T3 Cynomel Is Making Me Really Tired

juanitacarlos

j. said:
Try not taking more than 4 mcg at once. If you take more, your body might try hard to get rid of the T3.

j, that's not exactly true. Some people need higher doses, much more in some cases.

J

j.

ttramone said:
j, that's not exactly true. Some people need higher doses, much more in some cases.

More than 64 mcg of T3 per day? If you take 4 mcg in an hour, and are awake 16 hours, you can get to 64 mcg. Do people really need more than that?

jyb

j. said:
More than 64 mcg of T3 per day? If you take 4 mcg in an hour, and are awake 16 hours, you can get to 64 mcg. Do people really need more than that?

I can take several cynomel pills at once without any effect... Seems to be a minority on this forum but a few people don't react to standard doses.

jaguar43

MarkusToe said:
jag2594 said:
MarkusToe said:
I started taking Cynomel about 2 weeks ago. I cut the tablets into 6 pieces and for the first week only took one piece with breakfast. The next week I added another piece when having lunch. Now I notice that I get really sleepy after the second piece. Could this mean that the dosage is too high?

I'm following a peat inspired diet for about a year now. My pulse has always been very low. At the moment its 62 and temp is 36.3 C. Could it be that the T3 is lowering my pulse?

Ray Peat has said that when taking thyroid, one feels like taking a nap in the afternoon.

today it was more like I cant keep my eyes open anymore

When people eat a large breakfast they sometimes experience cold hands and feet. This is because the stress hormones are high. Trying eating a large breakfast and see how you react.

jaguar43

jyb said:
j. said:

I can take several cynomel pills at once without any effect... Seems to be a minority on this forum but a few people don't react to standard doses.

I use to get like that before using coffee or a magnesium supplement while taking thyroid.

juanitacarlos

jyb said:
j. said:

Yes, some people need more than 64mcg per day. But what I was saying is that taking a larger dose in one go is beneficial for some people, including me. I've spoken to many people through another forum, that due to a variety of reasons need larger doses, taken only a few times per day. I do well at the moment with three doses daily, and get very hypo on smaller doses spread out during the day.

I know Peat has said that the body produces about 4mcg of T3 per hour. I'm sure that is correct for a healthy person, but most people aren't so it might not be the most appropriate way to take your thyroid meds.

Mittir

I have heard RP talking about potency of dessicated thyroid and synthetic thyroid.
Dessicated thyroid brands have wildly varied content of T3 and T4. There are studies that shows that. Armour used to test thyroid content for each batch.
After changing their formula they are irrelevant now.
He also mentioned that thyroid hormone is very sensitive and can get degrade quickly.
Though he thinks cynomel maintains a good standard, but it does not guarantee
that each tablet has the amount it supposed to have when someone is ingesting it.
We only have to go by symptoms. There are several studies which investigated
possible malabsorption of thyroid hormones.

jyb

ttramone said:
Yes, some people need more than 64mcg per day. But what I was saying is that taking a larger dose in one go is beneficial for some people, including me. I've spoken to many people through another forum, that due to a variety of reasons need larger doses, taken only a few times per day. I do well at the moment with three doses daily, and get very hypo on smaller doses spread out during the day.

How large are your doses? It reminds of the "thyroid resistance" protocol out there, where they take a very high dose T3 early morning.

Although it has little apparent effect, I keep taking smaller doses throughout the day because apparently that has kept my TSH low, which is sound theoretically.

J

j.

Mittir said:
Dessicated thyroid brands have wildly varied content of T3 and T4.

I read that the technology improved and they don't vary much today.

OP
M

MarkusToe

ttramone said:
Markus, what were your regular temps/pulse before starting the T3? Did you have any other hypothyroid symptoms?

Are you tried all day, or just after lunch? Have you been taking your temp on waking, before and after eating etc?

My pulse has always been very low mostly about 60 bpm - max. 70 bpm. Temps have been around 36 to 36.5 C. I do definitely get tired after eating lunch but I also awake always sluggish after about 7 to 8 hours of sleep. So far I didn't take my temps after waking and after eating.

If my temps are higher after eating that tells me something about stress hormones? How can I apply this knowledge to the use of thyroid supplementation?

jaguar43

Mittir said:
I have heard RP talking about potency of dessicated thyroid and synthetic thyroid.
Dessicated thyroid brands have wildly varied content of T3 and T4. There are studies that shows that. Armour used to test thyroid content for each batch.
After changing their formula they are irrelevant now.
He also mentioned that thyroid hormone is very sensitive and can get degrade quickly.
Though he thinks cynomel maintains a good standard, but it does not guarantee
that each tablet has the amount it supposed to have when someone is ingesting it.
We only have to go by symptoms. There are several studies which investigated
possible malabsorption of thyroid hormones.

What do you mean malabsorption of thyroid hormones ?

Mittir

What do you mean malabsorption of thyroid hormones ?

It is the low absorption rate of ingested thyroid medication through digestive system.
Apparently some people do not absorb it well.

OP
M

MarkusToe

How can we interpret high body temperature and low pulse? My pulse is almost never above 65 bpm but my temperature this days is mostly about 36.8C or 98.24F. Are there any general rules?

Can we say that a low pulse indicates that temperature is not driven by adrenalin?

Here's what I found on the EastWestHealing Webiste:

• Pulse takes longer to regulate than body temperature
  • Pulse will help provide you insite into adrenaline
  • Acute phases of adrenaline will show up with low pulses, with maybe 1-2 higher ones during the day
  • More chronic cases, people will show up with low body temperature and low pulse
  • More systemic/chronic metabolisms that are beginning to shut down and that have not been regulated for a long time will show with either high body temperatures and/or low temperatures, but their pulse readings will be high from the time they get up and throughout the day

http://eastwesthealing.com/body-tempearture-and-pulse/

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
MarkusToe said:
How can we interpret high body temperature and low pulse? My pulse is almost never above 65 bpm but my temperature this days is mostly about 36.8C or 98.24F. Are there any general rules?
Pulse should be in the range of 80-90, and temp on awakening should be 97.8 - 98.2 and then after lunch time you should have hit at least 98.6. Anything lower then that indicates a hypo-metabolic state.

OP
M

MarkusToe

Charlie said:
MarkusToe said:
Pulse should be in the range of 80-90, and temp on awakening should be 97.8 - 98.2 and then after lunch time you should have hit at least 98.6. Anything lower then that indicates a hypo-metabolic state.

I already figured that much. But is there anything we can tell in general from HIGH temp but LOW pulse?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Low metabolic rate. As Josh stated, the pulse takes the longest to respond. I am still dealing with low pulse although slowly but surely its coming up.

What is your basal metabolic rate? That's important to know.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Your basal metabolic rate is the temperature and pulse averaged out over a few days of when you first awake in the morning without getting out of bed.

I am not sure that the calculator can effectively your measure metabolic rate. This can be better done with temp and pulse.

jaywills

MarkusToe. I was just wondering if you ever got over this issue of T3 making you tired? I have recently introduced T3, around 25mcg over the course of the day in around 5mcg does. Before thyroid dosing my temps were high but pulse low. Everything aside from my pulse was good in terms of my hypo symptoms. Due to excessive weight gain on what i see as low calorie for a young male (around 2600 for a weight lifting male) i thought i would introduce T3 to help shift some fat. My pulse has increased marginally with 25mcg of t3 and temps still remain high but i have been overwhelmed with lethargy and brain fog. very tired, like you outlined a while ago. I have been on this dose or 2 weeks and this was my starting dose. I also have found that my muscle is down and strength in the gym down too. Does anybody have any suggestions, should i increase my dose/ride the storm? Discontinue t3? MarkusToe did you manage to come out of the other side of lethargy?

jaywills said:
Does anybody have any suggestions, should i increase my dose/ride the storm? Discontinue t3? MarkusToe did you manage to come out of the other side of lethargy?
jw, if you're gaining fat, it's simple, you're stressed because you're not getting enough sugar and protein. The t3 will only make matters worse, potentially much worse.

Why are you restricting your diet? Please don't. The beauty of peating is that the more you eat of dense nutrition (milk and fructose or its equivalent) the better you feel. Come on, bro. Have faith in the Peat man. He hasn't been doing this for 45 years for nuttin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals