Sterilizing The Gut Without Antibiotics

XPlus

XPlus

That's a heck of a lot of charcoal!

It is, indeed.
I have a good feeling I heard Peat say that in one of the interviews but I'm terrible at keeping records.

The only thing I found to confirm this is a quote from good ol' VoS:
Today I expect I'll do 3 tablespoons! And I'm going to keep going as needed, on the idea that the public generally is underdosing, since the longterm study that Peat cites used one cup (16 tablespoons) per day, intermittently.

lindsay

It is, indeed.
I have a good feeling I heard Peat say that in one of the interviews but I'm terrible at keeping records.

The only thing I found to confirm this is a quote from good ol' VoS:

The question is, wouldn't that much charcoal cause mega-constipation?

XPlus

The question is, wouldn't that much charcoal cause mega-constipation?
Yes, charcoal is so darn constipative but this effect, I find, is subject to "the law of diminishing constipation".
That's why I suggested to limit the dose to one or two teaspoons for first timers.
Building up from that dose, as gut health gets better, causes less constipation. Even in the short-term, the constipative effect stops adding up with an increased dose. Possibly, few tbsps to half a cup is as bad as it's going to get. The effect of anything beyond that is marginal.
I sometimes have some cascara along with charcoal to balance the constipation.
Carrots can add a nice bulk and slightly mitigate the harshness of charcoal.
Someone mentioned using larger grinds for those with severely compromised guts but I haven't tried this.

Last edited:

miki14

I think the most important rule for reducing bacterial growth is to keep up bowl movement/peristalsis to flush out undigested food and bacteria before their grows rate goes into overdrive. Eating lots of fruits and overall enough carbs is key.
Dissolving a table spoon of salt in a cup of warm water and drinking it in the morning on an empty stomach followed by more warm water makes a good cleansing. Laxatives a good too.

jet9

Yes, charcoal is so darn constipative but this effect, I find, is subject to "the law of diminishing constipation".
That's why I suggested to limit the dose to one or two teaspoons for first timers.
Building up from that dose, as gut health gets better, causes less constipation. Even in the short-term, the constipative effect stops adding up with an increased dose. Possibly, few tbsps to half a cup is as bad as it's going to get. The effect of anything beyond that is marginal.
I sometimes have some cascara along with charcoal to balance the constipation.
Carrots can add a nice bulk and slightly mitigate the harshness of charcoal.
Someone mentioned using larger grinds for those with severely compromised guts but I haven't tried this.
What brand of charcoal to you use?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals