Quinoa Is It Really Bad?

pboy

Saying "worst offenders" sounds like fear mongering about some trivial food. The P content of quinoa has nothing to do with how well one who's concerned with their Ca to P ratio balances it. Almost Everything is loaded with P. The ratio has to do with the overall picture.

It's was not just the Incas. People today in SA still consume it, as well as other places.

This is highly subjective. I would put roasted turkey in that category.

This sounds like spiritual stuff.

You mean the caloric engine of humanity? Tell that to the Teff eaters in Ethiopia, who aren't as fat and sick, and have less heart disease.

But if you go by that you would then have to claim that anything that requires amylase is toxic. So the amylase action of potatoes is toxic too?

youre right about African teff eaters and lto of high carb in general being healthier than a lot of westerners. Theres many factors at play...Iit might be spiritual its not something that has been quantified by science but its apparent...its something I think so many people are used to their whole lives and wouldn't notice until off such foods for a long time, have a lot of forward optimistic myelination happen, and then eat them to see (grains and consciousness). The phosphorus content, you're right is high in many foods...but usually these are foods that need to be cooked and or aren't necessarily seemingly the most natural to humans...but yes, grains have facilitated societs, civilizations, technology ect...but also oppressive slavery, anxiety issues, seemingly unintended and potentially excessive reproduction, and other things. I just say what it is in the current state...cause humanity might have the means to improve from grain heavy diets at this point and be better off and still have enough energy if people are on board and do the right thing, trade and produce well, don't war or scheme, and things like that. As per amylase, I'm not sure, but if it is the case, then yea potatoes even might be a stress to a degree. I'm not sure if its that or just the fact usually grains lack the nutrients to process the carbs alone...so the pancreas heaviness or tiredness might be just cause of that, in which case potatoes wouldn't be an issue, and you could add things to balance them...and also theres the potential that just anything oxidized...cooked for a long time usually does this, in of itself, is a bit of a stress. I'm not totally sure on that one, but still, be it what it is about grains caloric value and what they've facilitated, they still gear the consciousness to the bowel, and the issues that reside there such as fear, hoarding, nervous issues, closed off to new ideas or growth, heaviness, lack of forbrain activity, and other things...and if humans have got to where they are now, imagine how much better it would be if that is in fact the case and more people started promoting a better or more human consciousness with their diet...the forebrain. The rear brain is more associated with primitive processes and states, rather than evolution and community and equality even and such things, cooperation, and less scheming to more giving, sharing, growing, more joy instead of conflict

It's grains, seeds, nuts and meat that are high in phosphorus and have a bad ratio of calcium to phosphorus.

... but, the ratio is pretty bad in quinoa. How much kale would you want to eat to balance the phosphorus from quinoa?

1 cup of goat milk has 271 mg's of P.

1 cup of quinoa has 281 mg's.

The same. Yes, dairy has Ca. One can achieve Ca intake in more ways than just plain kale. There are ways to concentrate it from greens just like one would concentrate it from oyster shell or egg shell, if they didn't do dairy. I personally have a mega stew of green broth always brewing, not only for Ca for for Mg and others. If I were to test the amount of Ca, it would be high. Blackstrap molasses is another way to get more Ca in and it has low P. Many dairy products show to be high in P. Yes they have Ca, but I still stand by my statement that everything is loaded with P. If one cup of milk has anywhere from 200+ - 300 mg's of P, most don't just drink 1 cup, more like 5 or more per day. It all adds up. Where as most who eat something like quinoa would only eat about 1 cup per day or in the case of quinoa it most likely wouldn't even be daily.

Cheese, mozzarella, whole milk Nutrition Facts & Calories

Cheese, mozzarella, nonfat Nutrition Facts & Calories

Milk, goat, fluid Nutrition Facts & Calories

Milk, whole, 3.25% milkfat Nutrition Facts & Calories

Cheese, ricotta, whole milk Nutrition Facts & Calories

Milk, sheep, fluid Nutrition Facts & Calories - 387 mg's for one cup

Milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A Nutrition Facts & Calories

Milk, lowfat, fluid, 1% milkfat, with added vitamin A Nutrition Facts & Calories

A cup of dry whole milk has 993 mg's of P? That's surprising. I wonder if that indicates theres more P than can be measured in the fluid state.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

The incas were not a civilisation IMO ,they ritually sacrificed humans of all ages,probably the quinoa!
1evllv.jpg

DaveFoster

So much paranoia on this forum... you people have to start learning to understand that all food is good, its about balancing a diet, every piece of food has pros n cons, the amount people that scrutinize food on this forum is insane.
My roommate eats Doritos. They must be a good food.

OP
Queequeg

Queequeg

Who said human sacrifice ever ended?

Wickerman
Celtic-wicker-man.jpg

Burning Man
serveimage

PUFA Man
:nomnompopcorn

Drareg

This is Amazing.
I loved this game as a kid, was it Peaty though?

I have had a curiousity for a long time that gaming like grand theft auto may lower stress hormones possibly prolactin,it may increase DHT for example. Free flowing games where you don't necessarily have to win seem to be the best for this.

Drareg

As if the Inca's were the only people to practice human sacrifice:

8 Ancient Cultures That Practiced Ritual Human Sacrifice

And outside of sacrifice, you have simple atrocities that by his logic would mean that the British diet caused this:

10 Evil Crimes Of The British Empire - Listverse

Human sacrifice still goes on today,it's called modern warfare where you allow your child to join an army for the elite class("elite" new definition =loads of monopolised money). The elite class use words to cover the actions,like patriotism,your country etc.
It's a slower more passive aggressive kind of human sacrifice where your child is convinced it has meaning just like those who the incas sacrificed believed it was necessary to keep their "civilisation" great.

The british are the only empire in history to never develope a great cuisine,when you consider the fact that the modern queen Victoria's greatest contribution to brtish cuisine is a coronation chicken(curry chicken sandwich) in a northern hemispheres climate,the Mayo is probably based on rapeseed oil,the bread has gluten and curry is serotonergic. They ate terribly throughout history for an empire,90% of the population smoked opium during Victorian era for example.

All other empires developed great cuisines as a side effect of immense power affording chefs,even to this day the cuisine and chefs in britain are wildly overhyped by marketing and PR forces compared to its neighbours in Europe,the uk chefs just steal ideas from European chefs.

Nature's ironic and humorous side comes to the fore when we consider the propaganda against the Irish during the famine in relation to potato eating,before the famine the Irish were taller and generally fitter than its neighbours in the uk,people of the uk were eating and drinking all the exotic type foods we have today,probably even quinoa,the Irish had potatoes dipped in saltwater and dairy!!
The famine epigentically stopped this in its tracks.

DaveFoster

This is Amazing.
I loved this game as a kid, was it Peaty though?

I have had a curiousity for a long time that gaming like grand theft auto may lower stress hormones possibly prolactin,it may increase DHT for example. Free flowing games where you don't necessarily have to win seem to be the best for this.
Games are very strongly dopaminergic, hence video game addiction.

"Having to win" usually comes when I lose and subsequent aggression; playing the game is fun, but losing is not. Micro-goals, such as in Grand Theft Auto add some depth to this dynamic.

Drareg

Games are very strongly dopaminergic, hence video game addiction.

"Having to win" usually comes when I lose and subsequent aggression; playing the game is fun, but losing is not. Micro-goals, such as in Grand Theft Auto add some depth to this dynamic.

So it does lower prolactin ! This experiment is a college students chance for glory amongst gaming companies,they will fund the research.

LadyRae

Resurrecting this old thread- happy to see some WestSidePufa comments.

Yesterday I made some no-bake cookies with a cup of cooked and then cooled quinoa, instead of the gluten-free rolled oats I had been using. The oat cookies had been giving me a lot of bloating and indigestion and horrible sleep but I love no bake cookies so I wanted to come up with an alternative.

So far, excellent results! After eating several cookies, and watching for a day, I can say that I have no bloating or gas, in fact my stomach is super flat even more than normal.

If anyone out there is not tolerating odds then I would suggest giving quinoa a shot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals