Sudden health issues

ursidae

I suspect this might be happening due to stress, lack of sleep and living in a cold flat

Last friday I started getting bad IBS symptoms, diarrhoea horrible gas etc

I think I started getting a UTI on Saturday, got the classic burning during urination but I drank a lot of water and got D-mannose and it cleared up. Took things easy and cooked warm food, rested, stayed over at university because it's warm there

Sunday morning woke up with a sore throat, was very careful to not get sick so I did the same as the previous day

Then Sunday night I woke up at 1AM with a congested nose, headache, severe throat pain and couldn't sleep the whole night

On monday had pulsatile tinnitus, pharyngitis, sinusitis, headache, pain in my teeth and could feel my pulse in them, had a fever of 38.1

Went to the doctor and got prescribed amoxicillin didn't take it because my gut is so so sensitive

Couldn't sleep well the next few days, pharyngitis slowly got better, throat pain subsided slowly and the mucus isn't as dark coloured anymore. Still got sinus congestion and post nasal drip that causes me to cough

no more headaches or fever, felt like I was slowly recovering

Woke up today after finally getting a night of semi decent sleep (woke up only 4 times)
and found a crust that formed around my right eye. My eye is very red I think i've got conjunctivitis

Hesitated whether I should just take the antibiotic now, took one tablet of amoxicillin

I've never had conjunctivitis in my life

What the hell is happening to me?

OP
U

ursidae

all of this could be viral, in which case im only gonna **** up my gut even more with the amoxicillin

ThinPicking

I drank a lot of water
Ms Paddington, it seems likely to me this is where your cascade of other symptoms began. Shifting your fluid balance with large amounts of water and coming out of it unscathed is going to be very dependent on the contents of your stomach and intestinal lumen at the time. Especially considering the time of year and change in atmospheric conditions.

In future I would suggest you add a generous pinch of salt per 500ml of water if your going to consume a significant volume of it, record your body weight 3 or more times a day and perhaps your urine volume if it isn't too awkward to do it. When you trigger diuresis you need to be replacing fluids and osmolites if you don't want your immune system and other metabolic microcosms to go haywire.

The tooth sensitivity and sense of your blood pressure in them was very telling to me in particular.

For now just do what you can to eat well, sleep well and chill. Your avatar will return to some stability with time. If you have a dashing chap or two in your life summon one to nurse you with heart in the meantime. Drink chamomile tea with honey and salt your food.

You and other members are free ignore or label me a quack :grin:

Get well soon. Don't overcomplicate or panic.

OP
U

ursidae

Ms Paddington, it seems likely to me this is where your cascade of other symptoms began. Shifting your fluid balance with large amounts of water and coming out of it unscathed is going to be very dependent on the contents of your stomach and intestinal lumen at the time. Especially considering the time of year and change in atmospheric conditions.

In future I would suggest you add a generous pinch of salt per 500ml of water if your going to consume a significant volume of it, record your body weight 3 or more times a day and perhaps your urine volume if it isn't too awkward to do it. When you trigger diuresis you need to be replacing fluids and osmolites if you don't want your immune system and other metabolic microcosms to go haywire.

The tooth sensitivity and sense of your blood pressure in them was very telling to me in particular.

For now just do what you can to eat well, sleep well and chill. Your avatar will return to some stability with time. If you have a dashing chap or two in your life summon one to nurse you with heart in the meantime. Drink chamomile tea with honey and salt your food.

You and other members are free ignore or label me a quack :grin:

Get well soon. Don't overcomplicate or panic.
this makes sense
everyone around me has been sneezing and coughing since it's autumn

I think I still have to do something about my infected eye
chloramphenicol is what they sell here
there are drops that contain phenylmercuric nitrate and there is an ointment that contains liquid paraffin and white petroleum

which one is worse to put in your eye

ThinPicking

this makes sense

there are drops that contain phenylmercuric nitrate and there is an ointment that contains liquid paraffin and white petroleum

I can't comment here miss, I haven't suffered an issue with secretion from membranes lining the eye socket in forever. I would imagine fluid balance and consistency has something to do with this as well. If you can correct that and blink excessively it may resolve itself.

I will urge you to please be careful and conservative. You must protect those gem stones and soul piercing glare at all costs.

HeyThere

I suspect this might be happening due to stress, lack of sleep and living in a cold flat

Last friday I started getting bad IBS symptoms, diarrhoea horrible gas etc

I think I started getting a UTI on Saturday, got the classic burning during urination but I drank a lot of water and got D-mannose and it cleared up. Took things easy and cooked warm food, rested, stayed over at university because it's warm there

Sunday morning woke up with a sore throat, was very careful to not get sick so I did the same as the previous day

Then Sunday night I woke up at 1AM with a congested nose, headache, severe throat pain and couldn't sleep the whole night

On monday had pulsatile tinnitus, pharyngitis, sinusitis, headache, pain in my teeth and could feel my pulse in them, had a fever of 38.1

Went to the doctor and got prescribed amoxicillin didn't take it because my gut is so so sensitive

Couldn't sleep well the next few days, pharyngitis slowly got better, throat pain subsided slowly and the mucus isn't as dark coloured anymore. Still got sinus congestion and post nasal drip that causes me to cough

no more headaches or fever, felt like I was slowly recovering

Woke up today after finally getting a night of semi decent sleep (woke up only 4 times)
and found a crust that formed around my right eye. My eye is very red I think i've got conjunctivitis

Hesitated whether I should just take the antibiotic now, took one tablet of amoxicillin

I've never had conjunctivitis in my life

What the hell is happening to me?

Sounds exactly like a sinus infection. I get them exactly with those symptoms and sometimes my nose is still clear. I just went through this myself and am still getting rid of it weeks later w/o antibiotics. Just using silver nasally, in eyes, in mouth, and taking random GSE (grapeFRUIT seed extract concentrated version only 1 drop), and drinking lots of fluids. Use a neti pot if you have one.

eimearrose

this makes sense

I had a really sore and red eye with a huge blister on the eye ball, and I just used the optrex eye bath/wash (I'm in the UK too and as far as I know that's easily available in most pharmacies) . It's mostly witch hazel? If that doesn't work then you could escalate?

OP
U

ursidae

I can't comment here miss, I haven't suffered an issue with secretion from membranes lining the eye socket in forever. I would imagine fluid balance and consistency has something to do with this as well. If you can correct that and blink excessively it may resolve itself.

I will urge you to please be careful and conservative. You must protect those gem stones and soul piercing glare at all costs.
Started the antibiotic drops and eye is just getting redder and redder

headache form the amoxicillin
i don't know if this is viral
don't know if the bacteria isn't resistant to the antibiotic
don't know if it's allergic
don't know if im reacting to the chloramphenicol
don't know if im reacting to the mercury compound. Why is the UK putting mercury in medication theyre stuck in the 14th century when it comes to some things

3FDE513B-D4EE-47F4-A5FA-5769D85C65E0.jpeg

:sob:

catharsis

don't know if im reacting to the mercury compound. Why is the UK putting mercury in medication theyre stuck in the 14th century when it comes to some things

View attachment 43798

You probably got a cold from sleeping in a cold apartment. I often get sick or wake up with a sore throat and headache if I sleep in too cold of a room. The amoxicillin probably won't do anything to help with the head-cold. I would try to get as much sunlight as you can and maybe invest in a heat-lamp. A bolus of vitamin D has been helpful for my pets. Try to see a GP or ophthalmologist for the infected eye, the redness could be irritation from the drops or a Herxheimer reaction. Warm bone broth and salt would be very helpful during this time.

P

Peatness

Are you zinc deficient? Have you tried the basics like vitamin c and D?

I wouldn't use Chloramphenicol. It's not safe as an antibiotic I doubt it will be safe as an eye drop.

OP
U

ursidae

Are you zinc deficient? Have you tried the basics like vitamin c and D?

I wouldn't use Chloramphenicol. It's not safe as an antibiotic I doubt it will be safe as an eye drop.
i am panicking
Maybe i'll go to the GP and say I have an allergic reaction or something and request something else
since i started taking them this afternoon it's gotten so much worse
it wasn't this red and it didn't sting before

I've been taking some zinc, haven't taken C or D

P

Peatness

i am panicking
Maybe i'll go to the GP and say I have an allergic reaction or something and request something else

No need to panic - easy to say, I know. Someone I know had red eyes and it turned out to be a reaction to a medication she was on. It went away as soon as she came off the meds. Perhaps give the eyes a rest for now. It's possible you are just a bit run down and just need good food warmth and rest? I would take a bit of D and drink good quality orange juice if you can.

Makrosky

i am panicking

Maybe go to the GP and just explain what is happening to you? As simple as this.

If it is concerning like a conjunctivitis or ophthalmic herpes (I doubt it otherwise you would have blisters) he will recognize it. Otherwise it can be just the flu, stress, or a transient virus.

Do somethint to heat up your flat, or at least the living/bedroom. Spending many hours in cold places, specially urban, is quite unhealthy.

Last edited:

Runenight201

Are you consuming starch? Egg whites + fried in a little bit of butter with salt should be very easy on the digestion and help assimilate some nutrients back into you, especially if you are having trouble eating. I think eating the yolks is ****88 up. Brings on intense paranoia in me.

ThinPicking

View attachment 43798

Who knew ocular inflammation could still be pretty Paddington. Even with the blur and malady there's proof of God in that image.

Your suffering is palpable from the text and I'm sorry lovely. One way or another you'll get better. Keep posting.

Her highness Peatness is on the money here.

HeyThere

Is my post invisible?

Every symptom is textbook sinus infection, but no, let's ask her diet and if she eats squirrel testicles for lunch. Sometimes this forum is so over the top.

Runenight201

Is my post invisible?

Every symptom is textbook sinus infection, but no, let's ask her diet and if she eats squirrel testicles for lunch. Sometimes this forum is so over the top.

Damn can sinus infections cause IBS and diarrhea?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals