Post your cannabis & cannabis compound testimonials here!

OccamzRazer

Anyone else experienced benefits from cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds, such as cannabinoids, terpenes, or flavonoids?

Here are a few of mine:

Better sleep from 7:1 (CBD:THC) edibles

Since CBD opposes some of THC's action on the brain's CB1 receptors, a 7:1 product isn't super psychotropic. It is, however, super relaxing. Cannabis edibles are the only thing that's allowed me to wake up feeling refreshed and energized each morning (normally I'm kind of groggy for an hour or so).

Parasite die-off from eating raw cannabis

Eating raw cannabis gives one access to 'raw' cannabinoids like CBDa and THCa. I believe Dr. Peat has spoken favourably about CBDa when asked.

Raw cannabis tastes spicey, in large part due to its terpene content; many of these terpenes are anti-parasitical in nature. This practice is common among some tribal groups.

Pain relief with topical cannabis

A strong topical cream is great for pain relief. I use one for muscle recovery or small injuries. THC tends to absorb better thru the skin than CBD does, and it also has stronger painkilling effects thanks to its affinity to TRPV1 receptors (the same ones that sense heat), so I stick with THC-heavy topicals.

Increased concentration from linalool-heavy cannabis cultivars

Cannabis strains high in linalool (the lavender terpene) are somewhat rare, but if you can acquire one, you might find it excellent for focus. Purple-hued strains are sometimes a good source. I like 'microdosing' such strains via vape pen if extra creativity and/or concentration is needed.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

If anyone here has any interesting experiences with cannabis or its derivatives - good or bad - I'd love to hear them!

ThinPicking

For the past 6 years I've vaped thai stick once or twice a week in the early evening. Under its influence I like to sit, listen to music and think i.e. do absolutely nothing. Or talk chop if friends are around. I find this intensely therapeutic. On what level exactly it's hard to say.

In the decade prior I used to smoke a lot of skunk. In this time I had no clarity, it was a crutch.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Oh one more thing: some studies show that cannabis users are lighter than non-cannabis users, despite consuming at least as many calories.

Does this imply that some type of cannabis use is 'Peaty' - in the sense that it accelerates energy flow throughout the structures of the body?

Dr. Bob Melamede believes that cannabis allows an organism to maintain homeostasis in a farther-from-equilibrium state.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

For the past 6 years I've vaped thai stick once or twice a week in the early evening. Under its influence I like to sit, listen to music and think i.e. do absolutely nothing. Or talk chop if friends are around. I find this intensely therapeutic. On what level exactly it's hard to say.

In the decade prior I used to smoke a lot of skunk. In this time I had no clarity, it was a crutch.
Nice! Perhaps cannabis is one of those things that's meant to be used intermittently - even ceremonially.

Taking too much of it (particularly too much THC) does have drawbacks, especially if you're using a more sedating strain.

catharsis

I have noticed higher baseline stress levels and more autistic/rigid mental symptoms the morning after I smoke cannabis as well as long-term. In small amounts, it can therapeutic to prevent rumination (at least for me) but THC preventing DHT's binding to the Androgen Receptor, cannabis increasing cortisol and CRH, and the long-term increase in serotonin signaling can be problematic for Peaty minded people. I have also noticed ED problems if I smoke right before spending the night with a girl.

JenLN

I love the stuff. I think some people do really well with adding cannabinoids. I’ve been using it for years— increased creativity, more happiness. And THC can make me really horny. I love CBD, too.

If you ask me, cannabis is a gift from God to people. Im convinced cbd and thc keep the mind nimble and creative.

My dad is currently on high doses of CBD and CBG in a 3:1 ratio for treating his glioblastoma (inspired by this study).

For now it seems to have stopped the progression and even reversed some of his symptoms, but whether it is going to be enough I don't know.

Conventional treatment and most Peaty substances have failed, as he was still deteriorating before starting this in early December.

conrad0602

I've found vaping a bit of weed to rival 10mg diazepam for lowering stress and helping sleep at night when needed. Also find it helps rumination. Feels like a lighter, more natural adjustment than diazepam. Feel more inspired to read a bit of a book before bed than if using diazepam, which makes it feel like a more healthful intervention rather than simply being sedating.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I have noticed higher baseline stress levels and more autistic/rigid mental symptoms the morning after I smoke cannabis as well as long-term. In small amounts, it can therapeutic to prevent rumination (at least for me) but THC preventing DHT's binding to the Androgen Receptor, cannabis increasing cortisol and CRH, and the long-term increase in serotonin signaling can be problematic for Peaty minded people. I have also noticed ED problems if I smoke right before spending the night with a girl.
Very interesting...have you tried organic cannabis, or cannabis with a higher CBD:THC ratio? Wonder if that would be more helpful.

Also not sure if cannabis increases cortisol in the long run:

In humans, a study of the acute effects of marijuana smoking in males in laboratory found an increase in cortisol, as well as a decrease in LH, with no change in PRL, testosterone (free or total), growth hormone, or FSH (Cone et al., 1986). Similarly, in male rats, THC injection acutely leads to a rapid and prolonged increase in corticosterone. Administration of a more potent synthetic cannabinoid CB1 receptor agonist, (−)-11-hydroxy-delta8-tetrahydrocannabinol-dimethylheptyl (HU-210), similarly resulted in activation of the HPA axis in male rats, reflected by increases in ACTH and corticosterone (Martin-Calderon et al., 1989).

Clinical observations of cannabis users were undertaken to determine whether there are long-term effects of cannabis on the HPA axis. Studies of long-term heavy cannabis users revealed, at baseline, no change in cortisol levels (Block et al., 1991; Ranganathan et al., 2009). In the later study, intravenous THC was administered to long-term frequent cannabis users in laboratory, and the increase in cortisol in response to THC was blunted in the users compared to healthy controls (Ranganathan et al., 2009). The mechanism for this tolerance is not yet understood.

[x]

Grapelander

Cannabis compound inhibits SARS-CoV-2 replication in human lung cells

The CBD inhibited viral gene expression and reversed many of the effects the virus has on host gene transcription.
The compound also induced the expression of interferons – cell signaling proteins that are produced by host cells as an early response to viral invasion.
Furthermore, the incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection was up to an order of magnitude lower in a cohort of patients who had been taking CBD, compared with matched patients who had not been taking CBD.

Grapelander

Cannabidiol oxidation product HU-331 is a potential anticancer cannabinoid-quinone

The cannabinoid-quinone HU-331 has been studied as a potential anticancer therapeutic. Previous studies provide evidence that HU-331 displays anticancer activity without some of the known adverse events associated with traditional anticancer agents.

HU-331 (or CBDHQ) is not a new compound. It was noted in the literature as early as the 1960s as being formed by oxidation of cannabidiol by potassium hydroxide resulting in the violet color that serves as the basis for the Beam test, which is used to identify the presence of cannabis. CBD can also be oxidized by exposure to air and oxidizing agents, forming HU-331 and possibly other oxidized products.

331.JPG

Grapelander

Cannabinoids infused mouthwash products are as effective as chlorhexidine on inhibition of total-culturable bacterial content in dental plaque samples

Dental plaque is a complex biofilm composed of diverse species of microbial community accumulated on the surface of the teeth, eventually contributing to the development of caries and periodontal disease. The development of dental plaque involves adherence of primary colonizing bacterial species to the enamel salivary pellicle followed by secondary colonizers through interspecies interactions and communications.

Dental hygiene requires proper regular care with suitable products and post-brushing rinsing has been reported to be effective in reducing the dental plaque and gingivitis.

On average, the cannabinoids infused mouthwash products showed the similar bactericidal efficacy as that of chlorhexidine 0.2%. Both chlorhexidine 0.2% and cannabinoids infused mouthwash products were effective against all the samples tested.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Cannabis compound inhibits SARS-CoV-2 replication in human lung cells

The CBD inhibited viral gene expression and reversed many of the effects the virus has on host gene transcription.
The compound also induced the expression of interferons – cell signaling proteins that are produced by host cells as an early response to viral invasion.
Furthermore, the incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection was up to an order of magnitude lower in a cohort of patients who had been taking CBD, compared with matched patients who had not been taking CBD.
Nice! I've heard of this study...there's also a newer study that found similar benefits with CBG.

What I didn't know was how holistically CBD exerts this effect:

“Thus, CBD has the potential not only to act as an antiviral agent at early stages of infection but also to protect the host against an overactive immune system at later stages,” says Rosner and the team.

Grapelander

This study concluding increased beneficial immune response with THC and CBD in unison.
Effects of cannabis oil extract on immune response gene expression in human small airway epithelial cells (HSAEpC): implications for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)

Small airways epithelial cells (HSAEpC) were treated with three dilutions of a standardized cannabis oil extract. The cannabis oil extract was tested for its effects on the expression of 84 respiratory immune response-related genes of interest (GOI) in HSAEpC. The extract induced significant (P < 0.05) changes in expression of 37 tested genes. Further evaluation of GOIs was accomplished using the Database for Annotation, Visualization and Integrated Discovery or DAVID program.

A mixture containing both cannabidiol and tetrahydrocannabinol promoted a Th2 and anti-inflammatory immune response in a murine experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis model (Al-Ghezi et al. 2019). It was noted that neither cannabidiol nor tetrahydrocannabinol alone was capable of eliciting the beneficial immune response.

These preliminary results suggest that cannabis oil extract has the potential to help decrease inflammation, restore a Th1/Th2 balance, or ameliorate other symptoms in COPD, and possibly do the same in autoimmune or other diseases that have a hyperactive Th1-mediated immune response profile.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Hemp-derived CBD and other CB2 agonists for hair growth/regrowth?

From theory [x] to practice: [x]

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

From the second study linked above:

"Methods: A study was done of 35 (28 men and 7 women) subjects with AGA. Participants used a once daily topical CBD formulation, averaging about 3-4mg per day for 6 months. A hair count of the greatest area of alopecia was carried out before treatment started and after 6 months of treatment. To facilitate consistent hair count analysis, a clear acrylic mold, containing a 1cm2 cutout, was made of each subject’s head.

Results: The results revealed that men did slightly better than women, and the vertex area did better than the temporal areas. On average, there was a statistically significant 93.5% increase in nonvellus hair after 6 months of once daily use. All subjects had some regrowth. There were no reported adverse effects."

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I love the stuff. I think some people do really well with adding cannabinoids. I’ve been using it for years— increased creativity, more happiness. And THC can make me really horny. I love CBD, too.

If you ask me, cannabis is a gift from God to people. Im convinced cbd and thc keep the mind nimble and creative.
Heyy glad to hear!

It seems like THC increases sex drive in women more than in men. Guessing you're in the former group based on your username. :):

When taken by both genders within a loving relationship, high-THC cannabis tends to have a centering effect on sex drive. At least in my experience.

The Rastafarians believe that cannabis is the Tree of Life embodied in plant form...maybe they're on to something.

Have you ever tried whole-plant extracts containing a balanced blend of cannabinoids, or do you take CBD and THC separately?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

This study concluding increased beneficial immune response with THC and CBD in unison.
Not surprising...cannabinoids do best together. And they do even better when terpenes & flavonoids are added. And they do even even better when taken alongside a fatty meal!

Research from the practical Godfather of cannabis science, Raphael Mechoulam, shows that 'full spectrum' CBD is up to four times more effective than CBD isolate alone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom