Red Light Man Full Body Device

I have been using whole body red light for a few months. I also have used red light man's red light device for over one year. I notice dramatic improvements in my health. Right now, a knee that has always bothered me is me no more pain. That's just one example.

I use the joov full body red light device, and the redlightman red light for spot treatment of my prostate, testicles, mouth and other bits.

I've been using it on my thyroid for some time too.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

I have been using whole body red light for a few months. I also have used red light man's red light device for over one year. I notice dramatic improvements in my health. Right now, a knee that has always bothered me is me no more pain. That's just one example.

I use the joov full body red light device, and the redlightman red light for spot treatment of my prostate, testicles, mouth and other bits.

Did you notice any specific improvements when going to the full body light? You got the monster Joovv, with like, 480 leds, correct?

Eilee

Can this combo might be used anytime of day or just first thing in the morning and evening?

Can you get too much?

Also, is there much of a difference between the 850 and 830 nm?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Oh my god. I had no idea red light man had made this. I've bought a few of his products before. Gutted it is out of stock. This is an absolute game changer IMO. The closest thing I have seen to this is THOR therapy bed which costs 150,000 dollars (it does have about 3000 leds). Never even heard of joovv.

Can't wait to buy one.

Last edited:
OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Can this combo might be used anytime of day or just first thing in the morning and evening?

Can you get too much?

Also, is there much of a difference between the 850 and 830 nm?

You can use it any time of the day. Multiple times, or in a single dose.

It is possible to get too much, although exactly what "too much" is a subject for debate and further research. It's even possible that after a certain amount of exposure, local tissue could be damaged or fatigued, while blood flowing through the area continues to reap benefits, and spread it to the rest of the body. So even an "overdose" could have a net positive effect (at least to some degree).

I believe it was Tiina Karu's research that showed 820-30 was more readily absorbed than higher wavelengths, like 850.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Oh my god. I had no idea, he had made this. Gutted it is out of stock. This is an absolute game changer IMO. The closest thing I have seen to this is THOR therapy bed which costs 150,000 dollars!

Can't wait to buy one.

Yeah, that THORpod does look pretty cool! Maybe not $150,000 cool, but cool.

I figured, not only could the Combo Bodylight increase dose while lowering therapy time, but experimenting with things like using it for Muscle Growth (combined with weight training) wouldn't be possible or feasible with the smaller devices.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Yeah, that THORpod does look pretty cool! Maybe not $150,000 cool, but cool.

I figured, not only could the Combo Bodylight increase dose while lowering therapy time, but experimenting with things like using it for Muscle Growth (combined with weight training) wouldn't be possible or feasible with the smaller devices.

I'm definitely interested in it for the athletic improvement aspects as I know that there have been a few professional sports teams that have purchased thor beds. But I am also interested in it for treatment of chronic health conditions such as Parkinson's disease due to its ability to lower Nitric Oxide and improve overall metabolic health.

I messaged the red light man, anyone know when they will be back in stock?

Soren

Forum Supporter

Could you elaborate a bit on your thoughts overall on the joov device? It looks pretty impressive. What sort of health improvements have you seen aside from the pain improvement. Any improved mental clarity for example? Thanks.

Could you elaborate a bit on your thoughts overall on the joov device? It looks pretty impressive. What sort of health improvements have you seen aside from the pain improvement. Any improved mental clarity for example? Thanks.

I think my allergies are better. My feeling of wellbeing is higher. Now my wife has started too. I think it's a really big advantage to have full body exposure. I miss it when I am away. I bring redlightman's device with me when I travel but the whole body device is really unbeatable.

I use it for about 8 or 9 minutes in the morning

Soren

Forum Supporter
I think my allergies are better. My feeling of wellbeing is higher. Now my wife has started too. I think it's a really big advantage to have full body exposure. I miss it when I am away. I bring redlightman's device with me when I travel but the whole body device is really unbeatable.

I use it for about 8 or 9 minutes in the morning

Interesting thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it is having some real benefits. I have a few of redlightman's devices and they work great but have always wanted to try a full body product.

I was looking at Thor's light-pod product a while back and was thinking about replicating it on my own but it was a bit above my electrical skills. Something I did find out that I thought was interesting was the treatment time for the thor-pod. The Thor-pod has a very large amount of LEDs so you would think that the treatment time would be very short say 5-10 minutes. Yet the treatment time they recommend is 20 minutes. I managed to speak to one of their sales reps and he told me that this is because they believe that there is a greater beneficial effect from red light therapy if the energy levels that the cells need to reach is achieved over a longer period of time. In other words instead of using very high energy leds and getting the cells to a energy level X in 5 minutes it is better to get them to that same energy level over a slightly longer period of time say 20 minutes. I don't know how this is achieved as I have seen videos of the thor pod and it looks like it is putting out a lot of energy. Also I have been unable to find any studies as evidence for this claim.

However, intuitively to me this makes some sense. There could be some risk of overloading the cells with too much light energy too quickly which would facilitate a negative feedback loop which negates the benefits somewhat. I suppose one way to solve this with these products would be to stand slightly further away but this might limit somewhat the depth of the lights penetration. I would love to know @RedLightMan thoughts on this if he has a chance.

aarfai

@aarfai Every 2 hours I run a red light over all of my reachable skin, and after Im done I go over and concentrate on specific areas for another few minutes. A lot of the time in between the 2 hours Im usually under 2 250watt 130volt infrared clear heat lamps.
Thank you. And just to double check you use the full body red light man (670/830nm) product?

Ron J

@tankasnowgod @tca300
Is there a reason why, or just speculating? It would suck if we can't get all the benefits from light devices.
"Reason for what?"
*edit: In regards to not being able to get as many benefits from light devices compared to sunlight.

Last edited:

RedLightMan

Interesting thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it is having some real benefits. I have a few of redlightman's devices and they work great but have always wanted to try a full body product.

I was looking at Thor's light-pod product a while back and was thinking about replicating it on my own but it was a bit above my electrical skills. Something I did find out that I thought was interesting was the treatment time for the thor-pod. The Thor-pod has a very large amount of LEDs so you would think that the treatment time would be very short say 5-10 minutes. Yet the treatment time they recommend is 20 minutes. I managed to speak to one of their sales reps and he told me that this is because they believe that there is a greater beneficial effect from red light therapy if the energy levels that the cells need to reach is achieved over a longer period of time. In other words instead of using very high energy leds and getting the cells to a energy level X in 5 minutes it is better to get them to that same energy level over a slightly longer period of time say 20 minutes. I don't know how this is achieved as I have seen videos of the thor pod and it looks like it is putting out a lot of energy. Also I have been unable to find any studies as evidence for this claim.

However, intuitively to me this makes some sense. There could be some risk of overloading the cells with too much light energy too quickly which would facilitate a negative feedback loop which negates the benefits somewhat. I suppose one way to solve this with these products would be to stand slightly further away but this might limit somewhat the depth of the lights penetration. I would love to know @RedLightMan thoughts on this if he has a chance.

Most studies on the skin tend to stick to the sub-100mW/cm2 light intensity range. It does seem that if you go over that then the results are relatively worse (although still positive/beneficial), even at the same total dose.
So 100mW/cm2 light for 10 minutes would be better than 200mW/cm2 light for 5 minutes for most skin applications.
Therefore I would agree that with most devices, achieving the dose over a longer time from slightly further away would give better results for the skin.
I think the main problem with higher intensity skin application is not 'overloading the cells' but just skin hyperthermia - the cells don't function that well when the intense light (e.g. 500mW/cm2) inadvertently heats them up. I have seen studies with high intensity lasers/LEDs that were pressed onto the skin, but also used an active cooling system to maintain normal skin body temperature, and results were good.

If you want to target deeper tissue however, the best way to use light is different than for the skin. You need to use higher light intensities (of near-infrared) - 100mW/cm2 - 250mW/cm2. This is because the light needs to be more intense to penetrate deeper into the body. So it's sort of like the opposite of how to use it on the skin - 200mW/cm2 for 5 minutes would likely give better results for something like joint arthritis than 100mW/cm2 for 10 minutes would.

T

tca300

I edited it: "In regards to not being able to get as many benefits from light devices compared to sunlight."
Light devices probably cant match the sun, but light devices have advantages in regards to being able to use the light device much longer because lack of ultra violet light/blue. I dont get much sun, and seem to be doing fine mostly on light devices, but when I do get sun exposure it affects me noticeably more than my artificial light does.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals