early stages) in an earlier comment are key to the process.

There are a few possible types of scar and the body can continue to remodel them. So the process can be continued past the point the wound's actually closed, at which point a basic moisturiser of some kind could be the carrier (concentration and pH still matter a lot).

It's a tricky time because I know it's hard not to be anxious a scar will form and never go away. But the process around the healing of a wound is actually an amazing thing. As much cellular proliferation around the edges of a wound as quickly as possible, without too much contraction will make all the difference.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals