Since taking k2 for a few months, plaque is chipping off my teeth

ironfist

I could feel something weird on the backs of my low front teeth.

I picked it off with my fingernail

Plaque.

Like, I know you're not supposed to be able to do this. Plaque is hard and you shouldn't be able to chip it off with your fingernail. But I have done this multiple times, once years ago when I was taking k2 again. After, my teeth feel textured. Plaque is smooth. They feel like how they feel after you end a dental visit.

joaquin

I've had the same experience.

Jam

Same.

baccheion

Vitamin K2 MK-4 has that effect once over 1 mg or so. That's how some tell if they need more. If plaque/grit starts coming back, they increase the dose.

Herbie

I was under the impression that this plaque chipping off was a sign that the teeth were moving in a direction of having more space and less crowding due to the k2 having a positive impact on the jaw

BrianF

Haven't had plaque since began supplementing with D3 & K2 about five years ago.

BrianF

I was under the impression that this plaque chipping off was a sign that the teeth were moving in a direction of having more space and less crowding due to the k2 having a positive impact on the jaw
Might be the case but didnt see too much difference in my jaws. I felt that plaque might be made of calcium and the D3 & K2 helped ensure the plaque wasnt building up in parts of the body it shouldnt be or perhaps since I was dropping it into my mouth, it might be dissolving it directly. Not sure. I know that arterial plaque is calcium and trials of large dose K2 in Japan cleaned up the plaque.

HeyThere

Might be the case but didnt see too much difference in my jaws. I felt that plaque might be made of calcium and the D3 & K2 helped ensure the plaque wasnt building up in parts of the body it shouldnt be or perhaps since I was dropping it into my mouth, it might be dissolving it directly. Not sure. I know that arterial plaque is calcium and trials of large dose K2 in Japan cleaned up the plaque.

That's exactly what they say K2 is for: The body putting the calcium where it should be and taking it out of the blood, for instance.

Herbie

Thank you

Herbie

That's exactly what they say K2 is for: The body putting the calcium where it should be and taking it out of the blood, for instance.
The calcium ends up in the blood when it's removed from the bones because of the para thyroid hormone doing this when the body doesn't recieve enough dietary calcium, are there other reasons for calcium being in the blood?

Thoth

I gave around 1/4 of Thornes k2 mk4 5mg to my dog every other day and in around 2 months it removed all the tartar he had

pondering

100mcg MK7 NOW and 5mg (5000mcg) MK4 Carlson.
I know this an old thread but I’m trying to solve some dental issues and trying understand k2 supplementation better. If you don’t mind me asking, do you also get plenty of calcium in your diet from food?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals