Smoking And Tobacco Use

X3CyO

This just in,

smoke sugar!

Its anabolic.

X3CyO

Basically the best awnser in regards to best type of tobacco is air/sun cured organic, additive free, and a filter not made of fiberous material, or no filter at all. All wrapped in a non firesafe treated paper.

Hestia is a great brand, but not fully certified organic yet, and meets all the above but the fact that they use virginia flue cured tobacco which is probably sprayed with sugar, and, use cellulose acetate filters. I was told theyre looking into cotton filters, but are in no rush to change that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

It is an application of an analysis on the available evidence ( most of which I cannot claim as mine ) and some common sense.

Here are some pictures of the devastation post-bombing.

Hiroshima ( Nuclear Weapon ):

01d0642394.jpg

0f997ad40b.jpg

Tokyo ( Fire-bombing ):

55d739c49d.jpg

Tokyo was also more industrialized at this point in history, meaning less bamboo/wood and more steel reinforced modern buildings.

Mushroom cloud from normal explosives, despite how the nuclear mushroom cloud has become iconic.

30 years after Chernobyl disaster, wildlife is flourishing in radioactive wasteland

i've gone down this hole before. I believe there to be some truth to it.

Some even say nuclear bombs are a falsehood. Which makes perfect sense considering every country still employs tanks, jets, navy...etc. There needs to be constand perpetual war for profits. Nuclear hoax is is believeable. Yet we cannot be sure.Potentially a populace scare tactic.

Makaveli

Basically the best awnser in regards to best type of tobacco is air/sun cured organic, additive free, and a filter not made of fiberous material, or no filter at all. All wrapped in a non firesafe treated paper.

Hestia is a great brand, but not fully certified organic yet, and meets all the above but the fact that they use virginia flue cured tobacco which is probably sprayed with sugar, and, use cellulose acetate filters. I was told theyre looking into cotton filters, but are in no rush to change that.

Do you inhale Hestia cigs? They look like mini cigars.

X3CyO

Do you inhale Hestia cigs? They look like mini cigars.

I do. They call them mini cigars just to get around cigarette regulations or something along those lines.

DaveFoster

Definitely not going to match Ray Peat's stamp for approval but this product is better than most if you are someone prone to an occasional chew.

General White Wintergreen Portion Snus
I have some. It's good quality. I always thought snus to be clean. It's still fairly porous with the tobacco steamed, and nonetheless still tobacco and fairly offensive.

Ell

[QUOTE="Some even say nuclear bombs are a falsehood. Which makes perfect sense considering every country still employs tanks, jets, navy...etc. There needs to be constand perpetual war for profits. Nuclear hoax is is believeable. Yet we cannot be sure.Potentially a populace scare tactic.[/QUOTE]

"The whole aim of a practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." Mencken

Ell

Tobacco smoke contains p-bzq., see page 10 in link below. This is one of Dr. W.F. Koch's reagents used successfully against several pathogens and metabolic disorders. At the correct concentration, 1,4-bzq is immuno-stimulating. At the higher concentrations, it is cytotoxic. Wagner, et al., Arzneimittel Forschung 38(1): 273-275 (1988) There is probably some validity to the proposition that smoking can be a healthy thing, although most have been programmed so this is difficult to accept. We know the tobacco plant severely depletes minerals from soil it is grown in, so, when you smoke, you are getting your minerals, to boot.

Tobacco Smoke Constituents Affecting Oxidative Stress - Springer

Travis

Nicotine is a good drug, in my opinion. It improves reaction time, word recall, and numerous other tests when given in laboratory settings. Test subjects do not smoke, but are give either an i.v. infusion or a patch.

Smoking has been found so protective against Parkinson's that they even correct for this in multivariate statistical models. I'm serious, and I have seen this is more than one article.

TreasureVibe

Cigarette tobacco (and any tobacco product) contains radioactive polonium-210 and lead-210

Radiation in Tobacco | RadTown USA | US EPA

The tobacco industry knew this since the 1950s and also knew of the cancer properties of these radioactive elements, yet did not do anything about it. This has all been documented in official studies which can still be read to this day online on PubMed for example. To cite the guy from the Youtube video who wrote in a comment:

Question: The polonium-210 and lead-210 are in the fertilizer right? So why not just cut it out? That would save money and make it more healthy.

Answer: This is why (which is basically evil): “The industry was concerned that the acid media would ionize the nicotine, making it more difficult to be absorbed into the brains of smokers and depriving them of that instant nicotine rush that fuels their addiction,” Karagueuzian said. “ - The acid media they discuss is what would remove them. Hope that answers your question ;-) Ralph Turchiano

The tobacco industry tried getting rid of the radioactive particles with an ''acid wash'' which is what the guy speaks of in this comment:

Cigarette smoke radioactivity and lung cancer risk. - PubMed - NCBI

Cited from the study:

RESULTS:
The documents show that the industry was well aware of the presence of a radioactive substance in tobacco as early as 1959. Furthermore, the industry was not only cognizant of the potential "cancerous growth" in the lungs of regular smokers but also did quantitative radiobiological calculations to estimate the long-term (25 years) lung radiation absorption dose (rad) of ionizing alpha particles emitted from the cigarette smoke. Our own calculations of lung rad of alpha particles match closely the rad estimated by the industry. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the industry's and our estimate of long-term lung rad of alpha particles causes 120-138 lung cancer deaths per year per 1,000 regular smokers. Acid wash was discovered in 1980 to be highly effectively in removing (210)Po from the tobacco leaves; however, the industry avoided its use for concerns that acid media would ionize nicotine converting it into a poorly absorbable form into the brain of smokers thus depriving them of the much sought after instant "nicotine kick" sensation.

Also this guy has pretty interesting, up to date videos on his YouTube channel about the latest scientific discoveries about health which are quite fascinating to hear about!

Last edited:

Waynish

i've gone down this hole before. I believe there to be some truth to it.

Some even say nuclear bombs are a falsehood. Which makes perfect sense considering every country still employs tanks, jets, navy...etc. There needs to be constand perpetual war for profits. Nuclear hoax is is believeable. Yet we cannot be sure.Potentially a populace scare tactic.

You've a lot of explaining to do in order to promote this argument. All of the videos are fake? Peat believes in nuke testing ;)

Jsaute21

I have some. It's good quality. I always thought snus to be clean. It's still fairly porous with the tobacco steamed, and nonetheless still tobacco and fairly offensive.
Which snus product do you have? Camel i assume? Yeah, i honestly notice a similar boost as thyroid, caffeine, and other metabolic boosters from the snus i link to previously.

FredSonoma

where can you get filters not made with a fibrous material ?

cyclops

Targard is the main brand to use.
Friends dad uses the disposable ones and chain smokes.. only heard him cough once in 8 years.

These seem more expensive then some of the other Cigarette Filter Traps. Are they special in some way? Or is any of them just as good?

Travis

Perhaps not as well‐written and formatted as the Miles Mathis article, but:

We do have another article just as good—on a scientific level—by Anders Björkman, M.Sc.

It's a tough swallow for most people. I think most people would accept that the Apollo missions were faked before they would accept. However, logic dictates that they were indeed faked.
You've a lot of explaining to do in order to promote this argument. All of the videos are fake? Peat believes in nuke testing ;)
Can you explain the concept of 'critical mass?' Why exactly is it, on a fundamental level, that one needs a certain amount of uranium? If it were only shielding (reflection) and density, then could that not be done by ancillary metals?

I think the somewhat illogical concept of 'critical mass' was created to discourage second and third world countries from faking their own tests, or prohibit students and amateurs examining this putative phenomenon with only pea‐sized amounts of uranium fired through a 50‐caliber rifle.

The way I see it is: radiation is actually deadly; uranium is really radioactive and dangerous; uranium hexafluoride gas distillation is a legitimate and neat separation technique to separate individual atoms differing only by ~.85%, by mass (²⁄₂₃₅); radioactive isotopes can realistically be used to heat water and make energy, perhaps better for the environment than fossil fuels as long as properly contained; and yet! they will not explode—not in any sense of the word.

The mushroom cloud has become synonymous with atomic bomb, yet there is nothing fundamental linking mushrooms with uranium. While true that fungi can concentrate heavy metals, and are used in soil remediation for this very reason,⁽¹⁾ these characteristic so‐called 'mushroom clouds' can actually be created by any explosive material. A mushroom cloud only represents a column of warm, rising air full of water vapor and debris.

When confronted by the choice between two unbelievable things, a person should perhaps lay down their biases and critically analyze both sides.

DaveFoster

Which snus product do you have? Camel i assume? Yeah, i honestly notice a similar boost as thyroid, caffeine, and other metabolic boosters from the snus i link to previously.
general_portion_snus_us_600240_juli_2016.jpg

I've just never bothered with tobacco really, as I have problems with anxiety as is, and I don't want to have something I need to take throughout the day to keep my anxiety levels down. Nicotine's great, but the half life's problematic unless you're in an environment of leisure.

Jsaute21

general_portion_snus_us_600240_juli_2016.jpg

I've just never bothered with tobacco really, as I have problems with anxiety as is, and I don't want to have something I need to take throughout the day to keep my anxiety levels down. Nicotine's great, but the half life's problematic unless you're in an environment of leisure.
Yeah, that is a good product. Same company as the one i have linked to above, just the one i use doesn't have Propene Glycol. Probably a negligible difference.

I love the taste and effects of tobacco, Turkish tobacco specifically. It definitely is a drag on my cardiovascular system though. I can think better with it but my physical output ability is drained.

I'm a little surprised how warm this forum is to smoking. :lol:
It has such obvious drawbacks, organic or not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals