Regarding PRIVACY. PURCHASE TRACKING. CARBON TRACKING. Help Requested.

Momma

Went to Walmart with husband yesterday and i woke up this morning with an email stating- thank you for your latest purchase; because we love you so much we have a wonderful convenience of tracking you and your purchases here.

I don’t have their app. I wasn’t signed in to their website. And my husband used his CC not mine. I also have all my location features off my phone as an aside.

So I don’t like where we are headed here.
Purchase tracking. Carbon tracking. Privacy obliterated. Dystopian feel.

My only recourse was to delete my CC information from their website. And do as they said in their Privacy link. But i am not into trusting them or Amazon et al.

What else can i do?
Not only with Walmart, but to protect my online, purchasing and financial privacy moving forward. Are cash transactions the only way.

Can someone advise?

B883D048-74F0-48AC-8A98-DE6376B7C1ED.png

A

Adnada

Went to Walmart with husband yesterday and i woke up this morning with an email stating- thank you for your latest purchase; because we love you so much we have a wonderful convenience of tracking you and your purchases here.

I don’t have their app. I wasn’t signed in to their website. And my husband used his CC not mine. I also have all my location features off my phone as an aside.

So I don’t like where we are headed here.
Purchase tracking. Carbon tracking. Privacy obliterated. Dystopian feel.

My only recourse was to delete my CC information from their website. And do as they said in their Privacy link. But i am not into trusting them or Amazon et al.

What else can i do?
Not only with Walmart, but to protect my online, purchasing and financial privacy moving forward. Are cash transactions the only way.

Can someone advise?

View attachment 48006
I no longer do business with walmart or Amazon. I search out smaller businesses, preferably those manufacturing their products in my country (US). It is less convenient and more expensive, but only in the short term. STOP FINANCING YOUR ENEMY.

OP
M

Momma

I no longer do business with walmart or Amazon. I search out smaller businesses, preferably those manufacturing their products in my country (US). It is less convenient and more expensive, but only in the short term. STOP FINANCING YOUR ENEMY.
That really is the answer isn’t it.

My credit card on file with Walmart was my business card; not attached to my husband- but to our shared address. I guess Wells Fargo Bank is linking them or something.

Thank you for your comment.

JamesGatz

Consider this:

They ALREADY KNOW everything that you do on a daily basis

They just HAVENT LET YOU KNOW that THEY KNOW everything you do until now

They don't interrupt your daily life unless you're a #BADBOY and got something NAUGHTY planned

But anyway, this is why I dont care about any of these things, once you SET FOOT in a store, they are TRACKING YOUR MOVES

The only REAL WAY to TRULY ESCAPE is to remove technology/convenience from ones life as much as possible and this would mean DOING EVERYTHING FOR OURSELVES

California, Virginia, the EU and a few other states soon (e.g. New York) have a “right to request deletion” type law so you can contact them and they delete your history. See their privacy policy.

What Are Your State Privacy Rights?​

California Privacy Rights
California residents should refer to our California Privacy Notice for more information about our privacy practices and their California privacy rights.

Virginia Privacy Rights
Virginia residents can exercise the following rights by going to the footer of our website or settings section of our app and selecting the “Request My Personal Information” link:

1. Request to Access My Personal Information
  2. Delete My Personal Information
  3. Correct My Personal Information

OP
M

Momma

Consider this:

They ALREADY KNOW everything that you do on a daily basis

They just HAVENT LET YOU KNOW that THEY KNOW everything you do until now

They don't interrupt your daily life unless you're a #BADBOY and got something NAUGHTY planned

But anyway, this is why I dont care about any of these things, once you SET FOOT in a store, they are TRACKING YOUR MOVES

The only REAL WAY to TRULY ESCAPE is to remove technology/convenience from ones life as much as possible and this would mean DOING EVERYTHING FOR OURSELVES
Thx

California, Virginia, the EU and a few other states soon (e.g. New York) have a “right to request deletion” type law so you can contact them and they delete your history. See their privacy policy.

What Are Your State Privacy Rights?​

California Privacy Rights
California residents should refer to our California Privacy Notice for more information about our privacy practices and their California privacy rights.

Virginia Privacy Rights
Virginia residents can exercise the following rights by going to the footer of our website or settings section of our app and selecting the “Request My Personal Information” link:

1. Request to Access My Personal Information
  2. Delete My Personal Information
  3. Correct My Personal Information
Great. Thank you.

-Luke-

Translation
Norway's government may not record individual citizens' food purchases

4. 06. 2023 | Statistics Norway wanted to obtain detailed data on individual citizens' food purchases by merging supermarket receipts and payment data. The data protection authority has now banned this. This is a step backward for those working to enable governments to improve the behavior of their citizens by capturing and managing their purchasing patterns.

I reported last June on the Norwegian Statistics Authority's intention to require the country's major supermarket chains to provide it with electronic sales slips. This data on purchased products was to be automatically merged with payment data on digitally paid purchases. This would have made it possible to determine who bought what.

The stated aim of this measure was to improve the eating habits of citizens. The state wanted to know which groups it had to target in particular in this direction.

From there, the step is not far to either thwart purchases of "unhealthy" food and beverages. E.g. for welfare recipients, as is already practiced in Australia. Or to make such purchases more expensive for some people - for example, overweight people. One can think, for example, of a surcharge to finance health insurance.

The Norwegian Data Protection Authority has now banned the encroaching scheme on the grounds of disproportionate interference with people's privacy.

Makrosky

What do you mean by "CARBON TRACKING"?

The moment they want to enforce the carbon quotas, do not worry, you won't be able to escape it. First come the CBDCs.

Panopticon

they will use the 5g satellites to normalize satellite tracking even if you don't have a phone(I junked my phone)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom