Safe Jewelry. Radiation and Toxicity in Gemstones

freyasam

I'm looking for safe earrings for daily wear. I'd prefer simple stud earrings with an affordable gemstone.

The metal part is easy. Solid 925 sterling silver is the safest choice (otherwise there may be lead and other toxic metals). I'll pass on the mercury and arsenic found in some gold jewelry.

The gemstone part is more challenging. Apparently many gemstones, including blue topaz, are irradiated. Of course it's claimed the gemstone is set aside for the radioactivity to die down and thus be safe to wear, but I don't trust companies to do the right thing when profit's on the line.

Other gemstones like turquoise are treated with acrylic resins. I don't want resins on my body everyday long term.

Is anything safe? Anyone have more info about gemstone toxicity or know of a less toxic gemstone?

Last edited:

JamesGatz

I've experimented with about a billion different gems and stones and the way this rock is "treated" has NEVER bothered me

Its like clothes - yea some clothes have non-ideal dyes or have been fumigated or whatever but if you go based on feel and air it out or wash it its not a big deal

Its not like food where you can clearly taste the difference between GMO poison and something freshly grown

Some rocks have bothered me though but it was the rock itself not the treatment

In terms of what metal/gemstone is best - it DEPENDS on what you are trying to achieve - I can tell you sterling silver is not the "best"

If its been irradiated I really don't think it matters - I CAN REALLY SENSE these things and if it doesn't bother me then I doubt it would bother anyone on here

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom