Peat + Old School Bodybuilding? An Experimental Quest

blackface

This is Joel Kellett who claims to be natty (and i believe him) hes one of the better, if not best natty physiques on Instagram
He physique showcases the power of the natural tan for the natural bodybuilder, he wouldn't look nearly as good if he was pasty white
View attachment 38439View attachment 38440View attachment 38441
Bro, this dude is not a natty. Sorry to burst your bubble. He has too much muscle mass for his frame. And also someone who wants to look like Arnold has to take the same Dbol as Arnold....

Sapien

10. "The exercise utilizes an optimally beneficial resistance curve—providing more resistance during the early part of the range of motion (when the muscle is more elongated and stronger), and less resistance during the latter part of the range of motion (when the muscle is more contracted and less strong). This allows the “resistance curve” of the exercise to match the “strength curve” of the skeletal muscle, which is optimally productive."

His statement here is just plain wrong and goes against the entire concept of nautilus equipment.

chapter 7 of "natilus bullitin one" 'cam action" states "muscles are weakest in their extended positions, and strongest in their fully contracted position; a muscle works by shortening, exerting a pulling force as it contracts –and its strength level increases as it changes position from an extended to a contracted position"

Hard to take this guy seriously when he does not understand this basic fact...
he probably got confused by the fact that some exercises can have ascending strength curves( some are descending, some are ascending, some are bell shaped) and applied that to all exercise, but that is due to factors such as gravity, the fact that its a compound lift etc. The basic premise of natilus equipment is that a muscle is strongest in its contracted position

Sapien

Bro, this dude is not a natty. Sorry to burst your bubble. He has too much muscle mass for his frame. And also someone who wants to look like Arnold has to take the same Dbol as Arnold....

I HOPE ALL FAKE NATTIES DIE OF A$$ CANCER

Sapien

anyways doug brignole talks about and expands on all of the mentzer/jones stuff. trust me doug brignole is the final boss of bodybuilding information.
dont compare this shmuck to Mentzer or Jones ever again, he doesn't even understand the most fundamental concept of nautilus equipment. Also, I don't "trust" anything, I Perceive Think Act.

im sorry to say but you are retarded

Sapien

I watched one of Joells interviews and he said he trains twice a day, that alone is proof to me that he is indeed not natural. Just no way to recover from that type of training naturally

Sapien

im sorry to say but you are retarded
great rebuttal, very logical indeed. Do you disagree with the fact that he is mistaken in his assertation that muscles are stronger when lengthened, and weaker when contracted?

(edit, realized you were probably talking to blackface?)

Last edited:

For me, I’m kinda feeling that milk is the elixir of life, food wise.

It’s done so many positive things for me. Consistently drinking milk has kept my weight stable and my temperature high. I never used to be a milk drinker, but after Peating, and the influence of my husband who has always been a big milk drinker, it’s part of my morning ritual.

it’s like milk, where have you been all my life? Milk love ❤️💗💓💖 😁

Hi! Following with interest. I am a woman and I love lifting weights, I have time in the forum but I do not find much information here about women and muscles.
Just stumbled onto this 1951 article about "gaining definition" by Reg Park. Some may call it pseudoscience (or 'bro science,' better yet), but IMO it's kind of intuitive!

I bolded some parts that sounded especially Peaty, and highlighted in this color parts that remind me of the 'Temperature Reset' many members here have done:

~ ~ ~

"Overeating must be avoided at all costs. Eat until you feel your hunger allayed, but never eat for the sake of eating. You can perform no finer exercise than pushing yourself away from the table. DON’T OVERDRINK. In fact cut down as much as possible on liquids, confining your liquid intake to juicy fruits and vegetables and SMALL glasses of fruit and vegetable juice. Don’t drink during your workouts no matter how thirsty you may feel. Instead, keep a lemon handy and suck it or rub it across the tongue. All types of alcoholic drinks are out AT ALL TIMES. This goes for smoking too. Under normal circumstances a cigarette or two does no harm, but the program required to induce definition is of the endurance type and poor wind lessons the ability to carry such a schedule out efficiently.

It is also important to see that the organs of elimination . . . the skin and the bowels . . . function freely and naturally. The use of purgatives is strictly advised against. Instead, rely on natural means to regulate the bowels. A dish of prunes on rising, a glass of lemon juice and hot water in equal quantities, will do much to promote healthy bowel action. All kinds of citrus fruits, as well as sun-dried fruits are good. During your workouts wear a thick track suit so that you can sweat freely. After your workout is finished take a shower as hot as you can bear it and rub yourself down briskly with a towel as rough as you can obtain.

During the summer months you will find that sunbathing does much to take the excess liquid out of your system. You sweat freely, rid the body of the wastes resulting from your previous workout, and acquire a coat of tan that in itself helps create the impression of greater definition than you possess.

After your workout take a good rubdown with that rough towel and massage the muscles. Massage, like exercise, tends to normalcy. Especially work hard on those areas that show signs of flabbiness and fat. In your actual exercise schedule make certain that not only do you use basic exercises, but others that take care of the little-known and used muscle groups. In other words, not only are the sets and reps important, but the quantity of exercises too . . . VARIETY of muscle movements."

That sounds like really good advice. They knew what they were talking about in the 1950’s before big pharma and erroneous health gurus advice took hold later on.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Micro Update

The more I let go of how I look, the better my physique gets. Up to about 185 pounds now - fatter than ever lol. Rarely hungry so drinking lots of milk.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Micro Update Pt. II

Still enjoying a calisthenics-heavy approach. Working on grip strength and other fun stuff, too.

blackface

@OccamzRazer Hey man, do you still eat a lot of fats? How is your weight going, are you still struggling to gain? I remeber you were eating like 4K+ calories.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

@OccamzRazer Hey man, do you still eat a lot of fats? How is your weight going, are you still struggling to gain? I remeber you were eating like 4K+ calories.
Hola, yes!

Currently eating about

- 1/2 gallon raw milk
- A dozen eggs
- A pound of oxtail
- A pound of fatty fish

...and snacks of fruit each day.

Weighing mid-180s and seem kind of stuck here, but power is going up and I'm content with it 🙌

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals