Please Explain Coffee And Natto. These Are Made Out Of Beans

natedawggh

manboadriano said:
Hi. I am new to this forum but I have thought about ray peat diet for some time and actually tried it already in the past. Please clarify these two points for me. 1. Coffee How Is it that coffee which is a bean, and peat is against beans, is considered to be good to drink every day? 2. Natto. This is reach in vit K, which is supposed to be good according to peat, right? But then again this is soy and it’s a bean, which is said to be bad, right? To me these look like contradictions, could someone please explain for me?

Even though it is called a coffee "bean," it is not a bean in the sense that black beans, pinto, etc. are beans, and the reason those are bad is because they are a legume. Coffee is not a legume, but a berry seed akin to seeds in fruit, and the cooking/processing method extracts only some parts of it anyway and destroys many of the volatile parts that might be bad for your health.

OP
M

manboadriano

natedawggh said:
manboadriano said:
Hi. I am new to this forum but I have thought about ray peat diet for some time and actually tried it already in the past. Please clarify these two points for me. 1. Coffee How Is it that coffee which is a bean, and peat is against beans, is considered to be good to drink every day? 2. Natto. This is reach in vit K, which is supposed to be good according to peat, right? But then again this is soy and it’s a bean, which is said to be bad, right? To me these look like contradictions, could someone please explain for me?

Even though it is called a coffee "bean," it is not a bean in the sense that black beans, pinto, etc. are beans, and the reason those are bad is because they are a legume. Coffee is not a legume, but a berry seed akin to seeds in fruit, and the cooking/processing method extracts only some parts of it anyway and destroys many of the volatile parts that might be bad for your health.

Ok. Whereas for natto you would say it is bad no matter the vitamin k content right?

jyb

nikotrope said:
20g natto = 1.2g PUFA. I think it's the typical serving in Japan. Add a cup of miso soup to it and you have 2.6g PUFA. I would say an ounce of soybean is already too much. You would need 1 quart of 3.7% milk to get as much PUFA as 20g of natto. I don't think it is worth it if someone wants to restrict PUFA.

The estrogenic effects of soy products are not related to their pufa content.

Steffi

Coffee "beans" are at least seeds, though. But eating the raw coffee beans off the bush is not only a very pleasant fruity meat around the seed but also tons of caffeine!
Just one raw bean chewed makes me feel awake and energized as much as I sometimes don't even feel after one cup of normal coffee!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals