Ray's response (10.13.21) on Jung, for the lonely...

CoconutEffect

Me: What can one do to attract the right kind people into one's life? As I find as the culture becoming increasingly authoritarian, I'm feeling especially afraid here in NYC.
There's something to this quote by Jung.

"If you do your work truly and conscientiously, unknown friends will come and seek you." CG Jung

Do you agree, and do you have anything to add?

Ray:
If you try to do something that you think someone should be doing, you’re likely to meet others with similar inclinations.
I agree with Jung on that quote. However, the wrong kind of people can also be attracted to such unusual conscientious workers..

Me:
Yes, that has happened to me. What would be the biological imbalance underpinning such unusually conscientious work?

Ray:
I don’t think it’s an imbalance, more like a coherence.

--

I loved this man, and will miss him dearly.
cleardot.gif

Regina

Me: What can one do to attract the right kind people into one's life? As I find as the culture becoming increasingly authoritarian, I'm feeling especially afraid here in NYC.
There's something to this quote by Jung.

"If you do your work truly and conscientiously, unknown friends will come and seek you." CG Jung

Do you agree, and do you have anything to add?

Ray:
If you try to do something that you think someone should be doing, you’re likely to meet others with similar inclinations.
I agree with Jung on that quote. However, the wrong kind of people can also be attracted to such unusual conscientious workers..

Me:
Yes, that has happened to me. What would be the biological imbalance underpinning such unusually conscientious work?

Ray:
I don’t think it’s an imbalance, more like a coherence.

--

I loved this man, and will miss him dearly.
cleardot.gif
Great. And so immediately insightful.
Thx for sharing this.

haidut

Forum Supporter
However, the wrong kind of people can also be attracted to such unusual conscientious workers..

This part of his quote should not be underestimated.
I think Ray's inherent optimism got very much "moderated" since the pandemic started, and this quote is a testament to that. In my experience, in a place with very authoritarian culture where most people are on (pharma) drugs and very poor diet, one should be very careful what one does and what one tells others about that. It is amazing how quickly in such places a gang of parasites (or worse, evildoers) can materialize out of nowhere and rapidly either sabotage the good deeds and/or devise countless ways to ensnare the "sucker" so he/she is exploited for their gain. Much to Ray's chagrin, these days good deeds are better done alone.

Peater

In my experience, in a place with very authoritarian culture where most people are on (pharma) drugs and very poor diet, one should be very careful what one does and what one tells others about that. It is amazing how quickly in such places a gang of parasites (or worse, evildoers) can materialize out of nowhere and rapidly either sabotage the good deeds and/or devise countless ways to ensnare the "sucker" so he/she is exploited for their gain. Much to Ray's chagrin, these days good deeds are better done alone.
What makes that even more worrisome is that history shows us numerous examples of what people can be like but never before have they been so hopped up on SSRIs, PUFA and estrogenic foods/birth control.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Yes, and that's one Jordan Peterson's fundamental messages. Also, he said recently that ancient archetypal battles are escalating because of technology. But why don't we keep this thread positive? That was also part of Haidut's message. How about the pyschedelc revolution coming, or that there was no beautiful music recorded during the time of WW2.

Regina

This part of his quote should not be underestimated.
I think Ray's inherent optimism got very much "moderated" since the pandemic started, and this quote is a testament to that. In my experience, in a place with very authoritarian culture where most people are on (pharma) drugs and very poor diet, one should be very careful what one does and what one tells others about that. It is amazing how quickly in such places a gang of parasites (or worse, evildoers) can materialize out of nowhere and rapidly either sabotage the good deeds and/or devise countless ways to ensnare the "sucker" so he/she is exploited for their gain. Much to Ray's chagrin, these days good deeds are better done alone.
Yeah. That insight cut through to me with seering memories.

It's not easy to find like-minded people these days.
So I try to lose myself in gardening and then neighbors poison it.
For no other reasons other than a spirit of destruction and duping delight.

You can just throw your hands up and wonder how are they even adults?

OP
C

CoconutEffect

What makes that even more worrisome is that history shows us numerous examples of what people can be like but never before have they been so hopped up on SSRIs, PUFA and estrogenic foods/birth control.
MDMA and Psilocybin therapy will change the arc of history. Our cullture is though possessed by Freud's Thanatos. I see it as an arms race.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals