Parmigiano reggiano

Bash___

How much parmigiano reggiano is too much, generally? It occurred to me that lately 25%-40% of my daily protein intake comes from the cheese. Should I cut back?

bluefish

I just watched a clip of joe rogan talking w jujitsu champ Mikey Musumeci.. (who is hilarious)... they were discussing his diet. He apparently gets basically all his protein from cheese.

He just eats home made pizza and pasta , once a day. and is totally ripped and an ultra elite athlete ... so, go figure.

lvysaur

IMO it's too much because of the free glutamates and being a processed (bacterially/fungally) food

If I were going to get protein from cheese, I would eat paneer, ricotta, and other fresh cheeses, and use the aged ones as a condiment

Blossom

Forum Supporter
IMO it's too much because of the free glutamates and being a processed (bacterially/fungally) food

If I were going to get protein from cheese, I would eat paneer, ricotta, and other fresh cheeses, and use the aged ones as a condiment
I second this.

tastyfood

I would watch for the fat content too. You can easily get into too much fat territory from eating a lot of cheese. Otherwise it is a great choice, packed with calcium and salt.

bluefish

I would watch for the fat content too. You can easily get into too much fat territory from eating a lot of cheese. Otherwise it is a great choice, packed with calcium and salt.
Yeah…
I was just checking the Cronometer today, with the cheese I am eating. And noticed exactly the same things.

The fat adds up very quickly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals