Sudden onset of random mental and neurological issues after COVID in 2022 + lung issues since 2020

anabolicduckfat

Greetings from Germany,

I am posting this thread to ask for help for several conditions that set on in a sudden manner after being infected with COVID in July 2022.

My condition right now can be described as the following:

- burning sensation in the fronthead / tingling
- Anxiousness / panic attacks
- OCD (intrusive thoughts, irrational thinking, panic)
- Depression following anxiety
- Depersonalization / derealization
- low Willpower
- brain fog
- concentration issues
- depending on my state absolutely no stress resilience
- Tremors and muscle spasms
- Fatigue or hypomania
- digestive issues (I can't tolerate starches or some forms of carbs; bloating; cramping)

These symptoms came after I have been infected with Covid in July 2022. I was on a trip to Iceland and was camping (cold weather) / using hotels when the fevers etc. started. The infection went flu-like, but on the 5th or 6th day of the infection (no fever anymore, just crazy fatigue) I started getting a feeling of impending doom that lasted no matter what I did. It went on for week. The curious thing about it is that it started after a 30 min nap in the car after I took some supplements, especially Niacin 500mg flush. I also had a lot of emotional distress during that time.

This ***t kept on going since then, 180 degree turnover of my life before. When the panic wore off, I had severe depressive episodes that lead to more panic attacks and in the end to depersonalization and OCD. This OCD stuff happened actually in October 2022, right after a "regular" flu. So there must be a connection with the pathogen or something else.

Interestingly enough, I had similar random bouts of sickness in March of 2020. Back then, I also had emotional distress (GF left me, master thesis for electrical engineering). High physical activity, first time trying keto "just for the lulz" because people told me it's cool and you think faster. After i stopped keto, simultaneously my GF left me and from one day to the other, my lung started to have severe asthmatic attacks that made me think I'm about to die. Went to several ERs, docs checked my whole lung and everything and said I had minor lung sensitivity or something like that (FeNo-Testing). Interestingly enough, I could run 10km with no effort in like 40-45 minutes while being highly muscular. So I didn't think it was a functional issue?
But this stuff went on and was also inducing a lot of stress. I think the stress lead to neurological symptoms (vision blur, depersonalization, tremors, temperature irregularities, chronic fatigue). Also had really sick heart palpitations (in August 2020 I woke up due to my heart rate being at 200 bpm, I measured it immediately since I had pulseoxymeter lying in my bed just in case). Went to ER, nothing. No structural issues with heart or whatsoever. I was stationary in the neurological department for 1 week and they did a MRI scan, spinal tap, EEG etc pp (every diagnostics they had) with no result. Everything is normal. I also had crazy GERD and had to take PPIs, that barely did anything. When the GERD went away, I had chronic inflamed throat and thought my condition would result from silent reflux (pepsin-gas rising to places it shouldn't go due to dysfunctional sphincter).

The lung issue actually got pretty good and almost gone. I couldn't breath normally for like 2 years, always having had clogged and inflamed lungs. It got worse when I went to sleep and it got to a degree where I sometimes woke up gasping for air. It also was kind of neurologically intertwined with the vagus nerve I guess - because sometimes I just "forgot" to breath when I went into sleep mode. So after 2-3 min of no breathing my body sent out hits of adrenaline that woke me up. But it went away somehow. It isn't one of my major struggles today.

The main issue is the mood stuff above. I can deal with all the bodily bull**** my body throws at me, but the anxiety, OCD and depression really **** me up. Also high cortisol always and the ups and downs from that.

I've tested so far the following:
- alcohol (don't laugh, it was the only thing that helped me in the first weeks of having to deal with this BS but made things obviously worse)
- oregano oil capsules
- magnesium high dose (500-1500mg) daily (bisglycinate, threonate)
- zink high dose (bisglycinate, up to 75-100mg)
- boron
- selenium
- "healing" funghi (reishi, lions mane, cordyceps)
- nicotine (snus, nicotine pouches), 42mg per pouch, 5-6 times a day for 20-30min --> this is a big topic! Sometimes nicotine makes me very calm and focussed, but most of the time (I'm addicted) it makes me more jittery and anxious! Also sort of blocks me from feeling my body in a sense. When I stop using it (did for some months), the first day I have severe brain fog and then tend to feel more, but more aggressive and less calm)
- vitamin E mixed tocopherols
- vitamin K1, K2
- vitamin D 5000-10000 IU
- rhodiola rosea
- artemisia annua / artemisinin
- L-lysine 3g
- Taurine 5g
- creatine 5g
- vitamin C high dose 3-5g
- ALCAR 1-2g
- NAC 3-4g
- L-theanine 3g
- quercetin 2g
- iodine
- glycine (made me nauseous at 2-3 tbsp)
- L-phenylalanine
- Q10
- Probiotics (several different strands)
- Triphala
- Valerian
- Digestive Enzymes
- R-alpha-lipoic-acid
- Sulforaphan
- Aspirin
- physical activity
- melatonin

There are some thing that tend to help somehow:

- strict keto with high blood ketone level somehow made me more calm, but in the afternoon I felt depressed anyway (not in a common sense of being sad but having some kind of internal pain and feeling whiny)
- vitamin B1 high dose thiamine hydrochloride (2g) + random B-complex from OTC shop
- ashwagandha since it literally just shuts down my feelings
- Aspirin makes me almost "normal" but not always

The rest somehow "helped" but not really as to really make me feel normal again.

So there are several theories regarding this. One theory says that the spike protein seemingly crossed BBB and wreaked havoc on some of the brain areas responsible for emotional stuff and neurological stuff.
Another theory says it reactivated dormant viruses (I have some past infections with mycoplasma pneumiae and lung chlamydia, HHV, HPV, EBV). I have an ongoing HPV infection in genital area since 2 months actually (warts).
RP and haidut say, that stuff like that is related to high serotonin, lactic acid and PUFAs. I don't eat PUFAs since years, mostly saturated fats if I can. I only started keto again due to one MD (Chris Palmer) and his book "Brain Energy".
There is also a theory of a hijacked tryptophane metabolism (metabolic trap) that pretty much alters the kynurenine pathway of tryptophan and has to do with platelet serotonin release. Serotonin high --> immune system regulates serotonin down --> issues --> rebound.
High serotonin also favors viral activity afaik.
High viral activity damages vagus nerve and (brain) mitochondria.
Also this would explain why I feel better on fats than carbs (hijacked tryptophane metabolism).

The other theory says its all psycholocial childhood trauma stuff (I indeed had a somehow traumatic childhood, nothing special except divorce and loneliness).

I know that this is probably a complex condition with several things to consider. Psychological, behavioural remedies and biological root issues.

Where do you start in this mess? What diagnostics are to be used?

My next step would be a ERP-therapy for the OCD.

PopSocket

You need to draw some bloods to see what is going on. full Thyroid, cholesterol , vit D, liver, Testosterone, prolactin, cortisol etc - the basics, and start from there. You can check other threads on the forum and gather as much info as possible.

I wouldn't really bother thinking about viruses. Except in the context of a potential vit D deficiency. Seems you are sick quite often with "viral" diseases.

Also Keto is no good for mental health long term. Even if done right with lots of calories and mainly saturated animal fats - it will lead to increased stress. Speaking from personal experience of more than a decade on Keto. "Brain energy" is an ironic name for a book on Keto.

OP
anabolicduckfat

anabolicduckfat

Thanks for your reply.

Any specific markers they should test? I think I need to argument to get these tests since I'm dependent on mil. doctors. Free healthcare, but you need to argument why you should get X or Y treatment. Else they just give you some ibuprofen and voltaren and tell you to fk off basically.

I actually got a random test for STIs back which tested for SHBG. SHBG was above 50, so apparently something with my hormones is going on.

VitD must be high since I'm supplementing 10k IU daily with 1-2mg K1, K2 (mixed).

Yeah the thing is: keto made me feel somewhat better, but not tremendously. It was a trade off. I knew I had more stress in my body going on while on keto but felt more energetic and calm. But not to such a degree that I would say it's worth it. The only thing that really made me feel euphoric and happy was therapeutic ketone blood levels, like above 3-4 mmol/L after having chugged a fat bomb with MCT oil. But it wore off and the loss of appetite and less libido weren't worth it I'd say.

Right now I'm trying to get my gut fixed with active charcoal, no starches, colloidal silver (not the ionic one, the real one that tastes like ***t), glycine.

So far I can actually connect bloating/digestive distress with mental issues. I know that if my gut is off, I will get some anxiety and jitteriness. So apparently this should be my focus.

If following the viral theory (reactivation, metabolic trap), then healing the gut would be a massive plus since most of the serotonin and bidirectional vagus-nerve communication sits there. Also a lot of encapsulated viral residue.

PopSocket

SHBG can get really high while on Keto and free T can go down considerably in very low/deficient category leaving you feeling real bad. High SHBG is much better than low though. But too high aint great either. Could be something with the liver.

T, free T, SHBG, Prolactin, Cortisol early morning and 24h saliva would be great. If T/free T is low due to high SHBG and cortisol is a bit on the high side this could cause some of your symptoms. T opposes stress in the body. Regarding the thyroid - T3,t4,TSH,rt3(important) + cholesterol panel.

But a malfunctioning gut is usually at the root as I think you know. So focusing on the gut first is great. Hope you find the answer. Viruses are irrelevant btw. They only follow the terrain, do not cause disease from what I understand.

I would check vit D levels to see where 10k gets me if I were you. Optimal is around 60-70. Need to stop for 14 days prior to testing though.

FallingApart?

Greetings from Germany,

I am posting this thread to ask for help for several conditions that set on in a sudden manner after being infected with COVID in July 2022.

My condition right now can be described as the following:

- burning sensation in the fronthead / tingling
- Anxiousness / panic attacks
- OCD (intrusive thoughts, irrational thinking, panic)
- Depression following anxiety
- Depersonalization / derealization
- low Willpower
- brain fog
- concentration issues
- depending on my state absolutely no stress resilience
- Tremors and muscle spasms
- Fatigue or hypomania
- digestive issues (I can't tolerate starches or some forms of carbs; bloating; cramping)

These symptoms came after I have been infected with Covid in July 2022. I was on a trip to Iceland and was camping (cold weather) / using hotels when the fevers etc. started. The infection went flu-like, but on the 5th or 6th day of the infection (no fever anymore, just crazy fatigue) I started getting a feeling of impending doom that lasted no matter what I did. It went on for week. The curious thing about it is that it started after a 30 min nap in the car after I took some supplements, especially Niacin 500mg flush. I also had a lot of emotional distress during that time.

This ***t kept on going since then, 180 degree turnover of my life before. When the panic wore off, I had severe depressive episodes that lead to more panic attacks and in the end to depersonalization and OCD. This OCD stuff happened actually in October 2022, right after a "regular" flu. So there must be a connection with the pathogen or something else.

Interestingly enough, I had similar random bouts of sickness in March of 2020. Back then, I also had emotional distress (GF left me, master thesis for electrical engineering). High physical activity, first time trying keto "just for the lulz" because people told me it's cool and you think faster. After i stopped keto, simultaneously my GF left me and from one day to the other, my lung started to have severe asthmatic attacks that made me think I'm about to die. Went to several ERs, docs checked my whole lung and everything and said I had minor lung sensitivity or something like that (FeNo-Testing). Interestingly enough, I could run 10km with no effort in like 40-45 minutes while being highly muscular. So I didn't think it was a functional issue?
But this stuff went on and was also inducing a lot of stress. I think the stress lead to neurological symptoms (vision blur, depersonalization, tremors, temperature irregularities, chronic fatigue). Also had really sick heart palpitations (in August 2020 I woke up due to my heart rate being at 200 bpm, I measured it immediately since I had pulseoxymeter lying in my bed just in case). Went to ER, nothing. No structural issues with heart or whatsoever. I was stationary in the neurological department for 1 week and they did a MRI scan, spinal tap, EEG etc pp (every diagnostics they had) with no result. Everything is normal. I also had crazy GERD and had to take PPIs, that barely did anything. When the GERD went away, I had chronic inflamed throat and thought my condition would result from silent reflux (pepsin-gas rising to places it shouldn't go due to dysfunctional sphincter).

The lung issue actually got pretty good and almost gone. I couldn't breath normally for like 2 years, always having had clogged and inflamed lungs. It got worse when I went to sleep and it got to a degree where I sometimes woke up gasping for air. It also was kind of neurologically intertwined with the vagus nerve I guess - because sometimes I just "forgot" to breath when I went into sleep mode. So after 2-3 min of no breathing my body sent out hits of adrenaline that woke me up. But it went away somehow. It isn't one of my major struggles today.

The main issue is the mood stuff above. I can deal with all the bodily bull**** my body throws at me, but the anxiety, OCD and depression really **** me up. Also high cortisol always and the ups and downs from that.

I've tested so far the following:
- alcohol (don't laugh, it was the only thing that helped me in the first weeks of having to deal with this BS but made things obviously worse)
- oregano oil capsules
- magnesium high dose (500-1500mg) daily (bisglycinate, threonate)
- zink high dose (bisglycinate, up to 75-100mg)
- boron
- selenium
- "healing" funghi (reishi, lions mane, cordyceps)
- nicotine (snus, nicotine pouches), 42mg per pouch, 5-6 times a day for 20-30min --> this is a big topic! Sometimes nicotine makes me very calm and focussed, but most of the time (I'm addicted) it makes me more jittery and anxious! Also sort of blocks me from feeling my body in a sense. When I stop using it (did for some months), the first day I have severe brain fog and then tend to feel more, but more aggressive and less calm)
- vitamin E mixed tocopherols
- vitamin K1, K2
- vitamin D 5000-10000 IU
- rhodiola rosea
- artemisia annua / artemisinin
- L-lysine 3g
- Taurine 5g
- creatine 5g
- vitamin C high dose 3-5g
- ALCAR 1-2g
- NAC 3-4g
- L-theanine 3g
- quercetin 2g
- iodine
- glycine (made me nauseous at 2-3 tbsp)
- L-phenylalanine
- Q10
- Probiotics (several different strands)
- Triphala
- Valerian
- Digestive Enzymes
- R-alpha-lipoic-acid
- Sulforaphan
- Aspirin
- physical activity
- melatonin

There are some thing that tend to help somehow:

- strict keto with high blood ketone level somehow made me more calm, but in the afternoon I felt depressed anyway (not in a common sense of being sad but having some kind of internal pain and feeling whiny)
- vitamin B1 high dose thiamine hydrochloride (2g) + random B-complex from OTC shop
- ashwagandha since it literally just shuts down my feelings
- Aspirin makes me almost "normal" but not always

The rest somehow "helped" but not really as to really make me feel normal again.

So there are several theories regarding this. One theory says that the spike protein seemingly crossed BBB and wreaked havoc on some of the brain areas responsible for emotional stuff and neurological stuff.
Another theory says it reactivated dormant viruses (I have some past infections with mycoplasma pneumiae and lung chlamydia, HHV, HPV, EBV). I have an ongoing HPV infection in genital area since 2 months actually (warts).
RP and haidut say, that stuff like that is related to high serotonin, lactic acid and PUFAs. I don't eat PUFAs since years, mostly saturated fats if I can. I only started keto again due to one MD (Chris Palmer) and his book "Brain Energy".
There is also a theory of a hijacked tryptophane metabolism (metabolic trap) that pretty much alters the kynurenine pathway of tryptophan and has to do with platelet serotonin release. Serotonin high --> immune system regulates serotonin down --> issues --> rebound.
High serotonin also favors viral activity afaik.
High viral activity damages vagus nerve and (brain) mitochondria.
Also this would explain why I feel better on fats than carbs (hijacked tryptophane metabolism).

The other theory says its all psycholocial childhood trauma stuff (I indeed had a somehow traumatic childhood, nothing special except divorce and loneliness).

I know that this is probably a complex condition with several things to consider. Psychological, behavioural remedies and biological root issues.

Where do you start in this mess? What diagnostics are to be used?

My next step would be a ERP-therapy for the OCD.
Did you ever figure this out and/or signficantly figure this out?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals