Peating made me fat. Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) is reversing it

ddjd

Some of you may have seen my many posts complaining about seemingly estrogenic effects of many "peaty" supplements.
Over the last almost 10 years peating, these substances have caused significant weight gain;

Somehow it's taken me this long to experiment properly with vitamin K1.

It has an immediate and amazingly positive effect;

- huge reduction in bloating and abdominal fat feels like fat is almost melting off (I know that sounds crazy. 3 kilos lost in 3 days)
- dopaminergic
- huge energy increase
- desire to do exercise again (aspirin and T3 destroy my proactivity)
- positive social effects

My assumption is that aspirin is the main culprit here as it increases the bodies need for vitamin k1.
"Vitamin K1 is preferentially retained in the liver to assist in the carboxylation (activation) of the vitamin K-dependent clotting factors (II, VII, IX, X) that are essential for blood coagulation"

But I wouldn't be surprised if T3, progesterone and the rest of them are also somehow indirectly depleting k1 levels.

Within the context of the Garrett Smith approach, many aspects of which I am also implementing with good effects (although I am not avoiding natural vit A in foods- I believe his concern is way overblown).
Saying this, I strongly suspect Vitamin K1 can balance any possible negative effects of vit A supplements far better than K2.
I have extensively experimented with both MK7 and MK4 with nowhere near these effects of k1 phylloquinone.

Remember also that vitamin K1 can easily convert into the very desirable K2 MK4.

For anyone with weight gain issues through peating who is also supplementing regular aspirin, or has NAFLD I would highly recommend experimenting with vitamin k1.

Phylloquinone is the form of k1 you want. NOT phytonadione. Solaray do an effective tablet although it does contain dodgy excipients.

PopSocket

You have a nice little theory there and glad it is working for you but I doubt you got the full picture. I wish it was this easy. I too thought it could be some deficiency or metabolic issue.

Just because something might act as an antidote or give good results short term does not mean that the poison is still not doing damage or won't do its damage in the future.

The only way to know is to give the low vA diet a try for several months and see for yourself. Anything other than direct experience is lala theory land type of thinking.

Might update us in 1 year from now to see how it goes and whether Phylloquinone is the answer ( :

docall18

Ya, I find Vitamin K is good as described. I use Kuinone. I believe it helps utilise blood sugar and prevents insulin resistance. Caffeine pills also have similar effects for me.

Peat recommended foods and thyroid, aspirin etc gave me fatty liver and weight gain. The K2/caffeine helps burn up all the ingested sugars properly.

Both caffeine & K2 also increase dopamine, which can balance out serotonin.

lvysaur

Phylloquinone is the form of k1 you want. NOT phytonadione.
the K supplement that gave me the best results was a LifeExtension combined complex back in 2016. You can probably find my posts about it.

It contained Phytonadione, as well as MK-7 and MK-4. I don't know if Phylloquinone would have a similar or even superior effect.
Other MK-4 and MK-7 supplements which lacked phytonadione/K1 (including Thorne) never hit the same way. However, the LifeExtension gave me slightly sluggish energy in the immediate term (first few hours). But it improved the day after.

I take MUCH less vitamin K now (once every three months), and it's a different brand with only K2, and it doesn't give me those effects (actually has no effect whatsoever).
However, I still get sudden gonial changes in response to sunlight or redlight, which never happened before taking the K supps from 2016. I think the supplements I took in 2016, as well as the aspirins I took back then, have permanently changed my body (in a good way). It's as if my body held onto the "memory" of what those supplements did, and was able to imitate it long after the supplements were discontinued, albeit to a lesser extent. My gonial angle can shift very quickly, and I can also suddenly enter an "aspirin state" despite not taking aspirin since 2020.

Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

the K supplement that gave me the best results was a LifeExtension combined complex back in 2016. You can probably find my posts about it.

It contained Phytonadione. As well as MK-7 and MK-4. Other isolated MK-4 and MK-7 supplements (including Thorne) never hit the same way. However, the LifeExtension gave me a slightly sluggish energy in the immediate term (first few hours). It improved after a day though

I take MUCH less vitamin K now (once every two months), and it's a different brand with only K2, and it doesn't give me those effects (actually has no perceived effect whatsoever).
However, I still get sudden gonial changes in response to sunlight or redlight, which never happened before the K supps from 2016. I think the supplements I took in 2016, as well as the aspirins I took back then, have permanently changed my body (in a good way). It's as if my body held onto the "memory" of what those supplements did, and was able to imitate it long after the supplements were discontinued, albeit to a lesser extent. My gonial angle can shift very quickly, and I can also suddenly enter an "aspirin state" despite not taking aspirin since 2020.
which form of k1 did the life extension product have? k1 phylloquinone has completely different effects compared to the synethetic phytonadione k1 which is in most supplements

this is the phylloquinone product i use

1711364030174.png

Peat recommended foods and thyroid, aspirin etc gave me fatty liver and weight gain. The K2/caffeine helps burn up all the ingested sugars properly.
appreciate your reply but youre kind of missing my point. k2 doesnt have the liver cleansing effects anything like k1 - ive tested both mk4 and mk7, many different brands of both. k1 phylloquinone is WAYYY better

lvysaur

k1 phylloquinone has completely different effects compared to the synethetic phytonadione k1 which is in most supplements
How were the effects different for you?
which form of k1 did the life extension product have?
Definitely phytonadione. I recently tried to find the same product in stores, but I think they changed up the formula. This is the exact bottle it used to come in.
k complex life extension.jpg

Aad

Very interesting, thank you!

Do you take 1 tablet/day? In the morning on an empty stomach?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Very interesting, thank you!

Do you take 1 tablet/day? In the morning on an empty stomach?
im taking around 2-3 x100ug a day at the moment. i will reduce the dose over the coming weeks. still trying to work out how much i really need

take with a fatty meal as it lipophilic

docall18

appreciate your reply but youre kind of missing my point. k2 doesnt have the liver cleansing effects anything like k1 - ive tested both mk4 and mk7, many different brands of both. k1 phylloquinone is WAYYY better

Ok cheers, will try some LEF Super K with k1 i have. Previously noticed that K2 does nothing for aspirin bruising. So maybe K1 is best.

Deadpool

Took some super K I had with k1 and slept really nicely just now. Struggle big time with insomnia for the past 2 years.

Whereas I tried some pure mk4 k2 a few months ago again which I mainly took in my Experiments over the years and didn’t like it all.

orangebear

Intriguing. What dose and when do you take it? I'm interested in giving it a shot and I want to figure out how to design the experiment.

Dr. B

Some of you may have seen my many posts complaining about seemingly estrogenic effects of many "peaty" supplements.
Over the last almost 10 years peating, these substances have caused significant weight gain;

Somehow it's taken me this long to experiment properly with vitamin K1.

It has an immediate and amazingly positive effect;

- huge reduction in bloating and abdominal fat feels like fat is almost melting off (I know that sounds crazy. 3 kilos lost in 3 days)
- dopaminergic
- huge energy increase
- desire to do exercise again (aspirin and T3 destroy my proactivity)
- positive social effects

My assumption is that aspirin is the main culprit here as it increases the bodies need for vitamin k1.
"Vitamin K1 is preferentially retained in the liver to assist in the carboxylation (activation) of the vitamin K-dependent clotting factors (II, VII, IX, X) that are essential for blood coagulation"

But I wouldn't be surprised if T3, progesterone and the rest of them are also somehow indirectly depleting k1 levels.

Within the context of the Garrett Smith approach, many aspects of which I am also implementing with good effects (although I am not avoiding natural vit A in foods- I believe his concern is way overblown).
Saying this, I strongly suspect Vitamin K1 can balance any possible negative effects of vit A supplements far better than K2.
I have extensively experimented with both MK7 and MK4 with nowhere near these effects of k1 phylloquinone.

Remember also that vitamin K1 can easily convert into the very desirable K2 MK4.

For anyone with weight gain issues through peating who is also supplementing regular aspirin, or has NAFLD I would highly recommend experimenting with vitamin k1.

Phylloquinone is the form of k1 you want. NOT phytonadione. Solaray do an effective tablet although it does contain dodgy excipients.

What about the codeage ADK product? I used to use it years ago. It had I believe 3000IU A, 5000iu D3, 1mg K1, 1.5mg k2 mk4 and 300mcg mk7. Is it possible it only helps people who used aspirin/vitamin E while it causes side effects in others

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Ok cheers, will try some LEF Super K with k1 i have. Previously noticed that K2 does nothing for aspirin bruising. So maybe K1 is best.
yes exactly. k2 will do nothing for bruising. make sure you get k1 in phylloquinone form. some say its the same as phytonadione but ive noticed much better results from phylloquinone

Took some super K I had with k1 and slept really nicely just now. Struggle big time with insomnia for the past 2 years.

Whereas I tried some pure mk4 k2 a few months ago again which I mainly took in my Experiments over the years and didn’t like it all.
yes i wonder if k1 also raises gaba

just found this;

a few studies suggest some potential indirect connections between vitamin K and GABA:
  1. Vitamin K, including K1, has been found to accumulate in the brain, especially in highly myelinated regions
    . This suggests vitamin K may play a role in brain function.

@Kray @youngsinatra @orangebear let me know how you get on with your experimentation

What about the codeage ADK product? I used to use it years ago. It had I believe 3000IU A, 5000iu D3, 1mg K1, 1.5mg k2 mk4 and 300mcg mk7. Is it possible it only helps people who used aspirin/vitamin E while it causes side effects in others
definitely not an optimal supplement. i would avoid supplemental vit d, and A where possible.

Kray

yes exactly. k2 will do nothing for bruising. make sure you get k1 in phylloquinone form. some say its the same as phytonadione but ive noticed much better results from phylloquinone

yes i wonder if k1 also raises gaba

just found this;

a few studies suggest some potential indirect connections between vitamin K and GABA:
  1. Vitamin K, including K1, has been found to accumulate in the brain, especially in highly myelinated regions
    . This suggests vitamin K may play a role in brain function.

@Kray @youngsinatra @orangebear let me know how you get on with your experimentation
@ddjd Did you see my post of the link about K1 and heart? Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) induces vascular endothelial dysfunction

Any thoughts?
definitely not an optimal supplement. i would avoid supplemental vit d, and A where possible.

cremes

yes exactly. k2 will do nothing for bruising.
You are simply incorrect.

I take a blood thinner daily as treatment for my heart attack. I am 51. I had terrible bruising on the backs of my hands and forearms. I looked like some acquaintances in their 70s and 80s.

Kuinone solved it. I now take 10 drops orally and 2 topically. My bruising has disappeared. I also do a bit of aspirin beyond the 81mg prescribed. Any bruising that has popped up was eliminated by K2. I didn’t start with 24mg K2 but over time I found this dose to be perfect.

Jabuger

I take a blood thinner daily as treatment for my heart attack. I am 51. I had terrible bruising on the backs of my hands and forearms. I looked like some acquaintances in their 70s and 80s.

Kuinone solved it. I now take 10 drops orally and 2 topically. My bruising has disappeared. I also do a bit of aspirin beyond the 81mg prescribed. Any bruising that has popped up was eliminated by K2. I didn’t start with 24mg K2 but over time I found this dose to be perfect.
Ive noticed similar effects from Kuinone and aspirin.

Dr. B

Does some k2 convert back to K1, or the k2 itself has clotting properties

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals