P_G Doesn't Know What She's Doing, But She Sure Is Trying!

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Amazoniac said:
I don't know if he's going to be jealous..

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially heartbreaking news, but I'm pretty sure pboy cares a lot less about what you think of him than you realize ;D

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

[quote="Jennifer]No self-esteem boosting required. [/quote]

Yeah right! ;p
Or could it be that you're getting your very own self esteem boosting on the side outside this forum? ;P

javacody

Peat's_Girl said:
That worshiping didn't last very long ;D
But I can't stand in the way of true love. My sheer presence on forums seems to bring people together.
At the very least I expect to be thanked officially during the wedding vows ;D

This is an appropriate 80's R&B for the both of you:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4aRxH_6QV04

That's a great song P_G. You will always be my special flower. But alas! You belong to another. Surely you do not expect me to wither away upon the vine pining for you?

This thread needs some Lionel Richie, by the way.

And some Temple of the Dog.

Last edited by a moderator:

javacody

Peat's_Girl said:
[quote="Jennifer]No self-esteem boosting required.

Yeah right! ;p
Or could it be that you're getting your very own self esteem boosting on the side outside this forum? ;P[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Wait, wut?

HENNIFER?!?

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:

Yeah right! ;p
Or could it be that you're getting your very own self esteem boosting on the side outside this forum? ;P[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Mmmmm...my self-esteem booster! Wait, what?! :mrgreen:

javacody

Jennifer said:
Peat's_Girl said:

Yeah right! ;p
Or could it be that you're getting your very own self esteem boosting on the side outside this forum? ;P
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Mmmmm...my self-esteem booster! Wait, what?! :mrgreen:[/quote][/quote][/quote]

It's battery operated? :eek

Jennifer

javacody said:
Jennifer said:
Peat's_Girl said:

Yeah right! ;p
[/quote][/quote]
Mmmmm...my self-esteem booster! Wait, what?! :mrgreen:[/quote][/quote][/quote]

It's battery operated? :eek[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Battery operated? No way! He gets his charge from moi! Hehe!

pboy

not gon watch that vid Jennifer but that image is amazing, wherever that is...im gon go there

amazoniac dope

Jennifer

pboy said:
not gon watch that vid Jennifer but that image is amazing, wherever that is...im gon go there
I just pulled a random song off of YouTube that had worship in the title so I can't tell you where that first frame is from. But if you like that, google The Basin, Flume Gorge and Franconia Notch all in Lincoln, NH. They're incredibly beautiful!

The Basin

Flume Gorge

Franconia Notch

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 513
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 514
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 511

pboy

yea wow...thanks jenn

theres almost nothing better than letting your eyes breath to a beautiful landscape...long distance, while comfortable. Really gets the spirit awake also

don't mean to get off topic, but...im beginning to think a lot of why people cant seem to think in a higher level in our society...why people tend to not have any spirit anymore..many people, is that their eyes never really breath properly. Ive been noticing recently when im in a place of a pure panoramic long view of something beautiful like that...it just is very healing, and soothing, and everything from forehead to torso and lungs totally relax. I think in a big way the eyes being tense actually causes tension throughout the body. Being indoors or only looking through tinted windows ..or at fences and stuff, really is a big problem!

(you guys can keep going with what you're doing here, lol, don't mind me...I wont interrupt the rythmn of it)

javacody

pboy said:
yea wow...thanks jenn

theres almost nothing better than letting your eyes breath to a beautiful landscape...long distance, while comfortable. Really gets the spirit awake also

don't mean to get off topic, but...im beginning to think a lot of why people cant seem to think in a higher level in our society...why people tend to not have any spirit anymore..many people, is that their eyes never really breath properly. Ive been noticing recently when im in a place of a pure panoramic long view of something beautiful like that...it just is very healing, and soothing, and everything from forehead to torso and lungs totally relax. I think in a big way the eyes being tense actually causes tension throughout the body. Being indoors or only looking through tinted windows ..or at fences and stuff, really is a big problem!

(you guys can keep going with what you're doing here, lol, don't mind me...I wont interrupt the rythmn of it)

Actually, one suggestion I read for relaxing was to try to focus your vision on 8 different points around you. I'm not explaining it well, but that unfocused staring or gazing I think does lend itself to reflective thought. Similar to zen meditation.

I think it's more the need to be constantly doing. We're addicted to activity, noise, and movement.

Many people don't have a single quiet moment in their day when they sit down, do nothing, and just be.

pboy

I know what you mean cody, its something I first noticed on cannabis a while back but now its just like built into my wiring. It seems like you're not focusing on anything, which is very hard to actually do for most people, but at the same time, you're focused on everything. Even when im driving or reading its kind of a non focus focus, and you can better sense the 360 dimensions around you. Really its about relaxing the eyes, and its kinda connected to your forehead and temple areas and even the...back crown kinda area of your head. Its a lot easier to do when you have long distance in nature and nothing really triggering your focus, but you can train yourself...to just be like that almost all of the time. The thing is some people will think it looks like you're being lazy with focus, but really its a keen awareness of everything around you without one single thing occupying attention. Better athletes probably to an extent develop that. Im to the point now where it might sound weird to many, I wonder how I appear to other people, but im almost in my head feeling whats around me without actually seeing it, my eyes are open but im totally unware of a particular focus. Things like this really make you (made me) realize how intentions, tensions, actually just get in the way. The more you total relax and let your body autopilot itself, subconsciously, and just let motions and things well up, the better your life is, and the better it functions, quicker reaction, better accuracy, no fluff in words just right out form the heart, and the more aware you are of everything, needles dropping and the tiniest of movements

sorry PG! I guess the take home message is find ways to totally relax your head and eyes and just let your lower bodies breath, being in nature is huge.

Another huge way to do this, you'll notice a difference in how you feel if you pay attention, just look at the sky...but focus on it, as if you are trying to see a person walking in the clouds...actually focus on the sky, and you'll be highly captivated, and when you go back to looking around you and your day, for a little bit, you'll feel a sense of natural serene relaxation

Everything is energy......go with the flow. Becoming one with my surroundings in nature....it's like being invisible and allowing energy to flow through you. So hard to put into words....but for me, NATURE IS THE SOURCE.

javacody

pboy said:
I know what you mean cody, its something I first noticed on cannabis a while back but now its just like built into my wiring. It seems like you're not focusing on anything, which is very hard to actually do for most people, but at the same time, you're focused on everything. Even when im driving or reading its kind of a non focus focus, and you can better sense the 360 dimensions around you. Really its about relaxing the eyes, and its kinda connected to your forehead and temple areas and even the...back crown kinda area of your head. Its a lot easier to do when you have long distance in nature and nothing really triggering your focus, but you can train yourself...to just be like that almost all of the time. The thing is some people will think it looks like you're being lazy with focus, but really its a keen awareness of everything around you without one single thing occupying attention. Better athletes probably to an extent develop that. Im to the point now where it might sound weird to many, I wonder how I appear to other people, but im almost in my head feeling whats around me without actually seeing it, my eyes are open but im totally unware of a particular focus. Things like this really make you (made me) realize how intentions, tensions, actually just get in the way. The more you total relax and let your body autopilot itself, subconsciously, and just let motions and things well up, the better your life is, and the better it functions, quicker reaction, better accuracy, no fluff in words just right out form the heart, and the more aware you are of everything, needles dropping and the tiniest of movements

sorry PG! I guess the take home message is find ways to totally relax your head and eyes and just let your lower bodies breath, being in nature is huge.

Another huge way to do this, you'll notice a difference in how you feel if you pay attention, just look at the sky...but focus on it, as if you are trying to see a person walking in the clouds...actually focus on the sky, and you'll be highly captivated, and when you go back to looking around you and your day, for a little bit, you'll feel a sense of natural serene relaxation

You explained it perfectly pboy.

The way I look at it, is that our brains are like a multi-processor computer. Your logical, thinking, voice-in-the-head self is only a small part of your computing ability. You have a super computer constantly taking in data and analyzing it very quickly. Much more quickly that your forebrain can process and react. Tuning into this supercomputer is essential to having a good life, in my opinion. I think this supercomputer is more than just the rest of your brain, I think it is your whole physical self. In fact, I think it may be even more than that. But we don't have much science that proves that we are nodes in a universally networked system. :ugeek:

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

All right, Am, Pboy had me at "breathe with your eyes". I'm an official convert! :bow

Pboy, no worries about writing long, inspirational thoughts on my log. Your beautiful mind is always welcome here and without you Amazoniac will turn to Korean jesus and stray from the enlightened path!

http://image.blingee.com/images19/conte ... 7723.gif?4

Jen, you know who I mean. Battery powered? More like milk-powered! But that's the best kind! ;D
A strong, handsome figure with bicycle-pedaling skills to rival that kid from E.T.! ;D

Oh Cody, if you wither and die the entire female population will suffer! I can't have that! I've taken TBP under my wings (LOL), trying to find her a man worthy of her awesonimity and now my quest is finally complete!
Please set an example for the meek lovers (ahm ahm Jen) who shy away from IRL dating, and get together for some coffee >;D
Ray Peat needs a love connection section and it can start with two single parents with a killer taste in music!

Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

(Hehe I colour-coded you guys ;D)

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Update!

OK, sorry to interject in the middle of this union of the minds but before my excitement dissipates I gotta write down what I'm doing and what's working.

Yesterday was a scrumptious day! (Callooh! Callay!)

It was St. Jean-Baptiste day, which here in Frog-Land is a big, big deal (aptly enough a bigger deal than Canada day because the bastards refuse to acknowledge that they're not a stand-alone country).
On such occasions the French like to do absolutely nothing. So everything is usually closed; malls, stores, restaurants. Yep. Brilliant idea to close all sources of entertainment, but nobody likes to work here and the notion that "everyone doesn't work=everything is closed" is too complicated of a concept (too much work leads to rioting and striking, which happen every few months or so).

Luckily we stumbled on the Jean-Talon farmer's market and it was in full working bloom!
Most of the meat is overpriced, so it was sad to see all the empty butcheries where grass-fed meat was rotting in the display for 35$ a pound... But we got tons of samples! Including this "natural" cola made with maple syrup! Not bad, but overpriced.

The Peat gods must have smiled on us (thanks PBoy ;D) 'cause I found a basket of farm-fresh and fragrant strawberries for 2$!!! As well as some orchard apples for 1$! WOO HOO!

And better yet, as if by the beneolvent hand of God, we took a turn through a spice-shop that sold...
*drum roll*
THE MOST DECEDANT PEAT-FRIENDLY CONCOCTION KNOWN TO MAN!
These jars of virgin coconut "jams". The main ingredients are organic virgin coconut oil, organic coconut milk, and organic coconut nectar.
There are 3 flavours: mango, vanilla and chocolate (with raw cocoa). I got the cocoa one and it tastes a little like date jam but more chocolatey and buttery. Very yum with apples!

(They also sold some local honey, so pics pending for my lovely honey-phile Jen! ;D)

When we exited the store with a bunch of spices and a jar of the coconut spread we saw this Mexican store/ restaurant. And guess what? They sold Mexican coke in huge 1L glass bottles! So my Mexican-Coke cherry was popped! ;D
Take me into your accepting arms PEAPLE! I'm officially a PEATISH PERSON!

(Those things are made from such hard glass, that in a bar brawl you'd be safer to get those than beer ;D)

Anyway, they also sold chicarones but they weren't the good kind that had the meat still attached (mostly puff) so I let my BF have them all. (Plus they were not white-people spicy but spicy-spicy ;D)
Anyway, good finds and lots of sunshine!

So far, I've lost around 3LBs. Which is a good start! I fluctuate if I eat out something non-Peaty on the weekend but at least my set-point weight is lower.

Here's what I've been doing (the key is consistency):

Upon waking up: T3 (grain) + 100mg caffeine (works better than T3 alone) +3d. of Progest-E
Lunch time: (When I start feeling a bit tired again) T3 (grain) + 100mg caffeine +3d. of Progest-E
Before bed: 3d. of Progest-E (but A LOT more if I can't fall asleep right away) + 500mg-1g of aspirin, something super fatty like panna cotta, a few TBSP of mascarpone, coconut spread (because just cheese isn't enough).

I have coffee extract 1/3c + 2/3 milk + 3-6tsp. sugar too.

What I've learned:
Sleep and sun are THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN THE WORLD.
I used to think it was diet but my diet has been pretty good for a while and no weight-loss happened.
Without sun I cannot sleep at night and I have to work really hard on making sure I fall asleep, even if I have to dose myself with PE and sleeping pills (which I don't like to do).

Lately my skin has been healing. I think my fat intake has to be 100g per day at least in order for me to start healing again. (Thanks Jen for pointing that out!) My cat scratches started healing after 3 weeks of dormancy! It seems that unlike some of you here, my body thrives on lots of fat. Could be my ancestry (Ukies eat fatty dairy and lots of pork fat) or the fact I've been Paleoish for 5 years and I'm still mainly a fat-burner.

I do digest sugar just fine now, and if I don't have it with my meal I feel a bit off. Maybe things will change later on in the game, in which case you'll be the first to know!

I still breakout under my chin and jawline (hormonal) and I feel like PE isn't working as well as it once did.
But at least Im 99% sure it's not dairy anymore.

The weird thing is I got a little tanned after being in the sun but within a few days the tan went away.
What could that mean?

Anyway, that's all I have to report. I'm looking forward to your thoughts!

I'm attaching like an average day for me in terms of eating and macros on Crono. (But most days my calories are actually as high as 2,300. Luckily I still managed to lose some weight. Hope it continues!)

XOXOXOXOXOX

Attachments

• CRON-O-Meter.pdf
    305.3 KB · Views: 57

javacody

I too seem to do better with more saturated fat. I've been eating full fat cheddar and my metabolism has been rocking.

You can't absorb A, D, E, or K without fat. So it may be that we REALLY need those nutrients to heal.

Congrats on your sexy, I mean success.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals