Seed Oil Aversion Becoming More Popular

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Michael says he believes they're the cause of all the problems in the world. I wonder if he's reading the forum lol.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Too bad they didn't at least touch on why they're bad
Agreed. After thinking about it, he must be getting his info from a Peat source. I don't see how anyone could say they're the cause of every problem in the world without knowing just how far-reaching the PUFA problem is, and I've never heard anyone non-Peat go that far.

Jessie

Not a fan actually. I've increasingly seen the seed oil topic becoming politicized. The negative cultural consequences would supersede any sort of positively associated health consequences. The people who care about their health were already avoiding them anyways.

This will hurt the movement in the long run. At least from being taken seriously in the name of scientific exploration. Because the movement's biggest advocates will be people claiming seed oils are the reason for transgenderism or gender equality or intersectionality, or toxic masculinity, or whatever "plug" you can think of.

You already see weird right-wingers on Twitter saying crap like: "In Clint Eastwood's day men were men, because seed oils didn't exist and they tanned their balls with sunlight."

Complete dumbfuckery.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Not a fan actually. I've increasingly seen the seed oil topic becoming politicized. The negative cultural consequences would supersede any sort of positively associated health consequences. The people who care about their health were already avoiding them anyways.

This will hurt the movement in the long run. At least from being taken seriously in the name of scientific exploration. Because the movement's biggest advocates will be people claiming seed oils are the reason for transgenderism or gender equality or intersectionality, or toxic masculinity, or whatever "plug" you can think of.

You already see weird right-wingers on Twitter saying crap like: "In Clint Eastwood's day men were men, because seed oils didn't exist and they tanned their balls with sunlight."

Complete dumbfuckery.
I agree that it being politicized isn't a good thing, but I still think it's a net positive. I had no idea about the negative effects of PUFA until I stumbled across someone sharing that info and then looked into it for myself. I think that small seeds of information being transmitted to as many people as possible, possibly getting some people to look further is a great thing, regardless of the political persuasion of messenger.

And even if it was heavy politicized, that could lead to 10s or 100s of millions of people avoiding PUFA products and buying alternatives. It could change the entire food industry, once it hits a tipping point, and improve the health of everyone. Maybe I'm an optimist but I see this as a great thing, whether it be Michael Knowles or Cenk Uygur who shares it. Of course I'd rather it was Dr. Peat giving a national public broadcast, but I'll take what I can get.

cremes

Pretty sure there are at least 3 separate threads in the past 6 months focused on the topic of sunlight or red light or infrared on balls. In general, rubbing or shining something on one's balls is a very popular topic in this forum. Makes me nuts (pun).

And it's pretty easily to correlate the rise of seed oil in food to societal obesity. Can't say it's causative, of course, but between seed oil, iron fortification, fear of sunlight / vitamin D, reduced milk consumption, and other dietary changes that occurred in the last 100-120 years, one of them has to be right. Or some combo of them. Maybe?

Complete dumbfuckery.
If you remove the reference to Clint Eastwood, that phrase is completely anodyne here.

Haha, just pointing this out because it's pretty funny.

Gadsie

Complete dumbfuckery.
Or it’s used to sell some tallow/coconut fried potato chips for $20/oz

Momma

I’ll chime in because I’m not a fan of Shapiro at all. And this Knowles guy didn’t impress me either. Staying in ones lane is relevant here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals