Pineapples Instead Of Other Fruits And Fibers?

SOMO

What about canned or jarred pineapple to make sure it’s ripe enough?
There's no benefit to drinking canned.

During the canning and pasteurization process, the Bromelain in the pineapple is destroyed rendering it into just sugar-water. Only frozen pineapple or fresh pineapple/pineapple juice juice will have the bromelain, so anything else is inferior.
Ac

Actually no, it isn’t. When you blend a pineapple and then pour into a strainer, you can it’s literally almost zero fiber. Only Juice.
Keep the pineapple fiber.
I rarely strain my pineapple, because if you do some of the Bromelain is going to be lost. Also the fiber helps trap the bromelain and pull it deeper down the intestinal tract.

Fairykiller

There's no benefit to drinking canned.

During the canning and pasteurization process, the Bromelain in the pineapple is destroyed rendering it into just sugar-water. Only frozen pineapple or fresh pineapple/pineapple juice juice will have the bromelain, so anything else is inferior.

Keep the pineapple fiber.
I rarely strain my pineapple, because if you do some of the Bromelain is going to be lost. Also the fiber helps trap the bromelain and pull it deeper down the intestinal tract.
so you shouldn’t cook pineapple? Because my gums and tongue start bleeding when I eat it raw but it’s just fine cooked.

SOMO

so you shouldn’t cook pineapple? Because my gums and tongue start bleeding when I eat it raw but it’s just fine cooked.

correct, cooking it destroys the bromelain. I would rinse with water after every bite or just blend it into a smoothie with added water.

OP
L

Lord Cola

I gave this further thought. Yes, it's impossible pineapple has so low fiber content. When you don't throw away the core, the fiber content increases. As I don't throw out the core, the fiber I get from pineapple is much higher.

I would assume the analyses of nutrition content that we see on websites is based on the American way of slicing and serving pineapples. The core is left out, and instead of slicing the skin thin enough to leave out the eyes for further removal, the eyes are removed in one motion together with the skin, which leaves a lot of edible portions to be thrown away.
Have you experimented more with the sweet part and/or the core?

yerrag

FitnessMike

any idea how to increase the PH of the pineapple?

It does help the bowels, but low ph is too harsh for the bladder. Maybe mixing chunks with some baking soda?

Last edited:

Honeycomb

any idea how to increase the PH of the pineapple?

It does help the bowels, but low ph is too harsh for the bladder. Maybe mixing chunks with some baking soda?
“Some foods, such as raw pineapple or acidic foods, are extremely corrosive to the teeth, and should be followed immediately by rinsing or eating foods with a cleaning and neutralizing effect. The alkaline pH of baking soda helps to free protein films from the teeth.” Ray Peat (2014)

FitnessMike

wonder whether eating pineapple with an alkaline meal would neutralize its acidity, considering it would be net alkaline.

hmm?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals