PEATING For One RECIPES

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A deficiency of copper causes our tissues to retain an excess of iron, so foods such as shrimp and oysters which contain abundant copper should be used regularly." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
LIVER TACO

View attachment 60642
Liver is the one food I have had a strong dislike for since early childhood. My parents made us eat it once a week, well at least they tried with me. I have been a great source of entertainment telling my stories of how I got rid of the liver off of my plate and other ways of how I outwitted my parents.

In wanting to do better for myself, and since learning from Ray Peat that liver has so much to offer, I set out choking down a lot of liver over my last 6+ years. I found that pairing it with a tequila martini and extra onion and bacon worked well when I ordered it in a restaurant, because really it was the most optimal dish on the menu, but with liver too much vitamin A, copper and iron was not an optimal choice. So I found a couple of ways I actually like liver, and that is in my homemade pate and my liver taco. I keep my liver consumption to Ray Peat’s recommended 3 to 4 ounces a week, and I like to divide that into two different days, keeping my shellfish for zinc separated by a couple of days. I had been remiss in eating my live this past year, because it was not easy to prepare buying it from my local health food store in a tub frozen rock solid, but the other night I found one grass-fed and portioned for easy use!

View attachment 60643
So I cut one in half, and then in tiny pieces. I cooked my masa tortillas in a little butter till soft, then put it on a plate and salted it. I gathered my ingredients, and got my onion cut into slivers, and picked a few sprigs of cilantro from my garden, and prepared myself a really quick taco.
View attachment 60644
I heated up a little beef fat, that I drained off from browning ground beef or from making short ribs and had frozen, and tossed in my liver bits. I quickly added some dried powdered cumin and some smoked salt and cooked for barely a minute.

View attachment 60645
I assembled my taco with the liver, mango habanero hot sauce, my onion slivers and cilantro and had it gone in four bites, and it was tasty! Be sure not to cook the liver till dried out or it will get that awful liver taste. My son made my mango hot sauce, but using a fresh made salsa using fresh mango instead of tomatoes would be so good too! Regular salsa or a hot sauce and sour cream combo would also be a good alternative.
"Yes, beef liver has so much of the oily vitamins that it just takes an occasional meal to meet those requirements generously. The charts have stopped giving its vitamin E content, and rarely mention vitamin K, but it's very good for those. Charts still don't reflect the intracellular (lipid soluble dehydro-) form of vitamin C, but liver is a good source of that too." Ray Peat e-mail exchange

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Shrimp, Cream Cheese, Parmesan
& Hot Peppers Stuffed Portobello Mushroom

1706305856663.png

This lunch today was just using what was on hand. I gathered whatever little peppers I happened to have in my gardens, shishito, poblano and little purple jalapeño kind of ones. I had 7 wild shrimps, and chopped up four of them to put in the mushroom.
1706305677977.jpeg

I put in my chopped shrimps in a bowl along with some chopped onions and chopped peppers and salted all three. I blopped in some cream cheese and some grated Parmesan and mixed it all together. At this point you could add some herbs or some lemon zest, or even chopped garlic, but I kept mine simple.
1706305699161.jpeg

I used a serrated grapefruit spoon to scrape out the dirty underside of my mushroom, rubbed the other side with a little olive oil and filled it with the shrimp mixture and sprinkled a little extra Parmesan on top. I put the mushroom on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and rubbed my extra three shrimps with olive oil and put them on the baking sheet as well, and baked it all in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
1706305720110.jpeg

“Shellfish provide trace minerals that are often lacking from other foods. Mercury content is high in the big (old) fish, but not in the small shellfish or small fish such as cod and sole. " -Ray Peat

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]

OP
Rinse & rePeat
For further updates on the recipes at raymendeat.com I can be found on Instagram @raymendeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Consider this a different kind of masa made taco, butter sautéed wild shrimp and green onion with buttered hominy…

1707270339528.jpeg

I have been liking buttered hominy lately. I think of it as a better masa tortilla, since it has no additives and it isn’t dry needing frying. So I thought I would pair it with my zinc, aka shrimp.
1707273548247.jpeg

It was pretty quick and easy. In a frying pan, over medium high heat, on one side I heated up half the butter (seen on my spoon) and added to it the white part of the green onion and the shrimp. On the other side I added in the rest of the butter and a handful of hominy.
1707273834882.jpeg

I let the shrimp cook until the tops got almost completely pink, and then turned them over. I stirred the hominy and butter together until the hominy started breaking down into the pan.

1707274018077.jpeg

After I put everything on my plate, I topped the shrimp with the green part of the green onion, and the hominy with more chopped cilantro (than is shown), salsa, sour cream and hot sauce. It took all of ten minutes to make this!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals