Supplement List UK

jyb

Isadora said:
Beebop, you may also consider

http://www.health-energy-fitness.co.uk/ ... egnenolone

One is with sodium and lecithine, plus a bunch of other composants -- the "continuous release" version from Designs for Health, and the other one has glycerin and alcohol (the micronized oral version from BioMatrix)

Just thinking out loud here, the controlled release might be a more interesting option... It might "rob" you of immediate effects reported elsewhere ("face lift effect", etc.) -- but that might turn out to be a blessing, since during the day it's less risky that you transform a big quantity of it into cortisol or some other unpleasant stuff? My :2cents

Thanks for these source. However the controlled release has some nasty ingredients (silica) so I would be careful. Also its not clear whether control release is just marketing or actually biologically useful. I think that, in general, control release is not very biologically sane and is at the cost of extra controversial ingredients for controlling the release.

Isadora

daisyjane said:
Isadora said:
I found here Progest-e, Great Lakes gelatin (hydrolyzed) and coconut oil. There are other goodies as well:

http://www.health-energy-fitness.co.uk/The-Shop
Awesome link Isadora, thanks! Last time I ordered Progest-E from the States and it cost a fortune. Good to know you can buy it in the UK.

You're very welcome, daisyjane!

International shipping has been quite fast and inexpensive, in my experience (France), so maybe we should include that resource next time the list is updated, for European folks in need for Progest-e or Great Lakes gelatin...

jyb

Isadora said:
daisyjane said:
Isadora said:
I found here Progest-e, Great Lakes gelatin (hydrolyzed) and coconut oil. There are other goodies as well:

http://www.health-energy-fitness.co.uk/The-Shop
Awesome link Isadora, thanks! Last time I ordered Progest-E from the States and it cost a fortune. Good to know you can buy it in the UK.

You're very welcome, daisyjane!

International shipping has been quite fast and inexpensive, in my experience (France), so maybe we should include that resource next time the list is updated, for European folks in need for Progest-e or Great Lakes gelatin...

I usually order Great Lakes from purebodybalanceshop (UK based) - they have good service. They are sometimes out of stock (it's written when you order), but then if you order they'll put you in a waiting list and usually it's sent within a few days.

Re health-energy-fitness.co.uk:
They have MCT oil btw, which is very rare to find here in the UK.

On progest-E: "We keep our inventory of Dr. Peat's Progest-E oil refrigerated, just as we recommend you do at home"

jyb

Who in the UK would be willing to share costs of buying some incandescents from http://www.heatbulbs.eu/?

They are able to sell incandescents (incl. 200, 300, 500w) because they are officially sold for "heating" purposes. However, they require to buy in bulk (15 items, depends on the bulb wattage) as you can see when you try to order.

This seems like the only way for me to get powerful incandescents bulbs. I already have infrared heat bulbs which are easy to get in the UK, but it seems like light therapy is really better with incandescents.

chris

jyb - I'd be interested in purchasing 1, maybe 500w.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Keep in mind that for a 500 watt you would need to make sure you have a light holder that will handle that many watts. :2cents

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Keep in mind that for a 500 watt you would need to make sure you have a light holder that will handle that many watts. :2cents

Yeah, I ran into that problemo - just finding a fixture for a 250 watt bulb!!

Funny story too about my adventure finding one as when I explained to this older gentlemen at the hardware store that most people who used this type of set up were chicken farmers who used it to warm chicks, I told him that it was not what I was doing but this was the best way I knew how to describe it. So he looks at me and says, "so what are you growing?"

I was so surprised but didn't want to try and explain what I was going to be doing, but then I could see by his reaction to the look on my face that he assumed I was going to be growing mj. I burst out laughing and so did he and then we had a conversation about how we didn't think there was anything wrong with that although I did assure him I wasn't going to be growing pot in my basement!! :rolling

jyb

chris said:
jyb - I'd be interested in purchasing 1, maybe 500w.

For 500w, minimum order is 15 bulbs. That's £90, without tax (£15) nor delivery charge. I think it's roughly similar for other bulbs.

I'm open to 500w, just need to find a lamp holder that can handle that (bulb is E40 socket, 220-240V), and make sure my home can handle this high wattage. But I'd only really use 1 at a time, so maybe a handful of bulbs for future use. I'm tempted to just buy 15 now, and sell the extras on eBay or to forum members.

jyb

I found a UK source of 500w incandescent without bulk order needed, but it only has a dozen in stock right now so I'll only share the link in PM. I'm still not sure where to get the E40 fitting + cable so I haven't ordered.

I found some E40, but without cable or designed for CFL (low wattage) only.

Beebop

Actually, several of the cheeses in the co-op are animal rennet only:
Emmental
Manchego
Mozzarella

There may be more.

But what I REALLY want is a bog standard mild/medium cheddar, preferably organic, made with animal rennet. Anyone found one?

Peato Diet

Carlson Vitamin K2 Menetetrenone - 5 mg 60 caps - £12.99 each when you buy two:
http://astronutrition.com/carlson-vitamin-k2-menetetrenone-5-mg-60-caps.html

Discount code for further reduction:
Please enter coupon code astro100 (all one word) to save £5 on all your orders over £20. Alternatively, you may enter code astro200 to save 10% off your entire purchase.

Postage to UK is £1.99 per item.

I have ordered from this firm a number of times and no problems.

PS just noticed the following comment on this thread (http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1657):
"...I asked RP what kind of supp would be good for people with IBD and he told me to take higher amount of vitamin K ( The brand he recommended me was Life Extension and Carlson)."

montmorency

Beebop said:
Actually, several of the cheeses in the co-op are animal rennet only:
Emmental
Manchego
Mozzarella

There may be more.

But what I REALLY want is a bog standard mild/medium cheddar, preferably organic, made with animal rennet. Anyone found one?

I'm not sure about the rennet, but Keen's unpasteurised cheddar is nice. You can usually get it in Waitrose. They have other UK unpasteurised cheeses from time to time. They taste very tangy compared to pasteurised cheese.

Beebop

Montmorency, that's great. I'm most interested in the rennet, so if you find out about them, do let me know!

My hunch is that supermarket cheddars will all be vegetarian (based on my hunt so far).

chris

Anyone from the UK got a good, cheap source of USP niacinamide?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom