Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog

achillea

Taralynn said
"I started taking lipothiamine as well about a month or so ago. I'm taking 400 mg every day though I started with a smaller amount. Chronic constipation has improved but I haven't really noticed any other changes. I was hoping for more energy, increased temperature, weight loss & hair regrowth (it stopped falling when I discovered RP but I can't seem to get what I lost to grow back). Also, I'm no longer freezing cold like I used to be pre-RP but I can't seem to get temps up to where they should be. With the lipothiamine my temps actually seemed to get worse at least initially. How much are you taking every day & what other improvements have you noticed?"

In all the reading I have seen no one has ever taken that amount of Lipothiamine. The highest I have ever seen is 100mg/3xs/day. 50/mg per day is a start then see about the paradox.
Did you have a paradox

Vins7

Obviously overall energy breakdown would be the first. Without B1 there will be no ATP.

Another big issue that is big in the SIBO groups is motility, I touch on that here at the link below. Without good motility the small intestine will not purge the food like it should so bacteria overload ensues where it should not be:
SIBO, Gut Motility, Constipation. What Is Really Going On? I Will Tell You

Another is low acid, things do not get broken down as they should so bacteria piles up, more deficiencies pile on:
Is Vitamin B3 Dependency a Causal Factor in the Development of Hypochlorhydria and Achlorhydria? - Jonathan E. Prousky, B.P.H.E., B.Sc., N.D.

Another is Dysautonomia. This will mess up anything and everything and I suspect this is part of the LPR connection, POTS, etc. Thanks to Dr. Lonsdale I was about to put this connection together.

I have been on the SIBO forums for a while. And while nuking(heavy antibiotics and natural antibiotics) the bacteria does help some people, they seem to always fall right back in the same place. So this tells me that nuking is not the way to go and is not the underlying condition. And at worse, nuking the situation has put some people in way worse condition. So I started digging for the root causes, and it all lead back to having the proper nutrition/nutrients so that the body could do what it needed. Get the gut moving with B1, get the acid pumping properly with B3, and of course meet the cofactors along with it and Bam! The body will naturally do what it is supposed to, no need to attack it with an onslaught of heavy artillery hoping the critters don't come back again.
How could we get good levels of B vitamins again? Only with adequate food adding a good amount of organs and meat for a while would it be enough?

taralynne

Taralynn said
"I started taking lipothiamine as well about a month or so ago. I'm taking 400 mg every day though I started with a smaller amount. Chronic constipation has improved but I haven't really noticed any other changes. I was hoping for more energy, increased temperature, weight loss & hair regrowth (it stopped falling when I discovered RP but I can't seem to get what I lost to grow back). Also, I'm no longer freezing cold like I used to be pre-RP but I can't seem to get temps up to where they should be. With the lipothiamine my temps actually seemed to get worse at least initially. How much are you taking every day & what other improvements have you noticed?"

In all the reading I have seen no one has ever taken that amount of Lipothiamine. The highest I have ever seen is 100mg/3xs/day. 50/mg per day is a start then see about the paradox.
Did you have a paradox
I started out with 50 mg as well and slowly moved up to 400 mg because I read an article by pharmacist Isabella Wentz recommending 600mg per day of BenfoMax thiamine supplement to start for people with Hashimoto's which I have. I thought I'd try the lipo though rather than the Benfo & never did move up beyond the 400mg though I may still at some point. I have not experienced the paradox effect that Dr. Lonsdale talks about which makes me wonder if the dose that I'm at now is still not quite high enough for me.

Orion

I started out with 50 mg as well and slowly moved up to 400 mg because I read an article by pharmacist Isabella Wentz recommending 600mg per day of BenfoMax thiamine supplement to start for people with Hashimoto's which I have. I thought I'd try the lipo though rather than the Benfo & never did move up beyond the 400mg though I may still at some point. I have not experienced the paradox effect that Dr. Lonsdale talks about which makes me wonder if the dose that I'm at now is still not quite high enough for me.

I believe in the comments sections of the thiamine articles on hormonematters there was mention of a younger girl taking 900mg per day to alleviate CFS type symptoms.

taralynne

I believe in the comments sections of the thiamine articles on hormonematters there was mention of a younger girl taking 900mg per day to alleviate CFS type symptoms.
Good to know... so a therapeutic dose for me may be higher than what I'm taking now.

taralynne

Thiamin does not work on its own, you must take magnesium paraphrase from Dr. Lonsdale
Thank you for mentioning the need for magnesium along with B1... I have been taking mag glycinate. I think I'm taking 480mg/day if I remember correctly.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

achillea

Large doses have been given clinical trial where evidence exists for impaired absorption, utilization, or dependency. Severe thiamine deficiency may be found in the elderly,123–125 alcoholism,126,127 achlorhydria,128 intestinal malabsorption,129 and children with gastroenteritis.130 Therapeutic attempts with thiamine hydrochloride have demonstrated inconsistent and unpredictable responses. The use of thiamine alone may result in the lack of therapeutic effect since its absorption and biochemical activation131 are critical factors. Essential nutrients work together in complicated biochemical relationships.132,133

Chapter 5

achillea

Among the first questions to be answered is “when should I consider thiamine deficiency?” Our response is “always.” Thiamine and nutrient status should be considered as a core component of modern health care. Thiamine is not a magic cure-all, but its position atop the pyruvate pathway makes it critical to human health and survival. When we recognize the myriad dietary, pharmaceutical, and environmental exposures capable of depleting thiamine and impairing mitochondrial functioning, it becomes clear that thiamine deficiency is more, not less, likely in both chronic and acute care

Chapter 4 THIAMINE DEFICIENCY DISEASE, DYSAUTONOMIA, AND HIGH CALORIE MALNUTRITION

achillea

I am suggesting that the vulnerability of the American population is because so many people are unable to adapt to the everyday incidents encountered in just living.

The Appalling State of American Health
Author: Derrick Lonsdale MD, FACN, CNS

achillea

High-dose thiamine and essential tremor

Summary
Essential tremor is a common neurological disease. The medical treatment of this affection currently involves the use of propranolol, primidone and other drugs. These drugs, however, are often not effective in reducing tremor and cause side effects in a large share of the patients treated. The treatment with intramuscular high-dose thiamine has led to a rapid, remarkable and persistent improvement of the symptoms in two patients with essential tremor. This result suggests the possibility that high doses of intramuscular thiamine may be an affordable alternative, highly effective and long-lasting medical treatment that has shown no relevant side effect.

An open-label pilot study with high-dose thiamine in Parkinson's disease
Antonio Costantini, M.D.* and Roberto Fancellu
In conclusion, we found that the long-term treatment with the intramuscular administration of thiamine has led to a significant improvement of motor and non-motor symptoms of the patients with PD; this improvement was stable during time and without side effects. Our report represents an important contribution to PD therapy, although further experience is necessary to exclude the placebo effect and to confirm the present observation, with clinical, cellular, and molecular data. The aim of the future studies will be to investigate the clinical, restorative, and neuroprotective effects of the long-term treatment with thiamine in PD.

berk

Has anyone fixed his constipation with a b vitamin supplement?
I can't imagine this.
And why is everybody talking about supplements and nobody talks about increasing liver or red meat...

taralynne

I can't imagine this.
And why is everybody talking about supplements and nobody talks about increasing liver or red meat...
I have been taking lipothiamine for about a month & have had a significant improvement in constipation which has been a chronic issue for me. Anything else that I have ever tried had either not worked or only worked temporarily so I'm still waiting to see if the improvement from the B1 will last.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I can't imagine this.
I have lost count of how many messages I received from people writing me and telling me how they fixed their constipation with B1. Many of them stunned that it could be so simple.

berk

I have lost count of how many messages I received from people writing me and telling me how they fixed their constipation with B1. Many of them stunned that it could be so simple.
hmm, on what dose?

Bart1

And is that with Thiamine HCL?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals