Solban/Succinic Acid Unwanted Hair Growth

Peatogenic

I've used Solban on my face for the past two years. Over the past couple months, I've noticed hair follicles growing on my cheek very close to my eyes. I also noticed that the formulation recently changed to include Succinic Acid, which has the benefit of stimulating hair follicles.

It could be completely unrelated and have to do with other hormonal issues, or just aging...but I wanted to see if others have experienced something like this since the formulation change.

High_Prob

I've used Solban on my face for the past two years. Over the past couple months, I've noticed hair follicles growing on my cheek very close to my eyes. I also noticed that the formulation recently changed to include Succinic Acid, which has the benefit of stimulating hair follicles.

It could be completely unrelated and have to do with other hormonal issues, or just aging...but I wanted to see if others have experienced something like this since the formulation change.

Are you still taking Pansterone/Androsterone? These could be implicated as well...

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Are you still taking Pansterone/Androsterone? These could be implicated as well...

Right, I was thinking of that implication. Though lowering cortisol and estrogen is also associated with lowering unwanted hair or excessive hairyness.. I've taken both for about 9 months, started seeing this issue in the past two. Started retaking Solban about 4 months ago after a 5 month break.

xeliex

Forum Supporter

I've been having the same issue with long term use of Solban. I attributed it to aging and stress, but I don't know for sure. I am not taking anything else.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've been having the same issue with long term use of Solban. I attributed it to aging and stress, but I don't know for sure. I am not taking anything else.

If you look at the SolBan thread you will see that several of the studies posted there are in regards to hair loss, especially when it comes to topically applied caffeine. Also, in the first few pages of the comments, people (@japanesedude and others) right away started commenting that it seems to be helping with their hair loss. So, SolBan has been used for hair growth right from the start and I view this as a feature, not a "bug". Is it a problem that it is increasing hair growth for you?

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

If you look at the SolBan thread you will see that several of the studies posted there are in regards to hair loss, especially when it comes to topically applied caffeine. Also, in the first few pages of the comments, people (@japanesedude and others) right away started commenting that it seems to be helping with their hair loss. So, SolBan has been used for hair growth right from the start and I view this as a feature, not a "bug". Is it a problem that it is increasing hair growth for you?

If it's the Solban it's most definitely a problem. Maybe I'm not being clear....but I don't want hair growing near my eyeballs, or possibly other unwanted places it might start growing.

Yes, I'm aware that hair growth studies have always been associated with the product. But I imagined these having merit for applying to scalps or beards and such....not that it can encourage hair growth anywhere sprayed. It's always been marketed as a skincare product primarily, and that's what I've used it for.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Now Georgi you have to make a product to remove hair from unwanted places. We are waiting.

HairBan

haidut

Forum Supporter

Orius

I have noticed the same thing. My beard line is getting higher, but nothing drastic. I have more hair on my cheeks. I already had a full beard to start with but now I have to shave a hair here or there near my eye orbits. Also for some reason I'm growing hair on the tip of my nose that I have to pluck regularly, and my nose hairs are ridiculous these days.

This stuff really does work for hair growth but it's not helping my vertex shedding that much.

RawEel

Does this apply to women? Is Solban encouraging hair growth on my face and body? Because I’ve been noticing an issue with increased hair.
LOL. In that case I think we should rename SolBan to "HairBoom" or "HairBoon" :):

Brandin

If it's the Solban it's most definitely a problem. Maybe I'm not being clear....but I don't want hair growing near my eyeballs, or possibly other unwanted places it might start growing.

Yes, I'm aware that hair growth studies have always been associated with the product. But I imagined these having merit for applying to scalps or beards and such....not that it can encourage hair growth anywhere sprayed. It's always been marketed as a skincare product primarily, and that's what I've used it for.
The thing is, most people have beard follicles close to their eyes. high dht males tend to get more beard higher than lower on the face compared to estrogenic people. Albeit estrogenic men often get more total beard cause of still so.ewhat existing male hormones paired with really high prostaglandins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals