Possible egg substitute?

Dutchie

Whenever I come across cake, 'breads' and other baked stuff they almost always contain quite some eggs. Why is that?

So,I came across this recipe for coconutflour gingerbread and I really mis 'peperkoek' which is kinda similar to gingerbread over here,so I'd love to try this recipe but it also calls for 6eggs. Are there any possible substitutes for eggs?

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:
I can't think of any. Why do you not want to use eggs?

Honestly, sometimes it's better not to eat something than to try to fake it.

I thougth about substituting it for Buttermilk but I think it'll alter the taste too much. I agree with your comment about fake foods.......but I figured to make it bc it's sort of a breadcake thing that I could easily take a slice with me somewhere and also bc it has Blackstrap Mollasses amongst the ingredients. For certain nutrients/mineralcontent I could use it,but I've tried several things to pair/incorporate it with but it still tastes so awfull so I wanted to try making this as a last thing to try to incorporate the Blackstrap somehow......if it doesn't work,well then I'll stick to the raw canesugar.

It's not that I don't want to eat eggs,but in every baking&icecream recipe it calls for eggs&the yolks. So,you could easily get more than the 1-2eggs a day recommendation.
But apart from that,I can't get any good eggs....even the so-calles organic ones are from chickens fedd corn,flaxseed for enhanced O3 etc.

4peatssake

Dutchie said:
It's not that I don't want to eat eggs,but in every baking&icecream recipe it calls for eggs&the yolks. So,you could easily get more than the 1-2eggs a day recommendation.
But apart from that,I can't get any good eggs....even the so-calles organic ones are from chickens fedd corn,flaxseed for enhanced O3 etc.
You'd have to eat the entire cake or loaf to consume all the eggs. Eggs are pretty good nutrition. Look for eggs from free range chickens.

OP
D

Dutchie

4peatssake said:
Dutchie said:
You'd have to eat the entire cake or loaf to consume all the eggs. Eggs are pretty good nutrition. Look for eggs from free range chickens.

Well yeah,if we'd only be talking about 1cake...but all these breads,pancakes,icecream etc. also use eggs.....and yeah, I could eat,if I'd let myself, an entire cake if it tastes good;)
That's what I meant,the free-range eggs mean that the chicken gets to be outside a certain amount of hours daily but they'll get fed with corn,grains,flaxseed etc.

Jenn

As an occasional treat,go ahead and use whatever eggs have the hardest shell. (A weak shell indicates poor health or a over stressed chicken.) Use coconut oil for the fat, if you can. I make a mean chocolate chocolate chip brownie with coconut oil. :cool:

jaa

Jenn,

Is that the Gluten Free "Potato Flour" Brownies on your blog? If not, care to share the recipe? :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals