Perfect Hair Health New Website For Hair Loss- Thoughts?

LiveWire

Are you even open to the possibility? You seem to be taking quite a hard-line stance that it is impossible to regrow hair after losing it. As if it is some brute fact that can never be changed. Yes one should always be skeptical to avoid being deceived but to have the reaction that because photos can be faked all photos have no credibility smacks of being very closed minded to me. Have you actually reviewed the photos on micro-needling, there are LOTS of photos of people regrowing hair with micro-needling. Are they all in on the conspiracy together? Are they all fake accounts who secretly are selling dermarollers for 5 dollars?

If you replaced regrow hair with prove existence of Jesus, I might concur. If regrowth was possible, we would see it everywhere, just like radical weight loss or muscle gain. Those verifiably happen. Hair regrowth doesn’t and I can’t believe people still chase this unicorn.

PS: Obviously I am not talking about hair loss and subsequent regrowth due to sudden and extraordinary health event like stress crash, cancer or what have you.

FinnRooney

All those photo results look fake, like stills like from an infomercial. It’s all bogus, scams. Come one guys, microneedling? Fighting scaring by scaring?
It's actually legit man, massage and microneedling are a form of acute inflammation to basically 'repair' the area. His main focus is on lifestyle factors however to stop hypo-thyroidism and the calcification and fibrosis involved in baldness. Have an actual read of the book before you knock it like this. Having read the book itself and following his work, you're being very disrespectfully ignorant. You prove your side of things if you want to criticise him. His main focus is stopping the lifestyle factors contributing to the hair loss. However he is known for regrowth because he's the only person out that that actually properly recreated the massage therapy from a chinese study. Regrowth is more 'flashy' and appealing than stopping.

FinnRooney

If you replaced regrow hair with prove existence of Jesus, I might concur. If regrowth was possible, we would see it everywhere, just like radical weight loss or muscle gain. Those verifiably happen. Hair regrowth doesn’t and I can’t believe people still chase this unicorn.

PS: Obviously I am not talking about hair loss and subsequent regrowth due to sudden and extraordinary health event like stress crash, cancer or what have you.
The reason we don't see regrowth is because hair loss is an industry that is basically created around the idea that they actually can stop hair loss. Also balding hair follicles have been placed into immunodeficient mice and have grown thick again, baldness isn't a loss of follicles. The follicles basically become dormant as a result of manifestations of inflammation and hormonal imbalances/thyroid problems. Do your research mate, seriously, its plain disrespectful.

FinnRooney

Just so people know, I've responded a few times, yes I highly recommend the book, its incredibly insightful, I don't think its necessary to subscribe to the site (new feature). The eBook however is extremely useful. Would recommend, just not the 'NoPoo' idea if you have any scalp conditions such as seb derm or dandruff, it will not end well.

FinnRooney

Also to add to what I said before. He genuinely has created regrowth in many people. This is the thing. Massage is not the cure, its the vehicle for regrowth. Hair loss will occur when the issues that created it have not been fixed. However massage does work for regrowth. It doesn't involve friction. It's 20 minutes, twice a day, with a mixture of pinching pressing and stretching. Again highly recommend the Ebook. My point was, it's legit, don't knock it until you've actually read it fully.

Luckytype

The issue here and what I dont think people TRULY consider is how many people are actually going to do what it takes?

Consider this over 1-3 year period.

30min to 1 hour of massge most days of the week.
Owning the fact that your lifestyle absolutely sucks and your food intake sucks enough that you have to change ALL of it.
How will you get a good objective idea of hairloss halt progress - guess what, that probably means counting hair after a wash.
You may have to spend money for objective markers for guidance
You may have to forgoe staying up late, partying etc..
You have to consider and accept the fact that its not just DHT that is the cause. If this were the case, we would all have gone cue-ball at age 22.

OR like most people - "oh theres a pill that may work and if it doesnt i can just say that I am a man and blame it on genetics"

Do you know how many people I have ever heard of or personally met that was willing to change their life in effort to stop shedding, counting hair every shower for a couple years to get an idea of what was going on?

One person.

People are just too lazy, too busy, dont REALLY care THAT much to even try to change it. If by some chance hairloss isnt related to health(and i believe it is) you improve yourself in the process. Thats the real fact.

Soren

Your argument does not really hold up. There are plenty of health and biological outcomes that we see that are not very common but that doesn't mean they are impossible. It does not logically follow that because we don't see something happening everywhere that it does not occur. For example, there are people who recover from cancer who have less than 1% chance of survival this is a rarity and certainly does not happen everywhere but there clearly are people who have survived cancer when they had less than 1% chance.

The fact that we don't see people recovering from baldness everywhere does not mean that it is not possible more likely that the methods that are applied by the majority of people to treat baldness are not correct. Often the crowd is wrong and it is those doing something outside the accepted dogma and break the mold who discover new paradigms.

Finally there are many scientific studies that show treatments that unquestionably regrow hair the problem is that many of these treatments fail to work forever or stop working when treatment is stopped such as Minoxidil. So it is simply is factually incorrect to say that regrowth doesn't happen.

ShotTrue

Your argument does not really hold up. There are plenty of health and biological outcomes that we see that are not very common but that doesn't mean they are impossible. It does not logically follow that because we don't see something happening everywhere that it does not occur. For example, there are people who recover from cancer who have less than 1% chance of survival this is a rarity and certainly does not happen everywhere but there clearly are people who have survived cancer when they had less than 1% chance.

The fact that we don't see people recovering from baldness everywhere does not mean that it is not possible more likely that the methods that are applied by the majority of people to treat baldness are not correct. Often the crowd is wrong and it is those doing something outside the accepted dogma and break the mold who discover new paradigms.

Finally there are many scientific studies that show treatments that unquestionably regrow hair the problem is that many of these treatments fail to work forever or stop working when treatment is stopped such as Minoxidil. So it is simply is factually incorrect to say that regrowth doesn't happen.
Exactly. I've spent considerable time on hairloss forums, with people proving to me regrowth just on finasteride alone.

tallglass13

Show me someone, anyone, who went from a bald guy to a not a bald guy with Fin or Minoxidil. Most of those guys are lucky when their balls don’t fall off, with a few sorry patches of extra hair here and there.

If baldness could be reversed, Jeff Bezos would not be bald. Period.
Check out Belgravia Hair Clinic, they are using Min with Fin. thousands of people growing hair. Plus the Hims and Keeps websites. And Microneedling is being shown by Scott Nali on youtube to work. I also feel that a lot of the hair growth coming from Perfect Hair Health is from Microneedling. as he stated himself, the massagers are also Microneedling.

lampofred

Peat has mentioned that there was literally a case of someone bald from MPB regrowing a full head of hair. Although it was after getting his head burned. Obviously that's not a feasible solution but it proves that regeneration is always possible, it just involves producing enough CO2/creating some sort of damage to induce a large increase in blood flow to the area.

Also, rigid and defensive attitudes are associated with balding.

ShotTrue

Peat has mentioned that there was literally a case of someone bald from MPB regrowing a full head of hair. Although it was after getting his head burned. Obviously that's not a feasible solution but it proves that regeneration is always possible, it just involves producing enough CO2/creating some sort of damage to induce a large increase in blood flow to the area.

Also, rigid and defensive attitudes are associated with balding.
Read em and weep :smokingsombrero
burned head.jpg

The Mysterious Conductor of the Hair Cycle Clock

Luckytype

Tissue remodels, thats a physiological fact.

Deranged systemic issues that have stabilized at least to a point allow for a better environment for repair.

Biochemical and hormonal repair and/or injury create a stimuli that allows the repair to take place. This isnt new science, then again who in a measurable number has created such environments where both are lined up to facilitate?

Burns
Needling
Small bouts of irritation that upregulate cell replacement
Etc..

Analogous example is growing muscle after putting them under tension and at length, and with a hormonal environment that can hurry the process.

Its response to a stress, stress being a heavily loaded word

Not a new phenomenon but nobody will interpret them together, its always isolated in a figurative vacuum

CLASH

I bought robs book back in the day. Its a mix of paleo and peat based principles with the idea of massages. It wasnt a bad read, had some helpful insights but if your familiar with both paleo and Ray Peat, theres not any new information besides how to do the massages. He has his own theory of hairloss from a skull expansion POV but I dont think the skull expansion is relevant, the tightness in the galea is tho. I think the tightness comes from the fibrosis of the whole bodies fascial systems leading to tension on the galea and the cutting off of blood flow leading to a further exacerbation of the fibrosis.

As @Luckytype pointed out the time commitment on the massage is alot. I did the massages consistently for about 7 months. I noticed that it stopped my shedding and I got some baby hairs in the bad spots but it wasnt a cure. If I did something that triggered a shed, massages didnt do ***t to help it. Microneedling time commitment is significantly less (from what I’ve read 2mm needles via derma pen in 4-5 passes across scalp 2x per month) and its basically the same underlying principle for the regrowth.

With all this said the underlying problem should be fixed if you really want solid results. In my estimation, i’m pretty sure its a bacterial issue in the intestine leading to low level systemic fibrosis of the fascia.

EDIT: Fin and min are poor options, not because they dont work but because the risk isnt worth the reward. Who cares if you have hair on your head but your d*ck doesnt work and your brain is shrouded in a wool blanket of haziness.

Last edited:

FinnRooney

Check out Belgravia Hair Clinic, they are using Min with Fin. thousands of people growing hair. Plus the Hims and Keeps websites. And Microneedling is being shown by Scott Nali on youtube to work. I also feel that a lot of the hair growth coming from Perfect Hair Health is from Microneedling. as he stated himself, the massagers are also Microneedling.
The massaging is specifically for the breakdown deeper calcification for the most part. So would change the 'skull' shape, its not the skull its just extra calicification that you see on balding guys. This I believe would help to change the underlying environment. Microneedling helps of course but not at a deeper level.

Luckytype

@Luckytype hows's your hair situation?

Good still, my hair is bright and shiny and its long enough i can pull it back in a hipster top-knot bro look if its windy.

Whats interesting is spring is almost kinda here(rust-belt) and winter definitely created at uptick in shedding. I lost maybe 10-12 pounds of fat before winter, unintentionally but it was good to get it off. It did however come off way too fast for me to even notice. I was at a totally normal 15 pieces shed per day, likely noticible because of the 2-3" length since the sides are short and tapered.

I was thinking how I could probably avoid the seasonal shedding we all deal with but it was nice to see the normalcy of hair in response to lack of light. If the young females I talk to have the same thing, then im fine with it. Hair shedding will consume you if youre neurotic. So guys have to keep in mind even if the situation righted itself PERFECTLY this instant, you may not actually see the shed reduction for up to 2-3 months.

Its definitely definitely definitely something people have to adhere to strictly for a few years to recover. Without a doubt. I sleep whenever my body says sleep, I no longer destroy my life in the gym, i eat whenever i can(still 3k kcal per day) and I absolutely make sure I am getting sunlight and if possible, walking in it. That was so major for me

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals