Simple Syrup And Salt Are Incredible Additions To The Diet

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

Sad to say I have been underrating Sugar(simple syrup) and salt for years while on PEAT.

Starting Adding large doses of simple sugar to my juices alongside salt and the benefits have been awesome.

1) That vigrant glowing skin, cracked hands have been healing fast.
2) Also fat cravings have disappeared-My body craving sugar and fighting to squeeze enough sucrose from unripe fruit/juices led to fat cravings as alternative energy sources.

Give it a go

Half a mason jar with sugar- add microwaved water(2-3 minutes) stir.

I believe there are serious benefits to free floating glucose/fructose(simple syrup) rather than even plain sucrose.

AnonE

I like added sugar too but I worry about:

1) Lowered nutrient density per calorie capita,

2) Just overall high calories, e.g. less room for protein and saturated fats.

What do you guys think about this? Trying to maintain my ~12% body fat and muscle mass.

tankasnowgod

Sad to say I have been underrating Sugar(simple syrup) and salt for years while on PEAT.

Starting Adding large doses of simple sugar to my juices alongside salt and the benefits have been awesome.

2) Also fat cravings have disappeared-My body craving sugar and fighting to squeeze enough sucrose from unripe fruit/juices led to fat cravings as alternative energy sources.

Give it a go

I believe there are serious benefits to free floating glucose/fructose(simple syrup) rather than even plain sucrose.

Interesting. Two things-

1. Any comments in regards to any weight gain or loss? Water retention, anything? Total amount of food eaten? If this is just added to regular intake, then we know it's just extra sugar cals.
2. Any details on how you added salt?

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Interesting. Two things-

1. Any comments in regards to any weight gain or loss? Water retention, anything? Total amount of food eaten? If this is just added to regular intake, then we know it's just extra sugar cals.
2. Any details on how you added salt?

1) To early to tell on weight gain, I did this awhile back adding it to milk 1%-whole % and while I felt great( same as now) the weight gain was noticable I believe due to the extra fat and trytophan/protein.
-Water retention down, as if the cells are relaxing and cortisol is lowering. Water retetion is actually down quite substantially, you just have to make sure you have gelatin/collagen with your sugared juice, other wise I can bloat up
-I don't track calories, But my fat cravings are way down and I really don't need any to stay warm now

Salt I take Sea salt found at costco and add it and syrup to orange juice and let it sit and shake it up it dissolves within 10 minutes( add to whole carton, not individual glasses).

Fractality

I worry about glyphosate in white sugar, especially when consuming large amounts like this. But yes, simple syrup is great.

tara

I used quite a bit of simle syrup for a while, in an attempt to reduce starch. It seemed good for a while, having come from habits of sugar restriction. After a while, I started to not feel so good about it. I think for me I needed more micronutrients, and wasn't up to having so much fructose. For someone else with stronger mineral reserves etc, and who has a better capacity to handle sugar, they may be OK with it. I figure now that I need all the potassium, magnesium etc that come with fruit, roots and veges, and some starch with my sugar gives me more stable energy than all sugar.

For someone like me, with the benefit of hindsight, I'd consider using simple syrup in smaller quantities - by all means add a little to juices to make them taste better etc, but not to make refined sugar syrup a major energy source, and to watch for whether you personally actually do feel and function better with high fructose than with more glucose sources/starch.

TeaRex14

I like added sugar too but I worry about:

1) Lowered nutrient density per calorie capita,

2) Just overall high calories, e.g. less room for protein and saturated fats.

What do you guys think about this? Trying to maintain my ~12% body fat and muscle mass.
It wouldn't exactly be easy, but I think it's technically possible to eat super high amounts of sucrose without any problems, especially if you're physically active. Taking Energin by Idealabs would help fill in the missing nutrient problem. 1/2oz - 1oz of grassfed beef liver everyday would fill in the rest missing nutrients. You could do this by making homemade liver capsules. High calories shouldn't be an issue if you avoid starch, pufa, and high fat diets. Protein ideally from lowfat dairy and gelatin for the calcium and anti-stress amino acids. A small amount of added coconut oil would also benefical. The overall issue is this type of dietary lifestyle wouldn't probably be sustainable in the long term, just too heavily restricted.

tankasnowgod

1) To early to tell on weight gain, I did this awhile back adding it to milk 1%-whole % and while I felt great( same as now) the weight gain was noticable I believe due to the extra fat and trytophan/protein.
-Water retention down, as if the cells are relaxing and cortisol is lowering. Water retetion is actually down quite substantially, you just have to make sure you have gelatin/collagen with your sugared juice, other wise I can bloat up
-I don't track calories, But my fat cravings are way down and I really don't need any to stay warm now

Salt I take Sea salt found at costco and add it and syrup to orange juice and let it sit and shake it up it dissolves within 10 minutes( add to whole carton, not individual glasses).

Man, if just drinking sugar as simple syrup turns out to be a "miracle" cure for edema...........

Really cool. Guess I'll be experimenting with adding a lot of simple syrup to stuff over the next few days. Did you ever mention how much salt to add to juice anywhere?

TeaRex14

Do you think it's still a concern with organic nonGMO cane sugar?
I would think all the impurities are removed during the refining process, I don't have any confirmation though. Buying organic would probably be a better guarantee. The bags of regular non-organic sugar I get from my local Kroger has the non-GMO label on it. I don't know if this means the sugar itself isn't GMO, or if their product has been tested for GMO impurities. My guess would be the former, considering beet sugar is genetically modified.

Fractality

How much simple syrup and salt do you add to 8 oz of juice? I'm considering this with my morning fresh squeezed orange juice. And yes @Blossom I believe organic non GMO sugar is the safest way to minimize glyphosate exposure.

Give it a go

I've been using a lot of refined white sugar for almost 2 years now without any side-effects. I always use at least 400 grams of it per day. I like combining melon juice, apple juice, gelatin, salt and sugar and drinking it hot. That probably breaks the sucrose into free sugars. To complement the refined sugar, I do use a lot of supplements, especially potassium and thiamine. Calories are extremely important, and calories from carbs are particularly good. As long as I make sure to ingest adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals from food and also from supplememts, this amount of sugar doesn't feel excessive at all. I noticed better skin when I started my high sugar regimen. It's probably because of the CO2, which, as Ray said, makes the skin healthy and pink.

Logan-

glyphosate in white sugar

Sugar from sugar cane instead of from sugar beets could be better for this issue.
Often Genetically Modified

Many consumers prefer cane sugar over beet sugar due to concerns about genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

In the US, it’s estimated that about 95% of sugar beets are genetically modified (11).

Conversely, all sugarcane currently produced in the US is considered non-GMO.

Some people are in favor of genetically modified crops as a sustainable source of food that is highly resistant to insects, herbicides and extreme weather (12).

Meanwhile, others prefer to avoid GMOs due to concerns of antibiotic resistance, food allergies and other possible adverse effects on health (13).

Though some animal studies have found that GMO consumption may cause toxic effects on the liver, kidney, pancreas and reproductive system, research on the effects on humans is still limited (14).

However, other studies have observed that humans can safely eat GMO crops and that they contain a nutrient profile that is comparable to conventional crops (15, 16).

If you’re worried about GMO crops, it’s best to select cane sugar or non-GMO beet sugar to help minimize your GMO exposure.

Summary Most sugar beets in the US are genetically modified while sugarcane is generally non-GMO.

Beet Sugar vs Cane Sugar: Which Is Healthier?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks @Fractality and @Logan-
That was my understanding too but I wanted to verify that I wasn’t missing something. Thanks again

Inaut

what about eating more marmalade to aid with co2 production. you also get the benefits of narigenin, limonene and vitamins from the peel as well i'd assume..? i've been dabbling lately.

what about eating more marmalade to aid with co2 production. you also get the benefits of narigenin, limonene and vitamins from the peel as well i'd assume..? i've been dabbling lately.
The peel most likely concentrates the pesticides, so eating organic marmalade is very important, I would think. Also, according to nutrition data, it doesn't contain much of any mineral, which is necessary for balancing out the refined sugar used in it. With that said, if balanced with minerals and vitamins from somewhere else, it's a good source of calories and flavonoids.
Marmalade, orange Nutrition Facts & Calories

tara

It wouldn't exactly be easy, but I think it's technically possible to eat super high amounts of sucrose without any problems, especially if you're physically active. Taking Energin by Idealabs would help fill in the missing nutrient problem. 1/2oz - 1oz of grassfed beef liver everyday would fill in the rest missing nutrients.
Depending on individual needs, this might be fine for some, but some of us probably need a good amount of potassium and magnesium at least with our sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals