Pregnenolone vs Progesterone for under developed cognitive function

Sila

I am 23, male. My cognitive function (verbal IQ) is underdeveloped due to my mom being vegan and undereating during pregnancy.
I also under eat whilst growing up, was mainly vegetarian. Therefore, I was was wondering if taking for short term either pregnenolone or progesterone would help
restore some of my cognitive function.

Last edited:

opethfeldt

Pregnenolone is better for cognition in my experience. Prog is better for stress reduction. Just make sure you don't use it at a high enough dose to antagonize androgens or you'll notice the opposite effect.

Michael Mohn

I am 23, male. My cognitive function (verbal IQ) is underdeveloped due to my mom being vegan and undereating during pregnancy.
I also under eat whilst growing up, was mainly vegetarian. Therefore, I was was wondering if taking for short term either pregnenolone or progesterone would help
Eating high quality protein, organ meats like heart, liver, brain and seafoods like crabs, shrimp, oysters always gives my brain a boost and it feels like something is growing. Fructose is important and cholesterol rich foods. Just had half a litre of fresh watermelon juice, lights up your neurons. Stimulating, interesting people, learning a foreign language, reading or doing drama all help to improve verbal skills.

B

Braveheart

Pregnenolone is better for cognition in my experience. Prog is better for stress reduction. Just make sure you don't use it at a high enough dose to antagonize androgens or you'll notice the opposite effect.
:thumbsup:

mrchibbs

If you apply yourself you can still correct the course. So lots of the best quality nutritious foods possible like eggs, milk, dairy, ripe fruits, organs, shellfish.

As you've said yourself you have a longstanding deficiency and a lot to catch up on, so thyroid+pregnenolone can help but as long as the basics (food, sleep, sunshine) are covered perfectly.

OP
S

Sila

Eating high quality protein, organ meats like heart, liver, brain and seafoods like crabs, shrimp, oysters always gives my brain a boost and it feels like something is growing. Fructose is important and cholesterol rich foods. Just had half a litre of fresh watermelon juice, lights up your neurons. Stimulating, interesting people, learning a foreign language, reading or doing drama all help to improve verbal skills.
If you apply yourself you can still correct the course. So lots of the best quality nutritious foods possible like eggs, milk, dairy, ripe fruits, organs, shellfish.

As you've said yourself you have a longstanding deficiency and a lot to catch up on, so thyroid+pregnenolone can help but as long as the basics (food, sleep, sunshine) are covered perfectly.

I agree with increasing consumption of animal proteins is the best way to fix this issue, but increasing animal protein consumption by a lot is not possible atm, only after graduation, when I start working I can afford to do so.

My diet whilst growing up and now is usually wheat, white bread, legumes and pufas(not now). My main protein sources are limited amounts of cheese daily and occasionally some raw egg yolks (cooked eggs don't give me the same cognitive effect). Once a week some chicken. Liver or goat meat usually once every couple of months.

I am thinking of taking progesterone as Peat mentions it helps with intelligence, and also since I have avoided bright lights, which probably caused progesterone deficiency, however, I don't know if LED lights also work to prevent this.

Last edited:

Dr. B

do you think eggs are still safe these days. apparently many vaccines are mixed or grown in eggs? it seems like this is responsible for egg intolerance in many? i havent gotten a vaccine in 10 years or more, and i can tolerate any food, even eggs/egg yolks but as soon as its multiple eggs or egg whites i get symptoms like constipation, upset stomach, fatigue, even irritation on the face.

pregnenolone is no longer safe from what ive seen and Ray has stopped using it since the 80s. progesterone seems much better and safer, what about progesterone and dhea like in the cortinon product

mrchibbs

do you think eggs are still safe these days. apparently many vaccines are mixed or grown in eggs? it seems like this is responsible for egg intolerance in many? i havent gotten a vaccine in 10 years or more, and i can tolerate any food, even eggs/egg yolks but as soon as its multiple eggs or egg whites i get symptoms like constipation, upset stomach, fatigue, even irritation on the face.

pregnenolone is no longer safe from what ive seen and Ray has stopped using it since the 80s. progesterone seems much better and safer, what about progesterone and dhea like in the cortinon product

I can't say I'm aware of vaccines and eggs. I try to get them from local sources which are not too industrial. Eggs have allergenic protein in the whites which I is why I enjoy yolks mostly or just 1-2 egg daily.

Regarding pregnenolone, there are good sources that are quite safe. Health natura has a really good product and it has worked well with me in the past.

Beastmode

They can definitely help. Might be a good idea to track your body temp and pulse and see where you're baseline is first. From there, you can see how the supplements (I'd start one at a time in low doses) may or may not be impacting your system overall.

At your age, a wholesome and consistent intake of all the basic that Peat suggests all the time will be even more important as supplements can often require a greater energy demand.

Preg and Prog are both protective and constructive. So how you might use them in the short term may not equate to their long term usage.

I do wish I had known about these types of substances at your age as I was underdeveloped cognitively due to bad nutrition and hypothyroidism.

OP
S

Sila

They can definitely help. Might be a good idea to track your body temp and pulse and see where you're baseline is first. From there, you can see how the supplements (I'd start one at a time in low doses) may or may not be impacting your system overall.

At your age, a wholesome and consistent intake of all the basic that Peat suggests all the time will be even more important as supplements can often require a greater energy demand.

Preg and Prog are both protective and constructive. So how you might use them in the short term may not equate to their long term usage.

I do wish I had known about these types of substances at your age as I was underdeveloped cognitively due to bad nutrition and hypothyroidism.
My temp is around 36c (due to summer) and pulse is typically around 75-80, but I'm certain that these are due to adrenaline.

I only plan to use progesterone for a month, as I could use the cognitive boost, as it is taking way too long to write basic sentences, think critically, etc.

I am grateful as well for finding about Peat's works before having to filter through lot of garbage.

Michael Mohn

I agree with increasing consumption of animal proteins is the best way to fix this issue, but increasing animal protein consumption by a lot is not possible atm, only after graduation, when I start working I can afford to do so.

My diet whilst growing up and now is usually wheat, white bread, legumes and pufas(not now). My main protein sources are limited amounts of cheese daily and occasionally some raw egg yolks (cooked eggs don't give me the same cognitive effect). Once a week some chicken. Liver or goat meat usually once every couple of months.

What is a lot of protein? Is protein expensive? Milk & eggs are cheap, even from free range and pastured animals. Organ meats like liver, heart, kidney brains and gelatin is dirt cheap, the cheapest meats, like 4-5 bucks the kilo. Be careful with legumes, they 'steal' your cholesterol, which is important for the brain and steroid genesis and have tons of antinutrients. Wheat in white bread is actually ok for a lot of people. Potatoes can be good too. Fruit is best.

Beastmode

My temp is around 36c (due to summer) and pulse is typically around 75-80, but I'm certain that these are due to adrenaline.

I only plan to use progesterone for a month, as I could use the cognitive boost, as it is taking way too long to write basic sentences, think critically, etc.

I am grateful as well for finding about Peat's works before having to filter through lot of garbage.
If you haven't, consider doing your temp and pulse first thing upon waking then 30-45 min post meal. Are these the #'s first thing or at peak times of the day?

36 c is quite low (96.8 f) though.

If that's due to summer weather, it might be worth getting really dialed in with your intake of food, light, etc. If you drink coffee with your food, the progesterone can give a decent cognitive boost in my experience. At your age, I still say the basic stuff should really help you with enough time.

Dr. B

What is a lot of protein? Is protein expensive? Milk & eggs are cheap, even from free range and pastured animals. Organ meats like liver, heart, kidney brains and gelatin is dirt cheap, the cheapest meats, like 4-5 bucks the kilo. Be careful with legumes, they 'steal' your cholesterol, which is important for the brain and steroid genesis and have tons of antinutrients. Wheat in white bread is actually ok for a lot of people. Potatoes can be good too. Fruit is best.
do you mean white bread has less anti nutrients and many digest it okay? did Ray say that?
i asked him about bread like a burger bun once a week he said most people tolerate it very well.
thing is i dont know if he knows about all the things in burger buns these days, its no longer just white bread, usually many other filler ingredients.

Michael Mohn

do you mean white bread has less anti nutrients and many digest it okay? did Ray say that?
i asked him about bread like a burger bun once a week he said most people tolerate it very well.
thing is i dont know if he knows about all the things in burger buns these days, its no longer just white bread, usually many other filler ingredients.
Burger buns are actually high in pufa. They have up to 25% fat, often from seed oils. Peat said that well made sourdough bread is good. The fermentation reduces antinutrients and even gluten. There's high gluten wheat, this is problematic but rarely used for bread, more for saitan, wheat protein extract. Wheat has good amounts of potassium, betaine and other nutrients. If you're not a celiac eating wheat should not be a problem if you're physically active it's good for recharging your muscle glycogen.

Dr. B

Burger buns are actually high in pufa. They have up to 25% fat, often from seed oils. Peat said that well made sourdough bread is good. The fermentation reduces antinutrients and even gluten. There's high gluten wheat, this is problematic but rarely used for bread, more for saitan, wheat protein extract. Wheat has good amounts of potassium, betaine and other nutrients. If you're not a celiac eating wheat should not be a problem if you're physically active it's good for recharging your muscle glycogen.
ah yeah that varies. there are some extremely low fat, or some like brioche buns which actually have saturated fat and use butter/eggs. has Peat ever talked about sprouted wheat flour? apparently better than even sourdough?
do you mean betaine like trimethylglycine?

Michael Mohn

French brioche is probably fine as the French bake a lot with butter but once I checked on some burger buns in the grocery store and the pufa content is really bad. Sprouted grains or malted flour is the best because it's not a seed anymore but a plant and a lot of the antinutrients are released probably attracting some micro organism that support the plant growth. Yes, Betaine is trimethylglycine, Chris Masterjohn said wheat is a good source of betaine.

Dr. B

French brioche is probably fine as the French bake a lot with butter but once I checked on some burger buns in the grocery store and the pufa content is really bad. Sprouted grains or malted flour is the best because it's not a seed anymore but a plant and a lot of the antinutrients are released probably attracting some micro organism that support the plant growth. Yes, Betaine is trimethylglycine, Chris Masterjohn said wheat is a good source of betaine.
yea most burger buns are probably bad. i think even the brioche buns at walmart once were 3.5g total fat, of which half was saturated and the remainder was likely monounsaturated. i dont think bread has PUFA unless they actually cook with it in which case you should see canola oil, pufa listed in ingredients right

T

TheBeard

I am thinking of taking progesterone as Peat mentions it helps with intelligence, and also since I have avoided bright lights, which probably caused progesterone deficiency, however, I don't know if LED lights also work to prevent this.

You must have been severely androgen-deficient all the way too.
I would strongly recommend virilizing yourself ASAP with high androgens doses, it's still time for the changes to be permanent.

Dr. B

You must have been severely androgen-deficient all the way too.
I would strongly recommend virilizing yourself ASAP with high androgens doses, it's still time for the changes to be permanent.
which androgens? like progesterone + dhea? or progesterone + keto dht?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals