So, who’s going to write Ray’s biography?

I’ve been thinking about this since Ray passed. It’s gonna be a legitimate crime against humanity if no one writes a biography on Ray. It’s an absolute must. It would be a mammoth project for sure.
I can see it being a passion project for Danny further down the line maybe. It just has to be done. I really loved the biography of Bill Hicks: Agent of Evolution, written by his best friend. Reading it you just literally felt like you were there. Ray’s biography needs that same level of love. Ray’s ideas and philosophies are a much needed roadmap on escaping the reality we all find ourselves in. Future generations are going to wanna know who he was.

I’ve been thinking about this since Ray passed. It’s gonna be a legitimate crime against humanity if no one writes a biography on Ray. It’s an absolute must. It would be a mammoth project for sure.
I can see it being a passion project for Danny further down the line maybe. It just has to be done. I really loved the biography of Bill Hicks: Agent of Evolution, written by his best friend. Reading it you just literally felt like you were there. Ray’s biography needs that same level of love. Ray’s ideas and philosophies are a much needed roadmap on escaping the reality we all find ourselves in. Future generations are going to wanna know who he was.
Bump. I’m surprised that Ray doesn’t even have his own Wikipedia page.

Izzybelle

Bump. I’m surprised that Ray doesn’t even have his own Wikipedia page.
It's a good thing. Wikipedia is incredibly biased and is known for doing hit-pieces on those who don't follow the mainstream narrative. Their 'Reliable Sources" where they get their narrative from are a joke.

Last edited:

ivy

I'm inclined to think that @David PS could be up for the job or at least contribute. He dug up a ton of pictures of Ray's college years.

Brundle

Maybe those two guys who filmed Ray for the 2015 movie could do it?

Does anyone know the status of Ray's papers, library, correspondence, notes, and so on? Family permitting, use of that material should be a prerequisite for any serious treatment of an important mind such as Peat.

catharsis

Old alumni from Blake College should be still alive. I remember reading about an older couple, that learned from Ray during his time there, that are still living and are enjoying the fruits of his knowledge (metaphorically and literally, they're abundant in health and I think have an orchard?) Might be nice to get their takes and interview them.

Would love to help if anyone has already started; if not, glad to start.

David PS

I am not certain there is a need for a detailed bio. Dr. Peat has a brief bio on his website.

At lest 2 others have attempted to explain who he was:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqhlIOt5sUw

Izzybelle

There's people who worked or are still working on his newsletter and related things that knew him well. Also, the last time I ordered progesterone from Kenogen, it came with a more recent write-up which said copyright Ray Peat Publishing I believe. They may have something in the works. It would be nice to see at least an article that covers his career including Blake College and his early days.

Last edited:

David PS

Dr. Peat talks about his early days at Blake College and more in this video.

Pinned by Danny Roddy

@dannyroddy

5 years ago

01:10 - What Ray did after he graduated (1956)
08:36 - Understanding Ray’s orientation toward radiation
14:16 - Starting Blake College in Mexico City
17:43 - Madalyn Murray’s involvement in Blake College
31:22 - Madalyn Murray takes over Blake College
36:47 - Ray’s own health journey—the lead up to writing his book, Nutrition for Women (1973)
37:52 - Ray’s consistent thesis
42:42 - Ray’s experience with pregnenolone and vitamin E (1983)
45:29 - When Ray began thinking more seriously about unsaturated fats
47:43 - Ray’s “survival diet”
50:18 - Ray’s new newsletter: Mushrooms—observations and interpretations
53:56 - Button mushrooms are anti-aromatase (and anti-nitric oxide)
54:27 - The amount needed for a biological effect and a recipe
55:31 - Some details about Ray’s own diet
56:09 - Does Ray think everyone has to eat like him?
57:03 - Mushrooms and the alt-view of the immune system
1:01:14 - The mushroom sugar, trehalose
1:02:09 - Is lanosterol like cholesterol?
1:03:28 - Can mushrooms replace meat?
1:04:57 - The new availability of Ray’s newsletter: raypeatsnewsletter@gmail.com ($28 for 12 issues over 2 years)
1:05:20 - What else are you working on Ray?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom