Red Light Device VS Incandescent Light Bulbs?

cyclops

I've heard Ray recommend red light countless times and specifically sitting under incandescents. I got some some of the heat lamps off Amazon and sit under them for hours.

Also, a few companies came out with Red Light Devices that are in line with Ray Peat's work. I have one from redlightman and use it for short periods of time as recommended.

Basically, I'd like to compare and understand the difference between these two supplemental light methods. Are they both basically achieving the same thing? Or are there different benefits from each? The Red Light device is definitely more expensive, but I already have it so that's not a concern.

I'd like to get rid of the heat lamps if it's redundant, since its a more bulky setup and more time consuming. With the red light device I just use it for a few seconds in the morning; much quicker and simpler.

murdoc

the advantage of red light LEDs is that you can apply those devices directly to a certain area without burning yourself. but they contain only a small part of the whole spectrum.
So for deeper penetration you would need an infrared device with 700 nm - 850 nm wavelenghts. I think those red light man leds are valuable for specific treatments with short term application. the incadescent heat lamps are better for room light and long term exposure...

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Yea, I have a wider spectrum red light device 620-830. So I'm wondering if I'd be getting any additional value from sitting under heat lamps that Ray talks about.

For my lifestyle, I'd prefer to just an incandescent light in the light socket for room lighting, and then the redlightman device for additional therapeutic benefits. But Im not sure if sitting under like 5 or 6 heat lamps for much longer periods of time gives additional benefits that the red light device is not.

I consider it an open question what the difference is and how much between the red LED devices and Incandescent bulbs.

It certainly seems like in some very targeted applications the ability to put the red/infrared LEDs against skin without warming alllows for specific benefits not possible with hot Incandescents, but it's also possible sitting under high-watt Incandescents for multiple hours per day has the bulk of the general purpose benefits we are looking for with red light therapy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals